TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Ethan Erhahon bid accepted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We along with Forest Green Rovers have supposedly each had a £350k bid accepted for 21 year old defensive midfielder Ethan Erhahon.

https://the72.co.uk/2022/12/27/club-acce...-interest/
Seems strange to go for a midfielder when we have Lowery and Thompson coming back to add to Pack, Mingi, Morrell, Tunnicliffe et al. Our obvious problem is scoring so hopefully a striker or two will be added.
might see mingi go out on loan and tunni for good, even Curtis could be on his way
Which leaves us with a good but fragile midfield squad
This will just be agent talk. That site is famous for it. 

I cannot believe we would spend £350,000 on a midfield player when we have publicly stated that defenders and forwards are our priority.
He’s 21 and will be one for the future, the story came from the Scottish Sun, not the 72.
I hope he’s a meat eater and rules out FGR.
He’s out of contract in the summer which makes this price quite high, for someone who is only interesting FGR.
'One for the future' is good, but someone for the present would be great. Anything for the present in fact - we haven't had a proper win (a league win) for 10 weeks. That's a lot of pissed-off weeks - if I was one to kick the cat, he'd be livid by now.
We've won one league match in the last 15 weeks. Bout time we started winning again.
I think we’ll stay up. Another ten draws should do it.
No problem there. Exeter weren't the first we thrashed 0-0
(27-12-2022, 03:58 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]We along with Forest Green Rovers have supposedly each had a £350k bid accepted for 21 year old defensive midfielder Ethan Erhahon.

No thank you. Practically impossible to a chant if he turned out to be good. Even the "ner ner" one wouldn't work.
(28-12-2022, 05:55 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-12-2022, 03:58 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]We along with Forest Green Rovers have supposedly each had a £350k bid accepted for 21 year old defensive midfielder Ethan Erhahon.

No thank you. Practically impossible to a chant if he turned out to be good. Even the "ner ner" one wouldn't work.

Chuckle
no chance with this Scottish lad.......just paper talk.
https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb...on-3968174

But Marquis spotted in jimmy`s Raj Dulal oredering a mega curry so we still live in hope that the 20 goal a season man is on his way back to his spiritual home, just in time for the push for the playoffs.
Marquis/Scarlett....dream ticket?
Jack Marriott - Peterboro looks to be up for sale. Decent scoring record thoughts anyone?
Name rings a bell and his history looks good.

Why is he up for sale; what’s gone wrong?
(28-12-2022, 08:42 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Jack Marriott - Peterboro looks to be up for sale. Decent scoring record thoughts anyone?

Last time they sold him he went for a rumoured 5 million. 

He won't get that now but I'd guess he would still be over a million. He's a decent striker but his record hints at being a handful off the pitch.
We’ll get a 20 yr old. DC doesn’t deal with adults very well
Bit of a coont, jack marriott? Dont think he would fit in with the group.
(29-12-2022, 01:50 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Bit of a coont, jack marriott? Dont think he would fit in with the group.

Indeed, scores goals rather than defending.
The chap with the unpronounceable name in the OG post has agreed terms with FGR. I doubt we were ever in for him but IMO out of the two clubs, he would be well advised to pick them. He will play every week and when they go down he will have been in the shop window
If somebody chooses FGR over us then something is very wrong
(29-12-2022, 03:21 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]If somebody chooses FGR over us then something is very wrong

The only thing that is very wrong is anyone ever believing this story in the first place. 

We were never in for him, it was just lazy journalism knowing we had been linked with him in the summer, or St Mirren using that past interest to boost the price with FGR.
Richard Hughes may be the common denominator here. Perhaps he'd scouted him when at FGR and they retained an interest whereas we didn't.
Dispute that it is lazy journalism and more the local rag supporting their club by helping drive the price up. I wonder how often The News have done that when the club wants to shift a player on?
Pages: 1 2