TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Has Cowley been sacked yet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I haven't heard anything.
No I was expecting it despite it being the season of goodwill and all that
The season of good will should extend to supporters too...give us our Christmas cheer now!
Midtable manager, midtable results, midtable position. I dare say they are very happy with his performance
If we continue the way we are, we won't be midtable
(19-12-2022, 02:38 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't heard anything.

I'm amazed that there is absolutely no pressure on the eisners or the mk bloke. At least cowley turns up for games.
(19-12-2022, 03:48 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm amazed that there is absolutely no pressure on the eisners or the mk bloke. At least cowley turns up for games.

Is that really the best we can hope for from a manager?
(19-12-2022, 03:48 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]

Unfortunately.

The Eisners aren’t going to sell the club because of bad results.

I also don’t think they will make knee jerk decisions regarding DiCkhead. They’ll have meetings, talk to different people and look at possible replacements were they to sack him, which I very much hope they will.

There won’t be a 5pm sacking after a bad result.
Will they believe that this is the best he can do with this squad?

Will they look at the possible causes for what went wrong after our blistering start?

Will they take into account that we’ve just lost our first game, at Fratton, in nearly a year under Cowley?

Will he look at Cowleys win rate at Pompey, compared to say, Harry Redknapp?

Will he take note of the bleatings of a few entitled so called fans on this tiny forum?
Probably not, Cunning but Fratton Park made their feelings pretty clear.
If this is the best he can do with this squad then he deserves to go.
(20-12-2022, 08:37 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Will they believe that this is the best he can do with this squad?

Will they look at the possible causes for what went wrong after our blistering start?

Will they take into account that we’ve just lost our first game,  at Fratton, in nearly a year under Cowley?

Will he take note of the bleatings of a few entitled so called fans on this tiny forum?

Our home form is sheite Cunning, as anyone who attends regularly will confirm.

Cowley has had plenty of time to build and maintain an effective team at this level, he is clearly not up to the job.

The football is dire, you can see the players don’t believe in it and it most certainly is not entertaining.

On what planet was our start ‘blistering’ by the way? It was OK, but with this squad we should expect those results.

Well they might not take into account complaints on this forum but they will find it increasingly hard to ignore the many thousands streaming out of FP before the end of matches. If this carries on attendances will dip, THEN they will take notice.
(20-12-2022, 09:00 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ][quote="Cunninglinguist" pid="46051" dateline="1671525444"]
Will they believe that this is the best he can do with this squad?

Will they take into account that we’ve just lost our first game,  at Fratton, in nearly a year under Cowley?

Gaffer, we went 9 unbeaten at the beginning of the season, blistering in anybody's book
It's quite possible to go nine unbeaten and get relegated too.
(20-12-2022, 09:11 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-12-2022, 09:00 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-12-2022, 08:37 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Will they believe that this is the best he can do with this squad?

Gaffer, we went 9 unbeaten at the beginning of the season, blistering in anybody's book
Oh stop making sense!

Gaffer’s right, we should have expected it and, errr, we got it.

Then we had to play without lots of people in that original squad, many of whom are still missing.

i don’t give a flying fuck what the players do or don’t believe in. I don’t remember ever getting a choice in how I did my job, I just got on with it, to the best of my ability. Yes, our performances have been poor of late and I could tell you exactly who should be sold, as a result.
is Cowley perfect? Clearly not. Will he improve? In my book, he already has done, as was shown in the first nine games. The effort has gone. The much vaunted press, which was devastating to the opposition, has all but disappeared. What we lack’  in our earlier ability, we should be making up for with effort. Dales rant, at his fellow players, demonstrated exactly what was wrong. They should be ashamed of themselves.
it’s not the manager that needs changing!
If the manager chooses the players and then can't organise and motivate them, that's his fault. Also, I don't really care about unbeaten runs. It's how many games you win that matters, not how many games you don't lose.
(20-12-2022, 10:17 AM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]If the manager chooses the players and then can't organise and motivate them, that's his fault. Also, I don't really care about unbeaten runs. It's how many games you win that matters, not how many games you don't lose.

Points equals prizes
6 wins and three draws was champions form, hence we were top

It was good dsmg but not ‘blistering’.

Nine unbeaten in league 1, with the squad we’ve got, is not remarkable.

That is the standard we should be expecting, not describing as ‘blistering’ ffs.
Cunning, the tactics are all wrong and anyone who knows anything about the great game of football can see that a mile off.

The job of the manager is to be pick the right players, decide on the right tactics and motivate the team to win matches.

Cowley is failing on all those fronts imo.

Players need to believe in the game they are being asked to play in order to produce the goods. I’m sure the players are doing what has been asked of them but you can tell that they are uncomfortable playing in Cowley’s crap systems, which all seem to be dreamed up on an iPad using questionable stats. 

Football is played on a pitch, not an iPad.

Cowley has had long enough and for the sake of this great club needs to be replaced while there is still a season to save.

I don’t want to to do well in the piss pot trophy, I want to get out of this god awful division (hopefully going up not down).

Open your eyes ffs.

Cowleys football philosophy is all about being unbeaten but it means fuck all if you aren’t winning!

You can go unbeaten and all season and not be promoted.
(20-12-2022, 09:34 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

Oh stop making sense!

Gaffer’s right, we should have expected it and, errr, we got it.

Then we had to play without lots of people in that original squad, many of whom are still missing.

i don’t give a flying fuck what the players do or don’t believe in. I don’t remember ever getting a choice in how I did my job, I just got on with it, to the best of my ability. Yes, our performances have been poor of late and I could tell you exactly who should be sold, as a result.
is Cowley perfect? Clearly not. Will he improve? In my book, he already has done, as was shown in the first nine games. The effort has gone. The much vaunted press, which was devastating to the opposition, has all but disappeared. What we lack’  in our earlier ability, we should be making up for with effort. Dales rant, at his fellow players, demonstrated exactly what was wrong. They should be ashamed of themselves.
it’s not the manager that needs changing!

Who signed these players?
Bring back Pitman ffs
On another subject who do the fans want as a replacement? and who is likely to want to come to Fratton Park? We haven't the dosh to get a top manager so we should focus on those on 'Gardening leave' If we don't win the next two games then
the obvious candidate is Liam Richardson, but does he want the grief? Tim Sherwood, would I think be a good shout; others that are available Warburton, Wilder, Dyche, & Bowyer. Thoughts??
(20-12-2022, 01:31 PM)mike hunt Wrote: [ -> ]On another subject who do the fans want as a replacement? and who is likely to want to come to Fratton Park? We haven't the dosh to get a top manager so we should focus on those on 'Gardening leave'  If we don't win the next two games then
the obvious candidate is Liam Richardson, but does he want the grief?  Tim Sherwood, would I think be a good shout; others that are available Warburton, Wilder, Dyche, & Bowyer.  Thoughts??

Thoughts?

They’ve all been sacked, haven’t they?
Pages: 1 2