TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Temporary charge ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First I would also say that Danny and Nicky put their all into managing our great club. Sadly their all was not sufficient - but let us not disparage their efforts -  they did want the best for the club but obviously lacking in important areas. Thank you.

Moving on I think the event will only serve to harden the fans demeanour come Saturday and a typical ' v Spurs semi-final' attitude will prevail - Nothing to lose.

However,. who takes over the reins - youth team boss ? - I do not think any decision on the next CRUCIALLY important manager will be made too hastily. 

Play up Pompey !
(03-01-2023, 09:04 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]First I would also say that Danny and Nicky put their all into managing our great club. Sadly their all was not sufficient - but let us not disparage their efforts -  they did want the best for the club but obviously lacking in important areas. Thank you.

Moving on I think the event will only serve to harden the fans demeanour come Saturday and a typical ' v Spurs semi-final' attitude will prevail - Nothing to lose.

However,. who takes over the reins - youth team boss ? - I do not think any decision on the next CRUCIALLY important manager will be made too hastily. 

Play up Pompey !

I honestly couldn’t care less about the FA Cup right now.
For once I actually agree with you
It's certainly unusual not to announce who is in temporary charge when sacking someone 

Maybe they already have someone lined up to start immediately?
(03-01-2023, 09:22 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]It's certainly unusual not to announce who is in temporary charge when sacking someone 

Maybe they already have someone lined up to start immediately?

I would like to think they had been sounding out possible replacements before the sacking and that this person will be in charge very soon, with plenty of time to get to grips with the transfer window.  But then again, this is Pompey.
Barry Harris is back for a while. Put him in charge!
Yes he is and great to see him involved
After the Cowleys, Simon Bassey is the next most senior in charge of the first team
Neil Warnock
After Simon Bassey, it's Shirley Bassey.
After Shirley Bassey, it's Surely Lassie
Simon Bassey has interim manager experience with AFC Wimbledon
I won't claim to be right up to speed with the back room at FP, but I've never heard of Simon Bassey.
Pompey 100 commented: "I honestly couldn’t care less about the FA Cup right now"

Yes 'tonner' I see where you are coming from but PFC are a professional club, and difficult though it is, have to fulfill commitments.

Don't forget the very considerable financial bonus from the game - ie unanticipated club income.

We HAVE TO suck it and see - all I want is pride from the team in blue, and passion from our unique support.
(03-01-2023, 09:07 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2023, 09:04 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]First I would also say that Danny and Nicky put their all into managing our great club. Sadly their all was not sufficient - but let us not disparage their efforts -  they did want the best for the club but obviously lacking in important areas. Thank you.

Play up Pompey !

I honestly couldn’t care less about the FA Cup right now.
We need the money to pay off the Cowleys. 

I would like the biggest war chest possible for January.
(03-01-2023, 11:31 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Pompey 100 commented: "I honestly couldn’t care less about the FA Cup right now"

Yes 'tonner' I see where you are coming from but PFC are a professional club, and difficult though it is, have to fulfill commitments.

Don't forget the very considerable financial bonus from the game - ie unanticipated club income.

We HAVE TO suck it and see - all I want is pride from the team in blue, and passion from our unique support.

I never suggested we don’t play it.
Tonner, I was not implying that I do get your thoughts

i.e - FA cup games are NOT the most important subject on the horizon just now ?
Simon Bassey (Assistant First Team Coach)took training today, aided by Lorenzo Dolcetti (First Team Development Coach).
We really do have a lot of unknowns at the club of late
It amazes me how little fans know about the club they support, both Bassey & Dolcetti have been at the club since July 2021.
(03-01-2023, 05:49 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]It amazes me how little fans know about the club they support, both Bassey & Dolcetti have been at the club since July 2021.

The irony.

Deebo

(03-01-2023, 04:55 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]Simon Bassey (Assistant First Team Ciach)took training today, aided by Lorenzo Dolcetti ( First Team Development Coach).

Stalking the first team with his autograph book again.

Big Grin
if they have been here all that time in a coaching capacity then it doesn't look as though they are much good.
Bassey's appointment got a lot of publicity when he joined ... how can anyone who follows the club not have heard of him ??   Barnet were very upset that we poached him.

At least the club have finally named his as caretaker now.
(03-01-2023, 06:06 PM)Deebo Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2023, 04:55 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]Simon Bassey (Assistant First Team Ciach)took training today, aided by Lorenzo Dolcetti ( First Team Development Coach).

Stalking the first team with his autograph book again.

Big Grin

I've been a member at Roko now (PHFC) since it started in c2001 Dimbo you dim witted coont. 

I'm a regular in the gym/ swimming pool 3/4 times a week - jealousy won't get you anywhere you Burger Flipping bastard.
Pages: 1 2