TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Player ratings v Charlton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Griffiths - 4. No upgrade on Bass, distribution slow and ponderous showed no urgency when we were losing, at fault for 3rd goal when parried shot straight out instead of catching or pushing round post.

Swanson -7 Generally sound, but misunderstanding with Pack led to sending off - that probably got him subbed. 

Morrison -5  Slow, too old, needs binning off.

Raggett - 5 Ok he can head the ball but not much else. Awful pass for their second goal, looks like Bambi on ice when has the ball. 

Ogilvie - 7 Sound, our only good consistent defender over last two matches. 

Dale - 4 Kept losing the ball, never looks dangerous - midget in stature, keeps drifting inside - send him back to Blackpool. 

Pack - 6 Unlucky to be sent off, kept trying but had little options to pass to when he had the ball.

Morrell - 5 Midget, too easily brushed off the ball, tries hard but can see why Luton didn't want him in Championship.

Curtis -5 Had 1 early shot but constantly lost his man ( the guy with the mask). Quickly taken corner resulted in our goal. Would have preferred to give him 15 mins after half time.

Piggott -4 His misplaced control/pass tested in their 1st goal, not Dipswitch standard or even our standard - send him back.

Scarlett -5 Apart from one run was anonymous. Is he really that good?

Subs 

Bishop -5 starved of any service, has little pace 

Mingi -7 A bright spark, can see why better clubs/are after him.  Need to tie him down long-term pronto or risk losing fir nothing. 

Koroma -3 Utter waste of space, one footed rubbish - send him back.

Hackett -4  Didn't do a lot, lost at left back when Morrison subbed and  Ogilvie moved inside. 

Jacobs - 4  Did precisely nothing, get rid at season end. 

Cowleys - 3  Why bring on 3 subs at half time just after we had equalised. That gave the team a load of confidence - at least give starting players another 15 mins ffs. Why do they always bring all players back for corners etc, Charlton left 1 up which occupied two of our players, no out ball if you bring all players back.  Are safe in  jobs at the moment but need a rapid improvement in results  over next 3 weeks or so.

Fans -8 stuck with the team right to the end, but patience is wearing thin quickly with Cowleys.
Morrell, Ogilvie and Swanson were worth their pay. Mingi was adequate.

Pack was shocking.
Actually thought Morrell was the pick of the midfield today, especially as he kept his composure and tried to keep the ball moving. Think you were being overly generous to the Cowleys though.
I like Swanson, he was visibly frustrated when he was subbed. Pity some of the more senior players weren't like him
Can't score Morrison and Raggett the same, Morrison is finished, 3 or 4 out of 10
As a collective they offered absolutely nothing and individual ratings are meaningless in that context. Appalling display.
Steak pies at the Fratton End worth at least a 9 today.
(01-01-2023, 09:25 PM)The Realist Wrote: [ -> ]Steak pies at the Fratton End worth at least a 9 today.

Pity they weren’t playing.

They would at least have resulted in more ‘movement’.
I'd missed the point that just after we equalized and might have come out with some new found confidence we then gutted the team with three subs. Strange move, maybe influence by some statistical analysis.
I wasn't surprised he took Pigott off Hammie but agree I didn't expect 3 at that stage. I really thought we'd have a go at winning at half time but we gifted them the 2nd goal and then Pack ended what hope we had. I recall talking to a decent standard footballer when we quite rightly decided to get rid of Marquis, Harrison and Co. He said Pompey aren't going to get out of this league with them so it's time to try something else. Thought of him tonight and those words. Cowley is in his 3rd attempt to get Pompey into the playoffs. How much longer are the Eisners going to give them ? Only to happy to still be in the P Pot Trophy no doubt with a money spinning trip to Spurs before that.
(01-01-2023, 10:57 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]I wasn't surprised he took Pigott off Hammie but agree I didn't expect 3 at that stage. I really thought we'd have a go at winning at half time but we gifted them the 2nd goal and then Pack ended what hope we had. I recall talking to a decent standard footballer when we quite rightly decided to get rid of Marquis, Harrison and Co. He said Pompey aren't going to get out of this league with them so it's time to try something else. Thought of him tonight and those words.  Cowley is in his 3rd attempt to get Pompey into the playoffs. How much longer are the Eisners going to give them ?  Only to happy to still be in the P Pot Trophy no doubt with a money spinning trip to Spurs before that.

He's spent more money to achieve far less than Kenny. That's the bottom line which should be telling the owners that his time is up.
I hope he's gone tmw but I fear he won't be
I think we all know he is not going anywhere. The owners aren't the sacking kind and he said in today's post match interview that he ain't walking. More's the pity.
1/10 for the Bovril in the FE, tepid at best, served to me by a nipper who first rummaged through the chocolate before being corrected by her gaffer
10/10 for the Bacon Sarnie and Coffee outside the ground
(01-01-2023, 11:40 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]10/10 for the Bacon Sarnie and Coffee outside the ground

Are you Bulc?  Rolleyes
(02-01-2023, 12:20 AM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2023, 11:40 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]10/10 for the Bacon Sarnie and Coffee outside the ground

Are you Bulc?  Rolleyes

No   Tongue

Deebo

Oi! I’m Bulctacus
(01-01-2023, 08:08 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]Griffiths - 4. No upgrade on Bass, distribution slow and ponderous showed no urgency when we were losing, at fault for 3rd goal when parried shot straight out instead of catching or pushing round post.

Swanson -7 Generally sound, but misunderstanding with Pack led to sending off - that probably got him subbed. 

Morrison -5  Slow, too old, needs binning off.

Raggett - 5 Ok he can head the ball but not much else. Awful pass for their second goal, looks like Bambi on ice when has the ball. 

Ogilvie - 7 Sound, our only good consistent defender over last two matches. 

Dale - 4 Kept losing the ball, never looks dangerous - midget in stature, keeps drifting inside - send him back to Blackpool. 

Pack - 6 Unlucky to be sent off, kept trying but had little options to pass to when he had the ball.

Morrell - 5 Midget, too easily brushed off the ball, tries hard but can see why Luton didn't want him in Championship.

Curtis -5 Had 1 early shot but constantly lost his man ( the guy with the mask). Quickly taken corner resulted in our goal. Would have preferred to give him 15 mins after half time.

Piggott -4 His misplaced control/pass tested in their 1st goal, not Dipswitch standard or even our standard - send him back.

Scarlett -5 Apart from one run was anonymous. Is he really that good?

Subs 

Bishop -5 starved of any service, has little pace 

Mingi -7 A bright spark, can see why better clubs/are after him.  Need to tie him down long-term pronto or risk losing fir nothing. 

Koroma -3 Utter waste of space, one footed rubbish - send him back.

Hackett -4  Didn't do a lot, lost at left back when Morrison subbed and  Ogilvie moved inside. 

Jacobs - 4  Did precisely nothing, get rid at season end. 

Cowleys - 3  Why bring on 3 subs at half time just after we had equalised. That gave the team a load of confidence - at least give starting players another 15 mins ffs. Why do they always bring all players back for corners etc, Charlton left 1 up which occupied two of our players, no out ball if you bring all players back.  Are safe in  jobs at the moment but need a rapid improvement in results  over next 3 weeks or so.

Fans -8 stuck with the team right to the end, but patience is wearing thin quickly with Cowleys.

Those scores suggest very few of our players are fit for league one.Please don't let Cowley have a budget for the January transfer window as he'll only waste it again.
(02-01-2023, 12:57 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]Those scores suggest very few of our players are fit for league one.Please don't let Cowley have a budget for the January transfer window as he'll only waste it again.

On the contrary I'd say the majority of those players are more than a match for L1, but all the while there's a non-league standard coaching and medical team in place those players will be dragged down to that level.  Lowest common denominator and all that.
This team is more than capable of the playoffs but DC goes out of his way to play against their strengths. He is so scared of losing he doesn’t know how to win.

We can’t play it from the back so stop doing it. You’ve got a striker running around with nothing to do because we always play it sideways or backwards.

Deebo

Raggs was instructed to play the Beckenbauer role.
I’ve seen better subbuteo players than Raggett
(02-01-2023, 03:24 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve seen better subbuteo players than Raggett

Big Grin  Didn't see his error as the prat to the left of me stood up yet again. He says he can't help it ffs    Nor did I see much of the north stand touchline handbags as he stood up again ffs
(02-01-2023, 02:39 PM)Deebo Wrote: [ -> ]Raggs was instructed to play the Beckenbauer role.

Says who ? 

He was playing traditional centre back in a 442, something he has done perfectly well hundreds of times.  But he is nowhere near as good playing alongside Morrison as he is alongside Robertson, and he had a poor game. His confidence doesn't look to have recovered from being dropped for the MK Dons debacle. 

But he  still won plenty of aerial battles and set up our goal so it wasn't all bad. His passing, which is never the strongest part of his game, was however diabolical yesterday. And he was not alone in the team in that respect.
Pages: 1 2