TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Quick Poll - Should the Cowleys stay or go
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Pretty obvious to me that following the last few month’s performances / results that we should twist. Although I’m intrigued to see who wants the Cowley brothers to stay and why?
I think they have to go because of the standards and dissent. I am sad about it, I really wanted to to work, but it isn't, and it won't
Give them the whole season so there are no excuses. Then rebuild.
They have to go if we have any chance of getting out of this stinking league. Last season showed their quality, this season cements it.
This is the acid test for the Eisners. Do they twist or stick. We’ll see how much they really want promotion now. The league is the barometer and one win in 11 is usually enough to see you out the door when you’ve gone from 2nd/3rd to mid table (forget any games in hand). And it’s not just the results but the tinkering and inexplicable change in the on-field attitude.

I’ve slept on it. Thanks but, see you later Danny.
They can go now as far as I'm concerned - actually said to a mate at the start of the season that we would fold before Xmas this time - sad to be proven right
(18-12-2022, 07:25 AM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]This is the acid test for the Eisners. Do they twist or stick. We’ll see how much they really want promotion now. The league is the barometer and one win in 11 is usually enough to see you out the door when you’ve gone from 2nd/3rd to mid table (forget any games in hand). And it’s not just the results but the tinkering and inexplicable change in the on-field attitude.

It will be Cullen and Hughes surely that will be the ones to recommend to the eisners?
If it’s true that he dropped Raggett (cue two goals from undealt with crosses) then that’s the last straw. Sorry, go. It’s been too many unconvincing matches now, the players look shot. There doesn’t appear to be any plan, A or B! Game after game we start brightly for about 5 minutes, then run out of ideas, concede a soft goal, play better second half, with a draw the best outcome we can hope for. No home wins since September is just not good enough. Time to give someone else a go.
(18-12-2022, 07:42 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-12-2022, 07:25 AM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]This is the acid test for the Eisners. Do they twist or stick. We’ll see how much they really want promotion now. The league is the barometer and one win in 11 is usually enough to see you out the door when you’ve gone from 2nd/3rd to mid table (forget any games in hand). And it’s not just the results but the tinkering and inexplicable change in the on-field attitude.

It will be Cullen and Hughes surely that will be the ones to recommend to the eisners?

Leam Richardson until the end of the season given the Eisner's like these audition type pre-appointments ?
Go now. The squad's not bad and there is still time for a competent manager to get them into the play-offs.
Says the man: "We have to learn from this and we have to move on"

Yes, you do!
(18-12-2022, 07:53 AM)Jeff Hemmermans Perm Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-12-2022, 07:42 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]

Leam Richardson until the end of the season given the Eisner's like these audition type pre-appointments ?

Could do a lot worse than Richardson.
Go I’m afraid, it’s a shame because I admire his passion.
(18-12-2022, 12:20 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Give them the whole season so there are no excuses. Then rebuild.

I suspect this will be the probable outcome unless we suffer a run of back to back defeats. Whether we like it or they are here for the season. It will be interesting to see if Cowley gets any funds for the January tw. I see the usual bedwetters and WUMs are kicking off on Pompey Online, almost glad I’ve been banned there.
You when Lampard built that squad at Chelsea but couldn't get a tune with them, then Tuchel went in and won things with them?

That
(17-12-2022, 11:55 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty obvious to me that following the last few month’s performances / results that we should twist. Although I’m intrigued to see who wants the Cowley brothers to stay and why?

Stay. Its time the eisners took some responsibility. The fact they closed half a stand this season shows you just how much they wanted promotion. They knew they wouldn't need a full ground. Their main concern has always been to protect the fixed assets of this club for long term sale. It was obvious when you remember their first priority when taking over was to get the pompey trademark. Where are they now? You just don't hear grom them when we lose.

So what's happening with cowley will most likely likely to happen to all these miracle managers that people think are out there. You can only polish a turd so much. Not a cowley lover but I'm realistic. 

Anyway, bring on the abuse because thats what happens when you have alternative opinions on this site.
Please go now, didn't want you in the first place and never should have been given the job after failing to make the playoffs.

Get Richardson in now!!
If Richardson was available, we should snap him up. He can bring Jack back with him too  Big Grin
He was sacked by Wigan so is available, isn't he?
Cowley's 'audition' was to get us over the line an into the play-offs but he couldn't motivate the players to get us a result at home to Accrington. What has changed since then? From that decision to appoint them anyway to now, Tornante has shown consistently poor stewardship of the club. Eisner's remit that you don't achieve anything if you keep changing your manager simply isn't true. Milan Mandaric, in the crowd yesterday, sacked managers until he got it right. Eisner puts a comfy cushion under their a@se and tells them not to worry. The supposed nobility of keeping the faith doesn't hold water in sport. It's about results and the result of that Accrington game was evidence enough that this management team are not up to the job. You've had your 'three windows' Danny, time to let someone else retreive something from this nose-diving season.
Didn't want them in the first place. Had a good spell when appointed (4 wins in a row!!) and a good spell at start of this season but out of their depth.

Go now before the transfer window.

A long shot but might Chris Wilder want to step down to a lower league and rebuild his career or would he just be another KJ who was appointed at a very similar age to what Wilder is now?
Hopefully sounding out someone to replace Cowley before pulling the trigger. If we can’t get Richardson or similar who do we replace with especially with such a busy period coming up
Richardson is too maybe lee Boyer we won’t get wilder.
Sack a manager that's lost 4 league games. Yes it's been disappointing lately but for me... stay.
They need to be gone this week.
they have to go either now( and get Colin Wanker in as a caretaker) or at the end of the season. Enough is enough,we need an experienced manager with modern-ish ideas and more than one tactical plan or view, and no more feckin tippy tappy football from the back.
Pages: 1 2 3