TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: A bit Better but
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Completely outclassed all over the pitch.
Parking the bus at home and
Miles away from being a decent competitive team in this league.
I thought getting booed at the end was a bit harsh with the effort shown. Definitely time to pull the pin on the Cowleys.
Stuck in this league for years I’m afraid.
We were in the last third, staring at them coming forward in the last half hour. Frustrating.
We invited them to score after we took the lead, not enough effort 2nd half. Freekick and a goal completely against the run of play. No build up play.

It was inevitable and I don’t think anyone in the crowd expected a 2-1 finish.

Too scared to lose.
I thought Morrell had a decent game and as soon as he went off the inevitable happened.
The only bit(s) that was better were the two goals. Other than the first 10 mins we were dog shit.
It just seems like we were a bit better because we drew against a game we thought we’d lose . But we’re still a kick and hope team with no identity
Ipswich were robbed,they are head and shoulders above us in every department.
(29-12-2022, 11:05 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Ipswich were robbed,they are head and shoulders above us in every department.

Ipswich we’re definitely better than us but I wouldn’t say they were robbed. Griffiths had one shot to save in the second half and gifted it to Chaplin there first goal he was rooted to his line. The defence tonight were magnificent but he let us down. In my honest opinion one of the worst keepers we have had in years. The last minute summed him up no urgency he is a stroller. If Cowley wants to keep his job he needs to drop him.
They out played,out fought and harassed us for almost the whole game. There was no way we were holding on to that lead,in fact I'd bet if we played any longer they would've got a 3rd.It wasn't just Griffiths fault, the whole team can barely tackle,retain and pass a ball.
(29-12-2022, 11:23 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]They out played,out fought and harassed us for almost the whole game. There was no way we were holding on to that lead,in fact I'd bet if we played any longer they would've got a 3rd.It wasn't just Griffiths fault, the whole team can barely tackle,retain and pass a ball.

100% agree with what you say but my point was how many chances did they create. And when they did get a chance our keeper gifted them both goals. The man is a liability.
They had 14 shots, 5 on target
(29-12-2022, 11:19 PM)Bluebob Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-12-2022, 11:05 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Ipswich were robbed,they are head and shoulders above us in every department.

Ipswich we’re definitely better than us but I wouldn’t say they were robbed. Griffiths had one shot to save in the second half and gifted it to Chaplin there first goal he was rooted to his line. The defence tonight were magnificent but he let us down. In my honest opinion one of the worst keepers we have had in years. The last minute summed him up no urgency he is a stroller. If Cowley wants to keep his job he needs to drop him.

rooted to his line, precisely.
The difference between him and an experienced keeper that made the difference to the Cook promotion team, dominating his area and making saves especially as the season went on and he got full match fitness. Griffiths shares the common faults of many modern keepers, pushes it back into the area rather than around the corner and will not come off his line.
You can say Ipswich dominated us and were clearly the better team but all that doesn't matter if you concede goals like we do. Ipswich didn't beat us with brilliant goals that would have beaten any team. A player unmarked in the six-yard box for an easy tap-in. AGAIN. Why does this keep happening? It is why we can't win games and we will never win as long as we keep gifting the opposition presents like that.
We simply have to get rid of Cowley. That was embarrassing playing at home to 2nd in the table. Barely saw the ball in the 2nd half and couldn't keep it more than 2 passes.

They won't get shot of him though. Eisner wouldn't know a decent manager if it was staring him in the face and Cullen is just a yes man. And I agree on Griffiths. Why the fuck we're developing a keeper for West Brom when we have a promising and capable young keeper on the bench is a mystery to me.
It happens because the players are mid table third division plodders.

I couldn't see Pep doing any better. Morrison in particular needs to go to the glue factory.

This squad was supposed to be the beginning of a cycle but how can it possibly be if it is always rebuilding, year after year, due to being propped up by loans?

If I was Cowley I would resign in disgust. He won't of course, because a club with our history flatters him, but I can't honestly accept that we would be playing Dane Scarlett up front and Josh Griffith's in goal if there was money available to sign solid performers at this level on 2-3 year contracts all over the team.

That's where the problems lies IMO.
If Josh Griffiths and Dane Scarlett were our players, DC would've sent them out on loan to gain experience.
We were talking last night about keepers. Is it time we gave our backup keeper some game time? He seems promising and he’s ours isn’t he rather than on loan?
(30-12-2022, 10:20 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]It happens because the players are mid table third division plodders.

I couldn't see Pep doing any better. Morrison in particular needs to go to the glue factory.

This squad was supposed to be the beginning of a cycle but how can it possibly be if it is always rebuilding, year after year, due to being propped up by loans?

If I was Cowley I would resign in disgust. He won't of course, because a club with our history flatters him, but I can't honestly accept that we would be playing Dane Scarlett up front and Josh Griffith's in goal if there was money available to sign solid performers at this level on 2-3 year contracts all over the team.

That's where the problems lies IMO.

Why would he resign in disgust? This is all his doing, he should resign out of embarrassment and realize he is out of his depth.
IMO if he was a serious football manager that was interested in building dysasties then he would resign a position where the best the sporting budget is prepared to stretch for is loaning and blooding other club's kids. If you accept that sort of post, you have to also accept that you're not a manager, you're a coach.

I am as pissed off with the sitting back and inviting pressure on as the next person but let's be fair here, would he play like that if he had Ipswich's budget? How could we know?

I think it is a shit marriage all around and one that needs to end.
(30-12-2022, 12:53 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]IMO if he was a serious football manager that was interested in building dysasties then he would resign a position where the best the sporting budget is prepared to stretch for is loaning and blooding other club's kids. If you accept that sort of post, you have to also accept that you're not a manager, you're a coach.

I am as pissed off with the sitting back and inviting pressure on as the next person but let's be fair here, would he play like that if he had Ipswich's budget? How could we know?

I think it is a shit marriage all around and one that needs to end.

I genuinely believe he would play like that and he has players that are capable of more than he is getting out of them.
Who, say in midfield, do you think could be playing better under someone else?
(30-12-2022, 01:42 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Who, say in midfield, do you think could be playing better under someone else?

All of them, we play with our back to goal the whole time, too afraid to the lose the ball.

It’s our style of play and tactics, it’s all geared to not losing.
we worry far too much about the opposition. Given that they usually score with their first chance, whoever they are, all the research does not seem to be improving our chances either.
The whole team, no sorry, it isn't a team. Each individual player seems to just want to poke the ball in the general direction of a blue shirt, probably running back towards them. That seems to be job done. The receiving player has nothing to do but play it backwards. job done. There's no cohesive framework or shape or development to the play. It's just poking the ball in the general direction of someone in the same coloured shirt and no more.
That wasn't the number one instruction in your P.E. lessons, then?
Pages: 1 2