TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: safe standing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sounds like almost all of the new Milton End and probably the top third of the Fratton End.
I saw that split at Shrewsbury in their home end and it looked very good when the teams came out.
I think when all the work is down on all the stands, I’d imagine the away fans will be in the Milton end of the lower south stand. It would be great to have the Milton and Fratton ends full with Pompey fans.
(22-12-2022, 08:46 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I think when all the work is down on all the stands, I’d imagine the away fans will be in the Milton end of the lower south stand. It would be great to have the Milton and Fratton ends full with Pompey fans.

Not much chance of that happening. The main reason for the milton end work is to create better home/away fan ratios. Can't put away fans in the South stand without effectively having to give half the capacity of a bigger stand than the Milton End to away fans. Not unless you can magic up some space to fit an extra set of toilet blocks. Plus, why would the club shìt on the 1500 or so Pompey season ticket holders who've chosen to sit in that part of the ground by making them move to the Milton end?
Assuming we are aiming for the Champ, then the bigger clubs will probably be given the whole Milton End most games.
'Aiming for the Champ....'
lol- if only.
(22-12-2022, 10:25 PM)BabaOReally Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-12-2022, 08:46 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I think when all the work is down on all the stands, I’d imagine the away fans will be in the Milton end of the lower south stand. It would be great to have the Milton and Fratton ends full with Pompey fans.

Not much chance of that happening. The main reason for the milton end work is to create better home/away fan ratios. Can't put away fans in the South stand without effectively having to give half the capacity of a bigger stand than the Milton End to away fans. Not unless you can magic up some space to fit an extra set of toilet blokes. Plus, why would the club shìt on the 1500 or so Pompey season ticket holders who've chosen to sit in that part of the ground by making them move to the Milton end?

It’s happened at a lot of grounds. Home fans have the area behind both goals. I think the new end will have more and better toilets and refreshment areas. I’ve set in both that corner of the south stand and the Milton end ( especially in the prem years). I think FP would benefit with both goal ends being full of Pompey supporters giving it large.
(22-12-2022, 07:09 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like almost all of the new Milton End and probably the top third of the Fratton End.
I saw that split at Shrewsbury in their home end and it looked very good when the teams came out.

Rumour has it that every self standing seat will also include a complimentary booklet detailing how safe standing is just like the old times innit, as well as biodegradable fire-retardant safe ticker tape and a revised list of 1980s football chants that have been checked in advance for potential offence. It'll be just like the old times....

Also, if Cullen shared as much enthusiasm about providing kiosks that serve alcohol with perhaps more pressing topics like err... investing in our squad we'd be top of the league. The man seems to be obsessed with the aim of serving alcohol in every conceivable crevice of Fratton Park.

Happy Christmas to everyone obvs.

Not much chance of that happening. The main reason for the milton end work is to create better home/away fan ratios. Can't put away fans in the South stand without effectively having to give half the capacity of a bigger stand than the Milton End to away fans. Not unless you can magic up some space to fit an extra set of toilet blokes. Plus, why would the club shìt on the 1500 or so Pompey season ticket holders who've chosen to sit in that part of the ground by making them move to the Milton end?

With Westwood and his mates I think we've already got enough 'toilet blokes'
(23-12-2022, 02:51 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]

With Westwood and his mates I think we've already got enough 'toilet blokes'

Well spotted. Edit button engaged.  Unless I was referring to getting some of those mushers you get in nightclub bogs selling a squirt of cheap aftershave in the South stand?
re alcohol sales
Cullen's main job is to maximise income for lots of reasons.
I',m not sure why it so high on some fans agenda but if it is, the club might as well have the money as the local pubs. Why they do the early bird deal I guess?
No reason we can't move the away fans to the Milton end corner of the North Stand. Any STH can be given first refusal on where they want to relocate to, we can even through in a free beer or two, or discounted cup games for that season to sweeten the deal.

Plenty of other clubs have succesfully relocated the away fans so as to have home fans behind both goals in recent years Leeds, Villa, Middlesbrough, Derby to name a few. Both ends should be for home fans and having 3000 or so all standing in the Milton End might be the shot in the arm the atmosphere needs.
IPSWICH HAVE FOR AGES.
OKAY THANK YOU
WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?
COS WE’RE ANGRY, I think