TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Blame the players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://soundcloud.com/user-235218778/s2...al_sharing

When every player performs to the best of their fucking ability, start blaming the manager.

That’s not exactly what Three Lads In A Pub say but it’s my take on it!
I do blame them.

I also blame a management team who don't understand you can't play the same way across an entire season. Teams figure you out and you have to have a 'phase 2' way of addressing that. We don't and now the players have downed tools. In December FFS.

I also blame the management team for not investing enough in the defence and for not buying a keeper. I blame whoever let whatmough saunter off on a free.
(23-12-2022, 06:16 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]I do blame them.

I also blame a management team who don't understand you can't play the same way across an entire season. Teams figure you out and you have to have a 'phase 2' way of addressing that. We don't and now the players have downed tools. In December FFS.

I also blame the management team for not investing enough in the defence and for not buying a keeper. I blame whoever let whatmough saunter off on a free.

You can't stop anyone from sauntering off on a free when their contract ends - all you  can do is make them a decent offer and hope for some loyalty from a player who had been picking up wages for nothing for the majority of his last contract.  We matched Wigan's wages, but the length of the guaranteed contract was the problem, what we offered as an optional extension they offered for certain.  That and the fact that he had decided a new challenge was a good idea with a new family etc. 

Can you imagine the stick the club would have got if we had offered him a three year contract and he had had to retire from injury a month later ? 

I was furious when he left too ... but furious with Whatmough for choosing to go, not with the club who had made it quite clear how highly rated he was and how wanted he was.
(23-12-2022, 06:38 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

You can't stop anyone from sauntering off on a free when their contract ends - all you  can do is make them a decent offer and hope for some loyalty from a player who had been picking up wages for nothing for the majority of his last contract.  We matched Wigan's wages, but the length of the guaranteed contract was the problem, what we offered as an optional extension they offered for certain.  That and the fact that he had decided a new challenge was a good idea with a new family etc. 

Can you imagine the stick the club would have got if we had offered him a three year contract and he had had to retire from injury a month later ? 

I was furious when he left too ... but furious with Whatmough for choosing to go, not with the club who had made it quite clear how highly rated he was and how wanted he was.

totally agree

We have played more than one system this season. We played a different system on Saturday!
Unfortunately, we’ve been forced to play a different system due to injuries.

The keeper isn’t the problem, even if he isn’t ours.

The defense was well covered but now looks fragile. Robertson is becoming a liability and even Ogilvie isn’t performing how he was. Three injured right backs isn’t going to help!
(23-12-2022, 06:38 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

So highly rated they offered him a contract that suggested otherwise.  It’s classic DC, we really want him but I didn’t sign him so he has to go.
(23-12-2022, 06:01 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]https://soundcloud.com/user-235218778/s2...al_sharing

When every player performs to the best of their fucking ability, start blaming the manager.

That’s not exactly what Three Lads In A Pub say but it’s my take on it!

The manager signs them and manages them.

“Hey Josh, any chance you could stop cutting in and stay on the wing?”

“No gaffer I’ll keep cutting in”

“OK, you’re starting Saturday”
Most managers in this league would be delighted to take over our squad of players, our current form is down to mind numbingly boring, risk averse tactics. 

It’s down to the manager.

Merry Christmas.
Risk averse Rolleyes that's not working then.

I don't understand why it is teams suss us out and beat us.
WTF can't we suss them out and beat them.

What's so special about us
Perhaps their managers have got better software.
That's it KINGO....blame the software  Big Grin
Would not be the first manager or group of players to become intimidated by playing at Fratton. And thus, more worried about losing than winning.
Jim Smith, Alan Ball, Harry, Frank , Bobby C
All attacked, let the other side do the worrying.
We have certainly played different systems this season.. but the MK Dons one was a new one I think... the total disarray system, last used by... Richie Barker? Anyway... when you hit bottom the only way is up.. here's hoping that was the bottom. I fully expect us to draw at Exeter and beat Ipswich Smile Merry Crimbo. PUP.
Big Grin i love optimism