TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Chris Wilder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please please please  Mr Eisner, break the bank to get him in. This next appointment is so vital. His record in the lower leagues with Northampton ,Oxford and higher with Sheffield United speaks for itself. He would motivate the players and play attacking football. Get him in now !! PUP
No thanks, another Phil Brown, except Phil Brown came across more likeable.
His motivation at Middlesbrough didn't go too well.
This is the problem - down to personal likes and dislikes.
OR, damned if you do - damned if you don't. Frustrating though it is we just hope , everything crossed, the best decision is made !
He’s a proven manager who has had success at this and higher levels, he’s exactly what we need.
No-nonsense, tactical nous, massive experience, contacts throughout the English football league. Understands what it takes to produce a winning side ....although.....has a lower win rate than.....er.....Danny Cowley! 
Big Grin
(03-01-2023, 01:02 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]No-nonsense, tactical nous, massive experience, contacts throughout the English football league. Understands what it takes to produce a winning side ....although.....has a lower win rate than.....er.....Danny Cowley! 
Big Grin

What’s Danny’s league winning %?
50.3% would you believe mostly on the back of his success at Concord, Braintree and Lincoln (43% at Pompey alone). As against Wilder's 43.5 career total.
There again, if you like stats, Jackett was one of the most 'successful' managers we've ever had at 50% while here whereas Harry was a dismal failure at a pitiful 40% and never acheived anything did he?   Big Grin
Sacked from his previous two clubs, after leaving them in the relegation spots.

Oh well…NEXT!!!
(03-01-2023, 01:23 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]50.3% would you believe mostly on the back of his success at Concord, Braintree and Lincoln (43% at Pompey alone). As against Wilder's 43.5 career total.
There again, if you like stats, Jackett was one of the most 'successful' managers we've ever had at 50% while here whereas Harry was a dismal failure at a pitiful 40% and never acheived anything did he?   Big Grin

Without Concord and Braintree!
(03-01-2023, 01:23 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Sacked from his previous two clubs, after leaving them in the relegation spots.

Oh well…NEXT!!!

You’re joking right?
According to Wiki, it's 50.3% career total for DC with 43% of that acheived at Fratton.
(03-01-2023, 01:27 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2023, 01:23 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Sacked from his previous two clubs, after leaving them in the relegation spots.

Oh well…NEXT!!!

You’re joking right?

Partially.

Just pointing out that whoever comes in will, one day, be slagged off by exactly the same people who slagged off Cowley.

Do you agree?
(03-01-2023, 01:32 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2023, 01:27 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Oh well…NEXT!!!

You’re joking right?

Partially.

Just pointing out that whoever comes in will, one day, be slagged off by exactly the same people who slagged off Cowley.

Do you agree?

If they are as shit as Cowley then yes, that’s football.

Wilder was sacked by Shef Utd after taking them from L1 to the Prem. there’s no comparison between him and DC.
Don't want Wilder. He was sacked at Boro when they were in the bottom 3 - since he's gone, they've shot up the table and are now in 5th place.

However, the main reason why I don't want him is the obvious one ....... Wilder's a scummer! Spent 4 years there as a youth player, so that's him ruled out!
Would love Wilder but not a snowballs chance in hell of that happening
(03-01-2023, 02:55 PM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: [ -> ]Don't want Wilder. He was sacked at Boro when they were in the bottom 3 - since he's gone, they've shot up the table and are now in 5th place.

However, the main reason why I don't want him is the obvious one ....... Wilder's a scummer! Spent 4 years there as a youth player, so that's him ruled out!

Personally I’d take Matt Le Twat if he could get us out of this division.

Wilder also took Shef Utd from L1 to a 9th place finish in the prem let’s not forget.
We missed him once. He went to Northampton and stormed the league.
He went to Sheffield utd and stormed league 1 after being woeful in that league for years.
He then took them to the prem!
He is full of passion, could relate to the fans here and get the eisners where they want to be.
All the time employing us, the fans as theb12th man.
Get him in and give him the transfer window. We have such a chance
All the positive post re WILDER is great, and sounds good.

Reality strikes, he is appointed but we keep losing how long before .....

p.s - 'Cunning' I think we are both on the same page on this one
(03-01-2023, 03:42 PM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]All the positive post re WILDER is great, and sounds good.

Reality strikes, he is appointed but we keep losing how long before .....

p.s - 'Cunning' I think we are both on the same page on this one

That happens with every manager appointed at every club. They might be shit. What’s the alternative? Appointing someone who isn’t Wilder who might be shit?
so, who was the owner's when Wilder had this success?
I Don't think Mr. Eisner would splash the cash too readily. Sad
I don’t know, Google it maybe?

You trying to say that Sheff Utd bought League 1, the championship and had a top 10 Premier League wage bill?
(03-01-2023, 04:01 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t know, Google it maybe?

You trying to say that Sheff Utd bought League 1, the championship and had a top 10 Premier League wage bill?

He had a tiny budget for the championship not sure about league one
Well, they are owned by Prince Abdullah bin Musa’ed since 2019.
(03-01-2023, 04:15 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: [ -> ]Well, they are owned by Prince Abdullah bin Musa’ed since 2019.

So he got them promoted from L1 and the Champ before they took over?
(03-01-2023, 02:55 PM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: [ -> ]Don't want Wilder. He was sacked at Boro when they were in the bottom 3 - since he's gone, they've shot up the table and are now in 5th place.

I assume that remark is tongue-in-cheek.  There may be good reasons not to appoint Wilder, though I'd say that on balance his managerial career is in credit.  Spending four years at Southampton in his teens is not one of them.  I don't think we bore a grudge against Alan Ball for having had two spells up the road as a player and one as a manager, on the contrary, and rightly so.
Pages: 1 2