TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Chaplin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Christ, were we stupid to let him go. Always scores against us and more or less runs the match. Him and Smith would probably be a formidable little and large act.
We did not want him to go, but his agent got in his ear.
His agent was right though. Better to play for another team rafher than jackettball.
Paul Cook couldn't quite work out where he fitted in. ('Is he a number 9 or 10? I don't know...')
Kenny Jackett couldn't quite work out where he fitted in. 
Keiran McKenna fits him in because he's a good player as we all knew.
Just another in a long line of players we've allowed to leave for not a lot who are better than their replacements.
(30-12-2022, 08:45 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Paul Cook couldn't quite work out where he fitted in. ('Is he a number 9 or 10? I don't know...')

Kieran McKenna fits him in because he’s a good manager. I dread to think where DC would play Chaplin.
(30-12-2022, 08:45 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Paul Cook couldn't quite work out where he fitted in. ('Is he a number 9 or 10? I don't know...')

Cook re-signed him, can't make a stronger endorsement than that
(30-12-2022, 09:18 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-12-2022, 08:45 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Paul Cook couldn't quite work out where he fitted in. ('Is he a number 9 or 10? I don't know...')

Kieran McKenna fits him in because he’s a good manager. I dread to think where DC would play Chaplin.

Right back....
(30-12-2022, 09:45 AM)kindofblue Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-12-2022, 09:18 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]

Right back....

Nah hes more likely to take him on loan for 1 season and play him in goal.
(30-12-2022, 09:41 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]

Cook re-signed him, can't make a stronger endorsement than that

Yes, and he was still in and out of the side because Cook's a ditherer.
If you freeze frame when Morsy hits his shot Chaplin was offside.  We wuz robbed again. 

With VAR we would have had 4 more points this week.
We may have been robbed but we didn't deserve to win.
(30-12-2022, 11:34 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]We may have been robbed but we didn't deserve to win.

Maybe not, but neither did they ... they had a lot of possession but didn't create much with it.

I know people don't like us having to defend at home but had we held out it would IMO have been a deserved win against a better side because it would have been a great defensive performance.  

Both goals were poor ones to concede though. Swanson lost his man criminally for the first (but played very well otherwise) and no-one closed Morsy down for his shot, and no-one anticipated a rebound .. a collective defensive failure yet Griffiths seems to be the only one getting the blame for failing to hold what was a reasonably well hit shot. Yes, he should have held it but his mistake was not as bad as the rest of the defence for that goal IMO.
How can you say they didn't deserve to win? We definitely didn't and a draw wasn't that fair to Ipswich either.
Were you actually at the match??
We were out played,out fought,they had more shots than we had. All we did was hang on.
I know you have the bluest of glasses of all the posters on this board but failing to admit that Ipswich didn't deserve to win shows you in a very poor light.
I thought Chaplin was excellent again. From the moment we went 2-1 up it felt to me that our game plan changed to hanging on. Equaliser seemed inevitable although I imagine Griffiths will be disappointed by it.
I explained why I thought Ipswich did not deserve to win.  As the better team they should have done more with the possession they had in the second half.  I think they created only one other clear chance apart from the offside goal they scored in the second half.  If you cannot break down a defence you do not deserve to win. 

Like we didn't deserve to win those home draws against the likes of Fleetwood & Shrewsbury when we were the better team - you have to convert dominance into goals to deserve to win.  We didn't in those games and Ipswich didnt last night. 

It's also possible their first goal was offside too, it's not clear from the highlights. If so. then they definitely didnt deserve to win, however good they looked.
(30-12-2022, 12:22 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I explained why I thought Ipswich did not deserve to win.  As the better team they should have done more with the possession they had in the second half.  I think they created only one other clear chance apart from the offside goal they scored in the second half.  If you cannot break down a defence you do not deserve to win. 

Like we didn't deserve to win those home draws against the likes of Fleetwood & Shrewsbury when we were the better team - you have to convert dominance into goals to deserve to win.  We didn't in those games and Ipswich didnt last night. 

It's also possible their first goal was offside too, it's not clear from the highlights. If so. then they definitely didnt deserve to win, however good they looked.

I agree with that.Even Ipswich fans are moaning that there was too much passing and not enough chances created. But I will disagree regarding Griffiths, for a big man he does not control his area, far to quiet never hear him shouting at his defence. No urgency in him which was evident in the last minute. Fed up with being told he is an England U21 actually he has never played only been in the squad. To me he looks like he is just going through the motions. I would give him a rest and play the other lad.
Again Deep,were you at the match????
Yes, of course I went. It was a home match. 

And I thoroughly enjoyed a good entertaining game of football, and left disappointed that that we dropped two points from a winning position against a team that should be far better than us.
Second goal deffo offside (I said that last night). Where is VAR when you need it??? First goal looked dodgy too.
Yes, they both looked off.
(30-12-2022, 02:48 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Second goal deffo offside (I said that last night). Where is VAR when you need it??? First goal looked dodgy too.

Do you really want VAR?
A screen for match ref to use and an instruction for all the other officials to give him a buzz when they think he should take a second look. But not some remote panel looking for a little toe offside thankyou.
I think we needed VAR to correct all the Refs errors.
Did I hear correctly ,that he is Fitzroy Simpsons cousin ? not that that has anything to do with anything
(31-12-2022, 11:40 AM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]I think we needed VAR to correct all the Refs errors.
Did I hear correctly ,that he is Fitzroy Simpsons cousin ? not that that has anything to do with anything

I'd hate it
imagine every time you score a goal not being able to celebrate until some remote committee have decided to let it stand

I am in favour of using video to help but in a much more simple in ground way as they do it in the NFL, keeps the suthority with the mathc referee too.
Once you get VAR there is no point in celebrating goals and VAR still makes errors anyway.
Pages: 1 2