TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Pigott
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the News, Cowley says that it is the brilliant form of Bishop and Scarlett that is keeping Pigott out of the side. He also believes that Bishop and Pigott would not work well together. When asked whether Pigott would go back to Ipswich in January, he was unable to answer. So that would be a yes then. What is this man on?
Sounds like Pigott has shagged Cowley’s missus.
Cowley is retarded, I genuinely believe that. Or he is smoking crack.
He’s the manager so his decision.

Personally, I’d like to see the partnership tried more often but Pigott hasn’t pulled up any trees so far and having seen him play in one particular minor cup game, I have to say he was bloody awful. Ask any Ipswich fan about him and they’ll laugh at you.

What has he done to make people think he’s the new Messiah?
Lol no they wouldn’t laugh at you. He’s a proven goal scorer and has had very few minutes but had a great start to the season and combines far better with Bishop. Scarlett offers nothing.

Did I say he was the messiah? No, don’t be a prick.

Yes it is the managers decision and his decisions are the reason he’s a failure outside of non-league and the reason we’ll be spending another season in
L1, just like his decision to be a stubborn prick last season and not play Jacobs only to realize 20 games later that he should and then regrets it.
(09-12-2022, 05:08 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Lol no they wouldn’t laugh at you.  He’s a proven goal scorer and has had very few minutes but had a great start to the season and combines far better with Bishop. Scarlett offers nothing.

Yes it is the managers decision and his decisions are the reason he’s a failure outside of non-league and the reason we’ll be spending another season in
L1, just like his decision to be a stubborn prick last season and not play Jacobs only to realize 20 games later that he should and then regrets it.

Scarlett offers something. He offers pace and power that scares opposition defences and changes the way they have to play against us. He also offers an excellent work rate and Cowley's beloved 'defence from the front'.  It's just a shame he hasn't offered much in the way of goals recently, but he is a young player and quite capable of doing a George Hirst and coming good in the second half of the season.  

Pigott will doubtless get more chances if he stays past January, but he will have to do a lot better than he has so far to start ahead of Bishop or Scarlett. 

And I'd have thought winning the League Two championship should count as an achievement outside of non-league. I seem to remember we celebrated it as if it meant something.   Saving a team from relegation in the Championship was hardly failure either.
(09-12-2022, 05:25 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2022, 05:08 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Lol no they wouldn’t laugh at you.  He’s a proven goal scorer and has had very few minutes but had a great start to the season and combines far better with Bishop. Scarlett offers nothing.

Scarlett offers something. He offers pace and power that scares opposition defences and changes the way they have to play against us. He also offers an excellent work rate and Cowley's beloved 'defence from the front'.  It's just a shame he hasn't offered much in the way of goals recently, but he is a young player and quite capable of doing a George Hirst and coming good in the second half of the season.  

Pigott will doubtless get more chances if he stays past January, but he will have to do a lot better than he has so far to start ahead of Bishop or Scarlett. 

And I'd have thought winning the League Two championship should count as an achievement outside of non-league. I seem to remember we celebrated it as if it meant something.   Saving a team from relegation in the Championship was hardly failure either.

The pace and power achieves nothing though and has zero assists, he runs around whilst the defense pass it back to the keeper, it’s utterly pointless. He should come on after an hour if he has to play.

Yeah it did us the world of good Hirst coming good in January! We need players to produce for 10 months.  We are professional football club not a crèche. 

It meant something because it got us promoted but it’s hardly up there with the fa cup. How many months did he last at Huddersfield before he got sacked?  Didn’t take them long to work him out!
You said he is a failure outside of non-league. He isn't ... pretending that only winning the FA Cup counts a success if just a pathetic argument.  Poor even for you. 

At Huddersfield they were in terminal decline, bottom of the table with one point from 18 when he took over in September, and by Christmas they were mid tablish and he had a manager of the month award on the shelf. They fell away a bit in the second half of the season but still finished 18th of 24. Survival achieved -  job done cos that was what they brought him in for.    But you can re-write history if you like if it suits your agenda, like you can pretend winning the Lge 2 championhip is not some success in league football, but it only makes you look petty.
(09-12-2022, 08:17 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]You said he is a failure outside of non-league. He isn't ... pretending that only winning the FA Cup counts a success if just a pathetic argument.  Poor even for you. 

At Huddersfield they were in terminal decline, bottom of the table with one point from 18 when he took over in September, and by Christmas they were mid tablish and he had a manager of the month award on the shelf. They fell away a bit in the second half of the season but still finished 18th of 24. Survival achieved -  job done cos that was what they brought him in for.    But you can re-write history if you like if it suits your agenda, like you can pretend winning the Lge 2 championhip is not some success in league football, but it only makes you look petty.

I didn’t say that was the only thing that counts as success did I? Incredible levels of stupidly even for you DB. Poor.

Rewriting history?! He didn’t get sacked by Huddersfield then?  As I said, they worked him out.

Come on DB, The chuckle brothers aren’t gonna shag you.  If you had your way we’d spend the next 5 years in league one talking about it we win our games in hand whilst failing repeatedly lapping up excuse after excuse.

Did I say you did? You weren’t the OP and I didn’t quote you.

Twat.
Scarlett has done little to justify his place for a long time, so that argument from Cowley just doesn't hold water.
It's just politics, isn't it? Cowley won't do anything to upset Premier League managers whose players are on loan to us. Maybe it's not actually explicitly stated in their contracts that they play every game but, as Eric Idle used to say: a nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat....
A permutation not tried I think is Piggot & Scarlett with Bishop coming on as. 2nd half sub. Plymouth do this with Hardie their top scorer & it works well. Piggot Is good in the air & Scarlett is a willing runner feeding off the knock downs. Thoughts anyone?
Why not. DC's got nothing to lose.
I think anything is worth trying, Mikey, if it isn’t working with what we’ve got on the pitch.
For me, the service into the box isn’t reaching our strikers often enough. That’s either because the strikers aren’t getting into the right positions or the crosses aren’t being put into the right areas. Over the last couple of games, Scarlett has looked more likely to cause a threat and has certainly had more chances.
Ref Pigott, it was a loan worth trying because of his form when playing @ Wimbledon which wasn't so long ago. But tbh everytime I've seen him this season he's sort of ambled around & generally been a bit woeful. If we can send him back next month I would. He looks like he's lost a lot of his appetite for the game he had @ Wimbledon by joining Ipswich & not featuring.
While we're @ it hopefully Koroma & even yes Dale will also depart, both have flattered to deceive imo.
(10-12-2022, 12:37 PM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]Ref Pigott, it was a loan worth trying because of his form when playing @ Wimbledon which wasn't so long ago. But tbh everytime I've seen him this season he's sort of ambled around & generally been a bit woeful. If we can send him back next month I would. He looks like he's lost a lot of his appetite for the game he had @ Wimbledon by joining Ipswich & not featuring.
While we're @ it hopefully Koroma & even yes Dale will also depart, both have flattered to deceive imo.

I would say that Bishop obviously seemed to have some early season success alongside Pigott but I certainly wouldn’t object to someone replacing him if they show more consistent form.

As to Dale, he at least shows as much interest as Curtis but he has more pace and ability.
(10-12-2022, 01:25 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-12-2022, 12:37 PM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]Ref Pigott, it was a loan worth trying because of his form when playing @ Wimbledon which wasn't so long ago. But tbh everytime I've seen him this season he's sort of ambled around & generally been a bit woeful. If we can send him back next month I would. He looks like he's lost a lot of his appetite for the game he had @ Wimbledon by joining Ipswich & not featuring.

I would say that Bishop obviously seemed to have some early season success alongside Pigott but I certainly wouldn’t object to someone replacing him if they show more consistent form.

As to Dale, he at least shows as much interest as Curtis but he has more pace and ability.

How can he be consistent when he doesn’t play?

Scarlett doesn’t score enough and creates nothing. He’s busy running around whilst our midfield pass it backwards. If we played like Wycombe and broke quickly he might be able to produce something but he is 10 games overdue a spell on the bench.
I think the worrying thing is hat it would seem DC has no notion of dropping Scarlett especially as he believes Piggot is an alternative to Bishop, where as we appear to think that Piggot is an option for Scarlett.
(10-12-2022, 01:53 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I think the worrying thing is hat it would seem DC has no notion of dropping Scarlett especially as he believes Piggot is an alternative to Bishop, where as we appear to think that Piggot is an option for Scarlett.

DC says Scarlett is the best defending striker he’s seen in 15 years, pretty much sums up our problems. He’s too busy worrying about losing that he doesn’t think about winning.