TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Oxford predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We cant lose 3 on the trot can we? We'll find out if there is an issue with Jack, as we are absolutely desperate to get him back in the central partnership.

Hopefully we play Jack and Rasmus. Not gonna hold my breath though.

Score prediction: 1-1
2-0 Oxford . In Kenny we trust ?
Pompey to win 1-0 so we all think everything's back on track and then we lose 0-2 at home to Gills on Saturday.
Realistically, lose 2-0.
If he plays the same 11 as Saturday then Oxford to win 4-0.

I would put Curtis up front alongside Marquis. My team if all were fit.

MacGillvray
Johnson Whatmough Nicolaisen Daniels
Naylor
Hiwula Byers Jacobs
Marquis Curtis

I would not have Williams Cannon and Harness anywhere near the squad and would put the youngsters on the bench.
Marquis only makes the team due to Alfie Stanley being to young.
Pompey thumping win 7-1
Although I'll be a bit disappointed we dont keep a clean sheet
Forever pompey got it right. beat Oxford at a canter then blow it against Gills.
That seems to reflect many years of watching our oh so consistent club.
Hiwula pleeeeease!!!!! Need something different and energetic.
Depends what team & formation. Hiwula up front with Marquis as part of a 4-4-2.

Jack back in defence with Ras or Bolton.

Right formation 2-1 wrong one playing 4-2-3-1 lose 2-0.

Your decision Kenny!
If he doesn't give Hiwula at least half an hour today there will be a mutiny
Starting XI: MacGillivray, Johnson, Nicolaisen, Raggett, Brown, Naylor, Cannon, White, Harness, Harrison, Curtis.

Bench: Ward, Daniels, Whatmough, Byers, Williams, Marquis, Hiwula

I'd like to revise my prediction to a 3-0 loss. Something very fishy is going on with Whatmough. Must have royally fųcked off Kenny somehow.
well that's the 1-0 win... now we can expect the 0-2 loss on sat v gills!!

Deebo

Survived the last 5 mins thanks to McG. Got away with that in the end. Poor game management at the end. Still good win though.
Maybe Jack has had a relapse
Take the win and run for the hills! Very good result that.
Very good performances from Ras and (surprisingly) White.

Keep Marquis out of the side!
(24-02-2021, 07:17 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Very good performances from Ras and (surprisingly) White.

Keep Marquis out of the side!

Agreed, good to see a centre half carry the ball out of defence rather than hoofing it into the stands - maybe there is more to Ras if given a chance, and liked White given he was playing out of position.  Whether such an inexperienced player will be able to cope with the battle for the play offs remains to be seen but was impressed with last nights performance.
What a difference a day makes.
Did you spot that too Isaac?
(24-02-2021, 11:13 AM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Did you spot that too Isaac?

On the whole another low key performance against a team who offered precious little. Took a moment of brilliance from White to win the game.. something none of our strikers seem capable of. Changes nothing as far as the season being totally underwhelming however, and still leaves us dreaming of heady days in the near future without Jackett and Gallen. That remains the same whatever the outcome of this season.
(24-02-2021, 11:13 AM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Did you spot that too Isaac?

Big Grin