TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Cowley plus the loans........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Our club is in a mess, Ex Gaffer summed it up for me when he posted it's like the heart being sucked out of everything. I was hoping Cowley would be gone by now, never thought I'd feel that in September. It's hard to see where a league win comes from, I felt the same when Barker was in charge, he was sacked and Awfs kept us up. It was bloody close though, I went to Northampton and by kick off we were safe, he made 9 or 10 changes lol As for the loans I really can't make a case for any of them remaining if we can sign suitable replacements. Keep one it's Dale but if Blackpool call him back I wont be too disappointed. Pigott is hopeless, Koroma and Scarlett I'd return too nowhere near what we need. If we can sign an experienced keeper I'd let Griffiths go back, he's not good enough. Dc has said Josh Oluwayemi needs to go out on loan for experience so be it. I don't expect too much to happen before the Spurs game, just wondered your thoughts ?
Clear the decks, loans back. I can't see them sacking Cowley but they should. Shame we did not bring in an upstairs experienced type who could step in.
Dale flatters to deceive but has very few assists or goals. With the points cushion we have we might just as well replace them permanently with Reeko, Mingi, Swanson and the other youngsters that we bought in.
Finding an experienced keeper on loan or permanent would make a huge difference, along with completely binning playing out from the back which is looking three decent professional central defenders look like idiots as well as a more than decent defensive midfielder.
It's pointless fantasising. There won't be a change of manager, incoming players will continue to be poorish because we're bottom feeders, and the Cowley's bizarre tactics will continue. The club is being run as a business as the Eisners pledged but most people probably hoped for a semblance of entertainment thrown in.
It's up to us really whether we continue to buy into this model.
(02-01-2023, 11:33 AM)kindofblue Wrote: [ -> ]It's pointless fantasising. There won't be a change of manager, incoming players will continue to be poorish because we're bottom feeders, and the Cowley's bizarre tactics will continue. The club is being run as a business as the Eisners pledged but most people probably hoped for a semblance of entertainment thrown in.

there were a lot of empty seats watching on iplayer. The next home Saturday 3pm will tell us a lot if there are still loads of gaps.
Well said Hammie. I stayed up far too late watching Pittsburgh win at Baltimore last night lol
Agree Dale is the only one who shows any passion for playing. He flatters to deceive but I accept he cares. If they all get sent back then fine by me though. Agree, might as well let Reeco, Swanson, oluwayemi (apologies if that’s spelt all wrong), Mingi get game time. They aren’t any worse. Pigott (accepting he has so little game time to prove himself) looked a complete donkey yesterday and staying here is no good for him or for us. Playing out from the back is the scourge of modern football and we are hopeless at it. I feel real anger towards every part of the club this morning and if one or two more defeats brings about some change then so be it.
(02-01-2023, 11:34 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-01-2023, 11:33 AM)kindofblue Wrote: [ -> ]It's pointless fantasising. There won't be a change of manager, incoming players will continue to be poorish because we're bottom feeders, and the Cowley's bizarre tactics will continue. The club is being run as a business as the Eisners pledged but most people probably hoped for a semblance of entertainment thrown in.

there were a lot of empty seats watching on iplayer. The next home Saturday 3pm will tell us a lot if there are still loads of gaps.

There were seven or eight empty seats in my immediate vicinity in NSL. The official attendance was very healthy but I suspect a lot of season tickets are missing games.
Christ- on Saturday even the announcer sounded miserable as fuck.
(02-01-2023, 11:34 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]

Loads near me empty, first bus running an hourly bus service didn't help.
Fortunately he didn’t try the ‘please show respect for players and officials’ announcement this time!
(02-01-2023, 11:35 AM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Agree Dale is the only one who shows any passion for playing. He flatters to deceive but I accept he cares. If they all get sent back then fine by me though. Agree, might as well let Reeco, Swanson, oluwayemi (apologies if that’s spelt all wrong), Mingi get game time. They aren’t any worse. Pigott (accepting he has so little game time to prove himself) looked a complete donkey yesterday and staying here is no good for him or for us. Playing out from the back is the scourge of modern football and we are hopeless at it. I feel real anger towards every part of the club this morning and if one or two more defeats brings about some change then so be it.

Agree re the anger. I'd never want Pompey to lose but fear it's going to happen continually if the Cowleys remain. Bolton away a week Saturday doesn't inspire me with confidence of anything for starters. We'll probably do better in the P Pot Trophy game there a week tomorrow
No empty seats around us in the Fratton End but pretty much everyone seriously hacked off. We don't have the players to play out from the back and can't press effectively so DC needs to adopt tactics to suit the players he has available. Although, our sick parade has n't helped his limited tactical repertoire it's was Thompson's loss which affected us the most - made us look vulnerable at the back and restricted Pack's support for the front line. His return is the only bright spot on the horizon.