TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: EFL Draw
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bolton away.
Shyte, probably the worst possible draw
Or Plymouth
Gotta play ‘em sometime.

Might as well get it done now.
When do we all flip on our view and like the EFL cup? Is it now or when we get to the final?
A day out at Wembley not to be scoffed at.
For a real cup like the FA Cup, no
The final with Sunderland was a fantastic day out
Looking at the draw, the only final that could match the Sunderland game would be if we get the winners of the Bristol Rovers v Plymouth or Wimbledon quarter final. Any other opponent would see loads of empty seats at their end........ unless they agree to give us 60,000 again like we would have sold for Salford!
Bolton v Pompey. The footballing equivalent of Ricky Hatton & Mike Tyson to slogging it out on the same date. Lol
Shit competition, only good to give the reserves a run out. Who cares about a Wembley cup final that the two finalists will only remember. A tournament we don’t need .
Who cares about any final except the finalists? I couldn’t give a monkey’s about the World Cup final. Hope they both lose
This is a great competition and the further we go the more games in hand we’ll get which as we all know equal 3 points until we play them.
Kennys downfall was partly due to not focusing on the league when we had a chance of going up.

This season is different though. We don't have a prayer. So a good cup run is about as exciting as its going to get for the 2022/23 season.
(15-12-2022, 04:43 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]This is a great competition and the further we go the more games in hand we’ll get which as we all know equal 3 points until we play them.

Don't be stupid, no league games get postponed to play Papa Johns games. 

And all I'll say about our games in hand is I'm very glad we will be playing them after we have got reinforcements in January rather than playing them when we were short of midfielders and out of form. 

Maintaining our current average of 1.6 points per game in those games in hand is all we need to do to go up to 4th or 5th, but surely it is not unreasonable to expect better than that after we get everyone fit and strengthen the squad. 

Your attitude that everyone else assumes a game in hand is worth 3 points is as childish as it is untrue because i've never seen anyone say that.
(15-12-2022, 05:06 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-12-2022, 04:43 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]This is a great competition and the further we go the more games in hand we’ll get which as we all know equal 3 points until we play them.

And all I'll say about our games in hand is I'm very glad we will be playing them after we have got reinforcements in January rather than playing them when we were short of midfielders and out of form. 

Maintaining our current average of 1.6 points per game in those games in hand is all we need to do to go up to 4th or 5th, but surely it is not unreasonable to expect better than that after we get everyone fit and strengthen the squad. 

Your attitude that everyone else assumes a game in hand is worth 3 points is as childish as it is untrue because i've never seen anyone say that.

LOL your time of the month Sweetheart?!
It’s still a shit competition know matter how often we win it. We took the piss out the scum for winning it ffs and now we’re bigging it up and saying it’s another day out at over priced soul less Wembley. Still it’ll keep the Eisners happy with another ‘ major piece’ of silverware and better than a costly promotion.
(15-12-2022, 03:48 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Shit competition, only good to give the reserves a run out. Who cares about a Wembley cup final that the two finalists will only remember. A tournament we don’t need .

Those who booked to take kids along to the cancelled final might. 
At least it is affordable and open to all clubs not just the money bags few. 

The FA run cup comps for all tiers, this is our one at the moment.
What happened to the North and South being kept apart?
Doesn’t mean it’s worth the extra toil on the players. We don’t need more games especially for Mickey Mouse cups. Take the kids to an England game instead it’s usually cheap tkts for school kids
(15-12-2022, 05:06 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

But it’s funny! About time we had something other than misery on here.
Watch England instead of Pompey? No thanks. It’s in the blood, either you have it or you don’t.
A good run in the Pizza trophy is cash in hand for DC to spend on a decent player.
Bluetagagain - wrote,

"Shit competition, only good to give the reserves a run out. Who cares about a Wembley cup final that the two finalists will only remember. A tournament we don’t need "

The thing is Tag it is a source of very useful revenue, Sunderland reckon they netted £2 million from the competition, hardly nothing to care ABOUT ?
£2M from the pizza cup !!!! I very much doubt it .
Pages: 1 2