TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: New manager?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
There's a few available out there.
Chris Wilder would be my pick.
any f several with wide experience and promotion on their CV of more than one team.
Leam Richardson
Champagne dreams, lemonade money.
I honestly couldn’t care who it is, it can’t be any worse than this pair of useless cunts.
I'd love Wilder Gerry but I can't see it happening. Bit of history between us and him in regards to not being interviewed in the past plus he lives in Sheffield. I should imagine he is waiting for a suitable job in the North.
Pompey have form in appointing duffers.
(01-01-2023, 05:51 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]I honestly couldn’t care who it is, it can’t be any worse than this pair of useless cunts.

anyone who likes to go for it at home would do me.
Anyone would have a job on their hands sorting out this current crop of players . Agree , Cowley is to blame but god we have some dross here at the moment
(01-01-2023, 05:52 PM)Ain’t got a Danny Wrote: [ -> ]Pompey have form in appointing duffers.

I understand Mr Duffers is keen to take the job.
Chris Wilder would be a great man at the helm.
We missed a trick once with him. We should definitely be hoping he's interested.
He's got passion allied to managerial nous in this and championship leagues
Assuming that the Eisners want to spend money to pay off the useless twats currently in the dugout, Duncan Ferguson.
(01-01-2023, 05:48 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]There's a few available out there.

Chris wilder would be brilliant if the owners are willing to pay him what he wants & give him a better playing budget.
(01-01-2023, 06:00 PM)Bedhamptonblue69 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone would have a job on their hands sorting out this current crop of players . Agree , Cowley is to blame but god we have some dross here at the moment

The players aren’t the issue, it’s a decent team but the manager does just about everything the can to play the opposite of their strengths.
(30-12-2022, 09:18 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]You can say Ipswich dominated us and were clearly the better team but all that doesn't matter if you concede goals like we do. Ipswich didn't beat us with brilliant goals that would have beaten any team. A player unmarked in the six-yard box for an easy tap-in. AGAIN. Why does this keep happening? It is why we can't win games and we will never win as long as we keep gifting the opposition presents like that.

(01-01-2023, 06:15 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2023, 05:48 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]There's a few available out there.

Chris wilder would be brilliant if the owners are willing to pay him what he wants & give him a better playing budget.

They're not
(01-01-2023, 06:15 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]

Not a fookin hope of our owner doing either, from Proud Pompey to Poundland Pompey in the blink of an eye.
O.k. put up a For sale sign with Purple Bricks & go!
(01-01-2023, 06:23 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]O.k. put up a For sale sign with Purple Bricks & go!

They wouldn’t need to, there’s obviously a queue of wealthy people wanting to buy a club they won’t ever make a penny from.
(01-01-2023, 05:49 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]Leam Richardson

What is it with this obsession with Richardson? All based on internet rumours that he was the brains behind getting out of L2. There's hardly been a stampede for his services anyway.
(01-01-2023, 07:41 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]

What is it with this obsession with Richardson? All based on internet rumours that he was the brains behind getting out of L2. There's hardly been a stampede for his services anyway.

Lol he won L1 with Wigan!!
We must look like a bit of a basket case club at present - be surprised if anyone half decent fancied taking the job.
(01-01-2023, 07:53 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]We must look like a bit of a basket case club at present - be surprised if anyone half decent fancied taking the job.

whoever takes over at some stage or another, will need to work miracles in the transfer market.Loads of dross to ship out and somehow bring in some players that can actually play the game.
(01-01-2023, 07:45 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Lol he won L1 with Wigan!!

He won L1 with Wigan thanks largely to a fecking huge transfer budget that ultimately fecked them up in the championship when those same players were found not up to the job. 

If we were going to go for a new manager then I'd get one like Jon Colman from Accrington. Not only is he used to getting decent enough players but he's used to working on a non-existent budget that will be given a new manager. It'll also save us money as it always seems that we're sniffing around that club for players.
(01-01-2023, 06:17 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2023, 06:00 PM)Bedhamptonblue69 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone would have a job on their hands sorting out this current crop of players . Agree , Cowley is to blame but god we have some dross here at the moment

The players aren’t the issue, it’s a decent team but the manager does just about everything the can to play the opposite of their strengths.

The players were the bloody issue today! I’d have fined the majority of them for not being able to do at least a basic job. Bunch of twats, for the most part. Especially Pack!

January window open. Get rid of Scarlett, Griffiths and especially that fucking donkey, Pigott! If Dale could pass a ball, I’d keep him, but he can’t. Don’t care if Koroma goes either.

I think the clamour for Richardson has more to do with him taking Wigan from just avoiding relegation to league one champions in one season.  But knowing the club from his time here is probably also an advantage.

I'd still rather have Wilder though, but I suspect that he is way out of our reach.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5