TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Manner of the performance important today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Last few games we have been ponderous, disinterested, no movement off the ball and a few of us have started to wonder if the players are still supporting the manager.

We are at home today playing a winnable match in crisp conditions. Today, we will find out.
they will have to run around to keep warm
3-0 Scarlett hatrick
the manner of the performance seems to be calculated to get the manager the sack so far.
God we're useless
To quote the OP
"ponderous, disinterested, no movement off the ball and a few of us have started to wonder if the players are still supporting the manager."
Just shows how much we need Raggett, presumably he's not 100%
(17-12-2022, 04:26 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]To quote the OP
"ponderous, disinterested, no movement off the ball and a few of us have started to wonder if the players are still supporting the manager."

Think he's right
That's a whole lot of empty seats, can't blame anyone for going early today.
At the end it would be appropriate if everyone just left.
No boos, no claps, just apathy. To reflect the team performance.
Manner of what performance? It was a complete and utter shambles.
If Andrew Cullen is not recommending to ME the sacking of Cowley tonight, then he's not doing his job properly.
(17-12-2022, 05:09 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]If Andrew Cullen is not recommending to ME the sacking of Cowley tonight, then he's not doing his job properly.

probably asking himself why he left MK
Danny’s a lovely bloke though and really gets Pompey.
(17-12-2022, 05:15 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-12-2022, 05:09 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]If Andrew Cullen is not recommending to ME the sacking of Cowley tonight, then he's not doing his job properly.

probably asking himself why he left MK

Quite.  They've whipped his arse 3 times in a row in the league since.

None of this should come as a surprise.  We've been shit for weeks, glossed over by average performances by second string cup teams. Can remember us beating FGR in the league but can't recall when we last won before that. Team seem to be rudderless and clueless.  Thankfully they won't ruin my afternoon again until after Xmas.
We have our answer. Minority singing you're getting sacked in the morning and we want Cowley out
Below Bristol Rovers in the table now, Joey Barton must be smiling.
Borrowed this from twitter..........The Eisner’s are slowly choking the fun out of this club. All this identity bollocks, is being swallowed by the majority. We are no longer a fighting club, we’re becoming just another also ran. The Cowley’s are nice blokes, but building a community club at the expense of success
(17-12-2022, 06:23 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]The Eisner’s are slowly choking the fun out of this club. All this identity bollocks, is being swallowed by the majority. We are no longer a fighting club, we’re becoming just another also ran.

I think there's a lot in this. A fish rots from the head, and Eisner's obvious apathy is infecting the whole club.
Barton will be smiling because we didn't play 4 4 2
Just watched us getting thrashed by Norwich in 1975.
Not much seems to have changed
Hammie, quite a lot has changed.. no one wears faux-fir trimmed parkas anymore! I was 15 and somehow my mate and I ended up in the Milton End with the Norwich fans.. we got to the front, slung our parkas over the concrete wall/moat..bright orange linings outermost... must have been 3000+ Norwich fans behind us..
We were well chuffed to see ourselves on Sunday Soccer the next day.. always wondered if those parkas would ever have a use.. they certainly never kept out the cold or rain!
PUP... keep the faith...
I had one of those! and you're right they were good for not much apart from using as goalposts!
Back then my view of Pompey fans was as they trudged home across Milton Park looking fed up as usual.
(17-12-2022, 06:23 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Borrowed this from twitter..........The Eisner’s are slowly choking the fun out of this club. All this identity bollocks, is being swallowed by the majority. We are no longer a fighting club, we’re becoming just another also ran. The Cowley’s are nice blokes, but building a community club at the expense of success

The only thing they can be blamed for is DC but there will still be plenty on here who want to keep him.

I’m puzzled at how todays result is their fault.
They have given the manager more money to spend on the squad than his predecessor so I would agree with you. Kenny might not have been every one's cup of tea but his team was consistently good at garnering points until that last astounding collapse.
(17-12-2022, 07:12 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-12-2022, 06:23 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Borrowed this from twitter..........The Eisner’s are slowly choking the fun out of this club. All this identity bollocks, is being swallowed by the majority. We are no longer a fighting club, we’re becoming just another also ran. The Cowley’s are nice blokes, but building a community club at the expense of success

The only thing they can be blamed for is DC but there will still be plenty on here who want to keep him.

Not just today Pg-100 its the whole club, the way it's being run.  We were always going to lose at home but I never saw that coming until I heard the team he'd picked. Wtf was Cowley doing coming up with that. Talked to a regular away goer who I know well, Cowley and most of the players got dog's abuse at Wycombe after the game from our fans, Sky didnt broadcast it naturally. Dale was the only one who got a decent reception. They deserved it there and it was no better at Morecambe I am told although we did get a point. Today at the end it wasn't too bad as many had long gone. These players are getting paid well, they aren't earning it. The club needs a bloody good shake up starting with the Cowleys. Sadly I dont think it will happen but I can but hope
Pages: 1 2 3