TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Robert Prosinecki
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A great quote on MSN today: 

Robert Prosinecki

"Prosinecki played for the big three during his career: Real Madrid, Barcelona and Portsmouth. A technically gifted attacking midfielder, the Croatian wasn't shy in admitting that he had a weakness for tobacco and tracking back.
"He'd smoke before the game, at half-time in the showers and after the game as well. Red Marlboros, too. The real heavy stuff," Peter Crouch, a team-mate at Pompey, revealed in 2017."   Big Grin
He’s the best player I’ve ever seen and that includes the likes of George Best.

When asked what his hobbies were, he said ‘smoking and drinking coffee’.

Absolute legend and it was a privilege to see him in a Pompey shirt, albeit not for long enough.
My heart skipped a beat when I saw this thread and I thought we had lost him.

What a privilege it was to watch him in blue and white.

Him and Merson stand head and shoulders above virtually all others for me.
would have been great to see Harry manage him
Am I right in saying Prosinecki was Mandaric’s present to the Pompey fans? Just wondered how we paid him, presumably his wages were suplemented by MM plus free fags etc…
I remember the 4.4 draw here with Barnsley (Buxton was sent off when we were 4.2 up). Robert scored a hat trick, he looked devastated at the end and I don't blame him
(01-01-2023, 09:13 AM)Slagger Wrote: [ -> ]Am I right in saying Prosinecki was Mandaric’s present to the Pompey fans? Just wondered how we paid him, presumably his wages were suplemented by MM plus free fags etc…

that was how Milan labelled it. A more experienced manager might just have set the team up to make a real difference with him floating about. As Alan Ball did with big nose at Scurmers
Unbelievable at the time Hammie we signed a winner of the European Cup (he scored the 1st pen in the shootout) and he had played in 3 World Cups and 1 Euros. I read an interesting article re that penalty shoot out, Red Star's league went to pens in the event of a draw so they were used to it. They played for the draw and the plan worked, winning the shoot out 5.3. He was coaching a Slovenian side early in 2022 but left when he fell out with the owner.