TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Full time report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Olly. Great performance from the little fella. Not the first time I’ve seen him and he impresses every time.
Hume. Some great crosses into the box. Seemed less willing to take their defence on. Might have been under instruction.
Ogilvie. Solid as is generally usual.
Robertson. As good as he was bad from his previous outing.
Morrison. Can’t really remember he was in the game much. A couple of positive moments.
Dale. Full of energy. Single handedly stopped a dangerous three man attack down our right. Why does he have to take the last man on? Cross the bloody thing!!!!
Reeco. Some very positive, solid work. Looking more and more assured.
Mingi. MOM. What fucking goal!
Morrell. Very lively. Bollocks to Wales!
Koroma. The best game I’ve seen him play since forever. Great goal and two other very good efforts. Linked well on Dales side. Keep him on the right.
Pigott. Putrid for 92 mins and then…wtf! Brilliant free kick.

Curtis. Better.
Jacobs. Brilliance and then…oh fuck off! 
Pack. Alright
Tunnicliffe. Surprised to hear myself say this but I’d be tempted to keep him (unless it’s for a decent fee, in which case…bye)
Raggett. What you’d expect. Shame it hit the post though.

Stevenage. Looked far better in the second half. Could see why they are second in league two. They deserved at least a goal. Fortunately, their defenders had the chances. Their attackers all played like Pigott.
Looked good against League 2 opposition otherwise a cookie cutter Pompey performance
We’re obviously a cup team, playing extremely well against non- league and Div 4 minnows. Let’s see how we get on against Tottie Hotshots.
You could see why Stevenage are looking to get promotion to our league. I thought we looked vulnerable in the second half.
(13-12-2022, 09:28 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Olly. Great performance from the little fella. Not the first time I’ve seen him and he impresses every time.
Hume. Some great crosses into the box. Seemed less willing to take their defence on. Might have been under instruction.
Ogilvie. Solid as is generally usual.
Robertson. As good as he was bad from his previous outing.
Morrison. Can’t really remember he was in the game much. A couple of positive moments.
Dale. Full of energy. Single handedly stopped a dangerous three man attack down our right. Why does he have to take the last man on? Cross the bloody thing!!!!
Reeco. Some very positive, solid work. Looking more and more assured.
Mingi. MOM. What fucking goal!
Morrell. Very lively. Bollocks to Wales!
Koroma. The best game I’ve seen him play since forever. Great goal and two other very good efforts. Linked well on Dales side. Keep him on the right.
Pigott. Putrid for 92 mins and then…wtf! Brilliant free kick.

Curtis. Better.
Jacobs. Brilliance and then…oh fuck off! 
Pack. Alright
Tunnicliffe. Surprised to hear myself say this but I’d be tempted to keep him (unless it’s for a decent fee, in which case…bye)
Raggett. What you’d expect. Shame it hit the post though.

Stevenage. Looked far better in the second half. Could see why they are second in league two. They deserved at least a goal. Fortunately, their defenders had the chances. Their attackers all played like Pigott.

What was the Jacobs comment about ?
I assumed he had crocked himself again, but can't see any mention of it.
He played well for about 15 mins then went missing. His usual performance tbh
(14-12-2022, 04:57 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]He played well for about 15 mins then went missing. His usual performance tbh

He was only on the pitch for 28 minutes.  

But is it too surprising that when you are brought on in what is essentially a reserve game with the game already won it's hard  to motivate yourself to play your best.  But if he played well for 15 mins then he did OK surely ?
Perhaps I was a bit harsh, consider he’s just back from injury. I wasn’t taken by his showboating attempt to lift the ball over a defender and with all the time in the world, a skyrocket of a shot that was saved only by the Fratton End.

He’s a one, maybe two, games in five player.

But he’s still currently better than Curtis.
With Thompson and Lowery coming back , it gives us possibly the best 3 man midfield ( inc Pack) in the two lower divisions . I think DC will revert to wing backs when he gets his midfield back. Therefore doing away with Curtis/ Koroma/ Jacobs. I’d try and keep Dale . The winter priority should be a rt wing back , a striker, and if he’s going to try and loan Josh out then an experienced keeper to replace him on the bench. If we can regain our earlier form then I’m confident we’ll make the play offs
(14-12-2022, 07:24 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps I was a bit harsh, consider he’s just back from injury. I wasn’t taken by his showboating attempt to lift the ball over a defender and with all the time in the world, a skyrocket of a shot that was saved only by the Fratton End.

Admit it Cunni you can finally see what a Good Player he is!

Showboating idea wasn't great but probably wanted to warm up the fans on a truly cold night.

He just needs to stay fit now so input from the physios needed.

Looks like Thompson will be back for the Xmas matches - Big Bonus.

PUP.
so do we keep a player who is fit from time to time and a world beater for 15 minutes, or a player who has the best stats of any forward player this century, is almost always fit but sometimes has a tantrum?
Or try and find a replacement for both, bearing in kind that the other alternatives are both only on loan.
(15-12-2022, 05:06 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]With Thompson and Lowery coming back , it gives us possibly the best 3 man midfield ( inc Pack) in the two lower divisions . I think DC will revert to wing backs when he gets his midfield back. Therefore doing away with Curtis/ Koroma/ Jacobs. I’d try and keep Dale . The winter priority should be a rt wing back , a striker, and if he’s going to try and loan Josh out then an experienced keeper to replace him on the bench. If we can regain our earlier form then I’m confident we’ll make the play offs

Wing backs is something I have long advocated for specific games depending on the opposition formations.

More crosses from the byeline  should equal more goals!

I thought we had Swanson as Rt WB when fit? But watched Haydn Carter playing as RT FB running nearly full lengrth of pitch & creating a goal with a great cross. Hirst, on bench again so worth a loan enquiry. No idea on GK maybe a PL or Good Championship No.2.
Swanson looks well able to me, with Rafferty coming back, that will be a strong position now he has some more experience.
(15-12-2022, 07:06 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-12-2022, 07:24 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps I was a bit harsh, consider he’s just back from injury. I wasn’t taken by his showboating attempt to lift the ball over a defender and with all the time in the world, a skyrocket of a shot that was saved only by the Fratton End.

Showboating idea wasn't great but probably wanted to warm up the fans on a truly cold night.

PUP.

He’s a great player, on his day, Mikey. Trouble is, he can’t keep it up.

Ref:- Thompson, you’re spot on there.
(15-12-2022, 09:49 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-12-2022, 07:06 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]

PUP.

He’s a great player, on his day, Mikey. Trouble is, he can’t keep it up.

Ref:- Thompson, you’re spot on there.
Best to judge him when fully fit. 

Agreed he's too inconsistent but can help us win games which is what's needed now.