TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Full time report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not a bad game to watch.

We didn’t get the rub of the green and Exeter had their keeper down as MOM and rightly so.

As in the second half, our strikers were largely ineffectual. I would let Pigott anywhere near the squad on this showing, let alone the previous games I’ve seen recently. He really isn’t up to it and we played with what was effectively 10 men until he was replaced with Jacobs. It isn’t that Jacobs is always particularly good and was particularly brilliant but at least he is always competent and can pose a real threat. He also does always provide a link between other players even when he isn’t on his game.

We had the ball in the back of the net. Should it have stood? No.

Regardless of whether Morrison brought the defender down, or not, a second before that Raggett was hauled over by their number eight who was swinging him around the 18 yard box by his arm. I would imagine that it shows up in the highlights so take a look and see if you agree. A clear penalty, for me.

I agreed with the substitutions apart from Morrell for Tunnicliffe. I thought Tunnicliffe was one of the better players on the pitch. Maybe started to tire.

Nice to see Robertson have a good game, at last.

Swanson was a revelation when he came on. Dale had tried his hardest but he just is not a defender. Good to see Zak back and we’ll need him for Ipswich.

Are we on the road back? There were signs but we’re not there yet. Not by a long way.
Has Piggot shagged your Mrs?
He tried to but he missed.
(27-12-2022, 05:48 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]He tried to but he missed.

I heard he got lucky like last his last goal.

Scarlett wanted to but just ran around doing nothing.
He’s fast though, that Scarlett.

Did your missus and two others before he got to mine.

Saved me a job.
(27-12-2022, 08:15 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]He’s fast though, that Scarlett.

Did your missus and two others before he got to mine.

Saved me a job.

He doesn’t do anything so I doubt he did.
So she didn’t tell you?
Dane didn’t do anything, just ran around
Let's hope Scarlett is fit again now Cunning, and that will be our problems solved if we don't have to let that nasty Pigott on the pitch again.
I hope Scarlett’s return is effective but I don’t think the problem has been totally the front line. We have been bereft of a truly effective midfield for a long time. They looked better today albeit against a side that has also been struggling for points.
We also looked very vulnerable at right back but that’s hardly surprising given our injuries in that position too.

I’m hoping for better next season. Get our own strikers to add to Bishop and get the injury situation sorted. Sell a few luxuries and build on what we have left.
It’s actually a disgrace that we have rt back( Freeman) but DC refuses to play him.
(28-12-2022, 08:55 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]It’s actually a disgrace that we have rt back( Freeman)  but DC refuses to play him.

Freeman has been injured along with the other two right backs, otherwise he would have been playing recently. So no disgrace there, unless you think it's a disgrace that Rafferty and Swanson get picked ahead of him when they are all fit.  I don't. 

It was made quite clear to Freeman that the was surplus to requirements in the summer but he failed to agree terms with any of the several clubs that were interested, happy to pick up a bigger wage for not playing. That is closer to a disgrace in my book. Hopefully he will go in January and free up some wages.
There's been no report of Freemans injury for a few weeks or so, he was available for the papa johns game.
All three right backs being injured has been a recurring story in the past few weeks.  Freeman got injured in the  Ipswich game and has been unavailable in all 6 games since, which included the Stevenage Papa Johns game which he would have been in the squad for like he has been for every other Papa Johns game this season.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb...on-3941379
(27-12-2022, 04:24 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Not a bad game to watch.

We didn’t get the rub of the green and Exeter had their keeper down as MOM and rightly so.

As in the second half, our strikers were largely ineffectual. I would let Pigott anywhere near the squad on this showing, let alone the previous games I’ve seen recently. He really isn’t up to it and we played with what was effectively 10 men until he was replaced with Jacobs. It isn’t that Jacobs is always particularly good and was particularly brilliant but at least he is always competent and can pose a real threat. He also does always provide a link between other players even when he isn’t on his game.

We had the ball in the back of the net. Should it have stood? No.

Regardless of whether Morrison brought the defender down, or not, a second before that Raggett was hauled over by their number eight who was swinging him around the 18 yard box by his arm. I would imagine that it shows up in the highlights so take a look and see if you agree. A clear penalty, for me.

I agreed with the substitutions apart from Morrell for Tunnicliffe. I thought Tunnicliffe was one of the better players on the pitch. Maybe started to tire.

Nice to see Robertson have a good game, at last.

Swanson was a revelation when he came on. Dale had tried his hardest but he just is not a defender. Good to see Zak back and we’ll need him for Ipswich.

Are we on the road back? There were signs but we’re not there yet. Not by a long way.

Shows how much I know but I thought we were awful. I think had Exeter shown a bit of ambition and grabbed a goal if would've been game over. Our midfield just doesn't create anything and Pack is a shadow of the player that started the season. Please stop with the long throws - I don't think we've actually won a single ball from it let alone created a meaningful attempt on goal. Our crosses are woeful and it seems in order to shoot the ball has to be completely stationery.

I've been a strong supporter of Cowley on here but I must admit to be hanging on a bit. The sight of the Cowleys squinnying big style on the touchline made them look a bit desperate I think. It just annoys me that players can down tools (like Accrington home, Oxford play offs and Salford) and can get managers the sack so easy nowadays. You just know that a new manager comes in on a Friday that the exact same squad would put in a blinder.

PS: Tunnicliffe will always be krap no matter how much he continues with the Jack Grealish look...
We certainly weren’t awful but I wouldn’t strongly disagree with rest of your thoughts.

Pack hasn’t performed to his early season standards.
Yeah, he was boss early season. Certainly suited more to when we were pressing and moving the ball quickly. He’s not influencing the game like he did.