TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Charlton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
We play a team who have been as dismal as us since October. 

The last two performances have been much improved and at least we’ve scored at last.

Players have started coming back, with more in the offing. A positive start to the year would be very welcome.

2-1
Hopeful... it’s now or never for this season I think.
Good job we're not playing a club who hold a massive hex over us at Fratton Park then.....
It is an absolute must win for DC, Charltons form is terrible and they have a lot of injuries.

He has to put his anything but lose tactics to one side and tell the players to go for it.

A loss to Charlton is unthinkable.

1-0
Charlton are one of our many bogey teams, so this one is difficult to call.

Cowley needs these points desperately, so you’d think he’d ditch the safety first tactics and go for the win.

However, based on his previous tactical decisions, I suspect he will have over analysed the situation and we will get more of the same old dross.

Hopefully I will be proved wrong.

Happy New Year anyway  Smile .
I hate Charlton. 
Still, if not a win now, then when?
I reckon if we lose today ( hopefully not) it’ll spell the end of DC
Positive thoughts everyone - NEW YEAR - renewed hope starts TODAY PUP !
We've lost 6 in a row at home to them, surely the law of averages says we must get something today. 

I wonder if anyone has ever won 7 in a row away to anyone ?
I agree with g-100, its a must win game for DC. Happy New Year everyone
2 - 0 Pompey - Start of a charge up the table - Role on 2023!
A tight tense game but we'll just sneak it...
6-1
Home loss and sacked manager. Up the blues
Pompey simply must go for it no other option. It’s win or bust today.
Griffiths wins a clean sheet - Dale gets to PASS the ball after his mazy run - Curtis wishes the Ref a Happy New year and doesn't annoy him, and Pompey fans go back in time to that long remembered, incessant, wall of noise !
PUP
Someone's still celebrating their New Year's
wall of noise on New Years day is a rare thing. Too many hangovers.

One of the best comments I recall at Fratton Park.
"Bloody great new Year this is. I had to kiss the missus last night and now I'm sat here watching this pile of crap!"
(01-01-2023, 10:09 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]We've lost 6 in a row at home to them, surely the law of averages says we must get something today. 

I wonder if anyone has ever won 7 in a row away to anyone ?

Blimey, losing 7 in a row at home to the same team must surely be a record?  Cringingly embarassing, how crap is that?
They were fantastic, shows what a new manager can do.
We used to beat Charlton at home almost every season when I was a kid. Even when we were shit, Easy 2 points.
Any hope we had went when Pack was sent off. Not a great record, sent off home and away in the same season v Charlton.
(01-01-2023, 05:45 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Any hope we had went when Pack was sent off. Not a great record, sent off home and away in the same season v Charlton.

For an experienced player that was a cost ridiculous sending off. Although the second card summed up modern players and how they love to fall over.
Yes I said something similar at the time Hammie. Pack's stupidity and the surrounding Charlton players made it easy for the Referee. I wish I'd left then, some did not long after.
Did the team lose deliberately, today, or are they really just that bad?
(01-01-2023, 07:00 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Did the team lose deliberately, today, or are they really just that bad?

being coached to be soft at the back and give away at least a couple of possessions close to our box a game.
frustrated by what they are being asked to do
they came here for a promotion campaign and are heading into a relegation scrap if set up as they have been. 

Making them exactly that bad
Pages: 1 2