TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: James Collins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heard today Derby and Pompey are talking about a cash plus player deal with James Collins and Clark Robertson.

It's an interesting suggestion because I don't think Derby are sanctioned to spend and Robertson is out of contract in the summer.

We will also be light up front as it is an open secret Piggott is going back in Jan
So who has updated Robertson's Wiki entry with "he has told his teammates he’d rather retire than join Derby in January" ??  

I wouldnt say not to Collins, although he seems an unlikely target given his age and our stated transfer policy, but not at the expense of losing our most consistent defender so far this season.  It would need a lot of money in the deal to make that a decent deal for us.
He was consistently bad on Sunday.

I suppose his other performances allow him some leeway.
(09-12-2022, 09:30 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Heard today Derby and Pompey are talking about a cash plus player deal with James Collins and Clark Robertson.

It's an interesting suggestion because I don't think Derby are sanctioned to spend and Robertson is out of contract in the summer.

We will also be light up front as it is an open secret Piggott is going back in Jan

Are we allowed to send him back in January? They can’t recall him.
I thought Robertson had been one of Cowley’s better signings. He’s only 28 so hopefully he won’t retire or sign for Derby but will stay with us. Got a very cultured left foot for a centre back.
(09-12-2022, 11:32 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2022, 09:30 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Heard today Derby and Pompey are talking about a cash plus player deal with James Collins and Clark Robertson.

Reading between the lines of Cowley's comments in the News, he is going back. He may well have another, more worthwhile, loan fixed up.
George Hirst anyone ?
Maybe, at a lot less money than last season.
(10-12-2022, 08:57 AM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]

Reading between the lines of Cowley's comments in the News, he is going back. He may well have another, more worthwhile, loan fixed up.

Another loan striker he won’t play? Or will he drop Bishop, he’s capable of such a blunder.
(10-12-2022, 01:40 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Another loan striker he won’t play? Or will he drop Bishop, he’s capable of such a blunder.

Actually, I meant Pigott, but your response to the alternative interpretation is valid.
(10-12-2022, 02:06 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-12-2022, 01:40 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Actually, I meant Pigott, but your response to the alternative interpretation is valid.

Yeah I meant replacing Piggot with another loan striker who won’t play or drop Bishop and play 2 strikers who run around a lot.
(09-12-2022, 09:42 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]So who has updated Robertson's Wiki entry with "he has told his teammates he’d rather retire than join Derby in January" ??  

I wouldnt say not to Collins, although he seems an unlikely target given his age and our stated transfer policy, but not at the expense of losing our most consistent defender so far this season.  It would need a lot of money in the deal to make that a decent deal for us.

We don’t have a transfer policy
He won't drop Bishop. Did you see how many headed clearances he made from Wycombe corners? A MOM performance in DC's eyes.
(10-12-2022, 09:32 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]George Hirst anyone ?

Looks like he's going to the Tractor Boys on loan for the rest of the season.