TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: This is embarrassing...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dire, abject, hopeless
and most of all disorganised and confused.
Dreadful performance with strange original lineup.
If we win our games in hand……
we'll keep the brothers in a job
(17-12-2022, 04:31 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]and most of all disorganised and confused.

That’s not like Pompey under Cowley
(17-12-2022, 04:46 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-12-2022, 04:31 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]and most of all disorganised and confused.

That’s not like Pompey under Cowley

but it looks good on the tablet or champ manager
Goalie MOM, lol
must think he will be a future international and want a signed top.
Surely the cowleys cannot survive this
We got super Danny cowley!!
Something major is wrong here behind the scene.

Something has to change & fast.
(17-12-2022, 05:13 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Something major is wrong here behind the scene.

Our manager is out of his depth and a useless coont?
It won't....
I think it’s safe to say Cowley has lost the dressing room . Got to go now . Another season wasted and another season of mediocrity.
(17-12-2022, 05:21 PM)kindofblue Wrote: [ -> ]It won't....

I fear you are right.
(17-12-2022, 05:13 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Something major is wrong here behind the scene.

Yeah, will be interesting to know why raggett wasn’t playing. I assume he can’t be injured as he was on the bench. Certainly wouldn’t have allowed to powder puff goals like those. 

Unfortunately it’s the same as the last few seasons, when we have a genuine chance to catch the top six at this time of the year. Strange team selections and formations and general apathy. Second best all over the pitch to bottom of the league. Very frustrating and embarrassing. AGAIN!!!

Also, lots of posturing about transfer activity as usual but just like the last few seasons I bet nothing much happens. Really hope I’m wrong.

Only Pompey could have a billionaire American owner who doesn’t appear to bothered about failure. He will probably be happy with a papa johns final, although not even that looks likely on current form.

Merry Christmas Mr Eisner
(17-12-2022, 05:39 PM)Dibdenblue Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah, will be interesting to know why raggett wasn’t playing. I assume he can’t be injured as he was on the bench. Certainly wouldn’t have allowed to powder puff goals like those. 

Unfortunately it’s the same as the last few seasons, when we have a genuine chance to catch the top six at this time of the year. Strange team selections and formations and general apathy. Second best all over the pitch to bottom of the league. Very frustrating and embarrassing. AGAIN!!!

Also, lots of posturing about transfer activity as usual but just like the last few seasons I bet nothing much happens. Really hope I’m wrong.

Only Pompey could have a billionaire American owner who doesn’t appear to bothered about failure. He will probably be happy with a papa johns final, although not even that looks likely on current form.

Update! So just heard Cowley say he left out Raggett for tactical reasons. Wow! That says it all about his tactics ?

I’m lost for words.
Apparently Raggs was running on the pitch after the game and there was nothing wrong with him. I totally agree with Dibden, certainly the Eisners are more interested in the Papa Johns than the league. The contractors are doing well with the Milton End but that's about it I'm afraid....
Our players aren't great, but they're good enough for us to be able to put out a viable, functional team which could compete at this level. But we're not doing it. They're almost all DC's players, and he can't get a performance out of them. Let's not waste another window on him.
Teams that win leagues concede the fewest goals
Pretty simple, set up the defence, keep it the same as often as you can.
Add a decent defensive midfielder or two (away)

We can't keep a clean sheet to save our lives and constantly chop and change, that's a relegation team from what I remember down the years.
Yes the priorities seem to be the ground, the training ground & gym, corporate stuff and merchandising followed by the academy.

That all had to be done no dispute but still don’t think the Eisners will stay on much beyond completing the infrastructure stuff around 2024.

They won’t get rid of the Cowleys if their contracts are the same sort of timescale.

Could be wrong of course but I don’t see what’s in it for them after that if they’re not prepared to abandon their financial regime. They needed the academy to produce the goods a few years back and it’s not happened.
(17-12-2022, 05:58 PM)Dibdenblue Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-12-2022, 05:39 PM)Dibdenblue Wrote: [ -> ]

Update! So just heard Cowley say he left out Raggett for tactical reasons. Wow! That says it all about his tactics ?

I’m lost for words.

I’m surprised that you’re surprised.
(17-12-2022, 06:50 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Teams that win leagues concede the fewest goals
Pretty simple, set up the defence, keep it the same as often as you can.
Add a decent defensive midfielder or two (away)

We can't keep a clean sheet to save our lives and constantly chop and change, that's a relegation team from what I remember down the years.

The teams who win the league win the most games. We play to not lose, that’s our problem.
(17-12-2022, 06:12 PM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]Our players aren't great, but they're good enough for us to be able to put out a viable, functional team which could compete at this level. But we're not doing it. They're almost all DC's players, and he can't get a performance out of them. Let's not waste another window on him.

and that sums it up for me
His team, almost entirely and we are consistently worse than before he arrived and I seem to recall more expensive too. 

Incidentally, once the "not fit to wear the shirt" song come out, has any manager recovered to stay for very long after?
Pages: 1 2