TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Brick by Brick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So after 6 years in charge the so called “Brick by Brick” approach is definitely taking shape with regards to the ground and infrastructure. 
Sadly the building of a promotion winning squad looks further away that ever. The bricks don’t appear to have arrived yet and it’s uncertain if we have planning permission even if they do turn up.

Why aren’t you embarrassed too Mr Eisner. I thought Americans were supposed to be winners.
They "win" by getting the best return for as little outlay as possible. That's why he wants his "spontaneous" promotion with his eat what we kill policy.
How do you know how the Eisners feel?
After 6 years we now have a poorer team than the one that won promotion from div2.
They won't care as we are winning -----in the Papa Johns. It's silverware as far as the yanks are concerned.
Well let’s just say the complete lack of comment from ANY of the Eisners about our appalling performances and failing promotion push doesn’t exactly endear them to the fans does it.
Darragh MacAnthony anybody?
(18-12-2022, 12:43 PM)Dibdenblue Wrote: [ -> ]Well let’s just say the complete lack of comment from ANY of the Eisners about our appalling performances and failing promotion push doesn’t exactly endear them to the fans does it.
Darragh MacAnthony anybody?

What do you want them to say?  That DC has their full backing? That’s all any owner would say even if something was going on behind the scenes.
I'm going to stick my neck out here and give some credit: they acknowledged they lacked football nous in the board room, they have hired Richard Hughes.

Let's see if he earns his money.
Usually by this stage you'd bring in an experienced manager to sit upstairs for a while and then ask them to take over.
(18-12-2022, 04:26 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Usually by this stage you'd bring in an experienced manager to sit upstairs for a while and then ask them to take over.

I think Arry's available!
(18-12-2022, 09:47 AM)Dibdenblue Wrote: [ -> ]So after 6 years in charge the so called “Brick by Brick” approach is definitely taking shape with regards to the ground and infrastructure. 
Sadly the building of a promotion winning squad looks further away that ever. The bricks don’t appear to have arrived yet and it’s uncertain if we have planning permission even if they do turn up.

Why aren’t you embarrassed too Mr Eisner. I thought Americans were supposed to be winners.

The Eisners say they have had offers but insist they won't entertain them. The time has come to show them  they must sell. This is appalling and i would rather have gone bust and rebuilt. We are the lowest of all the major clubs who entered admin and no doubt been the longest recovering. We need a new stadium yet they waste money with health and safety improvements with a slight polish of the turd. They claim they love the history yet are happy to destroy our pride. The cowleys are useless but they were the cheap option and wont be banging on the chairman's door. Please if you love this club and are proud of it, we need new owners. Time to let the Eisners hear this.
(18-12-2022, 06:49 PM)fullymentaljackett Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-12-2022, 09:47 AM)Dibdenblue Wrote: [ -> ]So after 6 years in charge the so called “Brick by Brick” approach is definitely taking shape with regards to the ground and infrastructure. 

The Eisners say they have had offers but insist they won't entertain them. The time has come to show them  they must sell. This is appalling and i would rather have gone bust and rebuilt. We are the lowest of all the major clubs who entered admin and no doubt been the longest recovering. We need a new stadium yet they waste money with health and safety improvements with a slight polish of the turd. They claim they love the history yet are happy to destroy our pride. The cowleys are useless but they were the cheap option and wont be banging on the chairman's door. Please if you love this club and are proud of it, we need new owners. Time to let the Eisners hear this.

False news alert. Actually, in October Michael Eisner said that they have had NO offers for the club.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63432287
(18-12-2022, 12:33 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]They won't care as we are winning -----in the Papa Johns. It's silverware as far as the yanks are concerned.

Surprised EFL haven't called the bloody thing the Eisner Trophy.
Problem is the old man just doesn't get, does he? That's plain for everyone to see.
(18-12-2022, 11:35 PM)blueandwight Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-12-2022, 12:33 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]They won't care as we are winning -----in the Papa Johns. It's silverware as far as the yanks are concerned.

Surprised EFL haven't called the bloody thing the Eisner Trophy.
Problem is the old man just doesn't get, does he? That's plain for everyone to see.

Can you post a link to where ME talks about his feelings on the EFL Trophy?
Quote "The Eisners have no real affinity and for me and many others, the PFC I know and love is vanishing slowly before our eyes". That sums is up for me, some won't agree that's football. There is of course also the saying better the devil you know.
Tornante's Beige Blues hit the nail on the head for me
(19-12-2022, 12:01 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Quote "The Eisners have no real affinity and for me and many others, the PFC I know and love is vanishing slowly before our eyes". That sums is up for me, some won't agree that's football. There is of course also the saying better the devil you know.

How’s it vanishing? How many of our owners have had an affinity for the club?

Who or what do you think is the alternative? And please don’t say the PST.
That's the way I fell g. I know the Trust is not the answer. I don't do twitter, however it was suggested to me to read the abuse Eric Eisner has received on Saturdays match post. So I read it through, dozens of them urging to sell the club and or get rid of the Cowleys. He hasn't replied to the sensible questions asked which is a pity. If you are happy that's fine, there are many that aren't
I’m not saying you’re wrong if that’s how you feel but why do you feel like that?
Absentee owners who have no passion for the club, no understanding what the club means to the City and the surrounding area. Do they care like so many who were in Fp Saturday ? I don't think so. I have always felt they kept KJ here too long and they are making the same mistake with DC. One of my happiest Pompey memories was the Cheltenham 6.1 win when Cooks team clinched the title against the odds. The Eisners were there of course, that day seems a long way away now. We've not looked like getting out of Div1 since KJ obviously fell out with Naylor for both Oxford playoff games and Harrison headed that crazy own goal. I can't see it changing under the Eisners in all honesty.
Why do they have no passion for the club? I’m pretty sure they understand enough about the club and city, they certainly talk about it enough.

I agree with regards to the manager but there will be thousands there on Saturday who don’t want him sacked, no owner will ever win in that respect.

Who are these previous owners who have the same passion as fans?
I know what you are saying about previous owners (Deacon and Jim Gregory I remember clearly) but I stupidly thought the Eisners were going to be different. I'll give it 3 league games and we'll see how it is after the Charlton game. Our home records against both Ipswich and Charlton doesn't inspire confidence
What's closer to the problem IMO as they don't watch in person game in, game our like we do.

They manage the club as an investment and look at it's performance window by window.

We suffer the performances game by game.
(19-12-2022, 10:43 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]What's closer to the problem IMO as they don't watch in person game in, game our like we do.

They manage the club as an investment and look at it's performance window by window.

We suffer the performances game by game.

They (like I) watch every game on iFollow or ESPN+. That means they listen to Guy's comments and the boos from the stadium. If they haven't got the Pompey bug by now I'd be surprised. Every PFC fan is now suffering after such a bright start to the season, then the right-back saga and now the TV loses at Charlton and Wycombe and home loss to MK.
(18-12-2022, 06:49 PM)fullymentaljackett Wrote: [ -> ]

What an ‘intelligent’ post!

‘Rather have gone bust and rebuilt’. What sort of rebuild would you have expected???

Still, you managed to find three fools who agreed with you.

I’m absolutely astounded.
Pages: 1 2