TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Liam Manning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just gone evens.

IMO if they go for this guy, they may as well have kept Cowley. Oversaw the same bullshit and nosedive at MK Dons before getting sacked earlier this season.

It's also the lazy option for Cullen and would make you wonder wtf Hughes is here for
Should not be in the running
Anything is better than Cowley but he wouldn’t be my choice however we are looking for a head coach and not a manager which rules out most of the other candidates.

Seems to be Hughes is in charge.
The more I read about him, the more I think he's Cowley in disguise in every single negative aspect
Im not sure how it would be the lazy option for Cullen, Cullen had left MD Dons about 3 months before Manning was appointed. However I 100% agree he is not the answer I don’t understand the obsession with Richardson either ask Wigan fans his style is awful
(03-01-2023, 04:46 PM)JamesPLewis Wrote: [ -> ]Im not sure how it would be the lazy option for Cullen, Cullen had left MD Dons about 3 months before Manning was appointed. However I 100% agree he is not the answer I don’t understand the obsession with Richardson either ask Wigan fans his style is awful

Wigan fans said he brought in players that would run through walls for him and for the other players! That’s what we need.
Do we want style or results?
What makes you think they might go for him?

(HINT: Young - [Image: thumbsup.png], Keen - [Image: thumbsup.png], Cheap -  [Image: thumbsup.png][Image: thumbsup.png][Image: thumbsup.png])

He's probably a really nice chap too.
And works very, very hard!
They need to pick someone who isn't a Cowley clone or else sacking Cowley was a pointless expense.

If they pick another baby who will be a yes puppet then it is going to be more loans and more Morrisons - fuck that.

MK Dons fans are laughing at us saying that he inherited Martin's team but has no Plan B, is soft with the players, does not play round pegs in round holes and tries to play out from the back.

Remind you of anyone?
The firm I look at have eased Richardson to just under 2.1 fav. Manning has been dramatically shortened in the last couple of hours to 5.2 2nd fav. I remember the flood of money on Redknapp the evening before it was announced he was returning to his "spiritual home" as he called it, "somebody knew" as they say
I also remember the flood of money on Warnock just before Mandaric apparently offered him the job, only to change his mind hours later and get Redknapp back.
Yep gambles go wrong.
Manning would be such an underwhelming appointment. Think that makes him a shoe-in.
I'd certainly prefer Richardson to Manning ... with a slight doubt about returning to the scene of previous success, which often goes very wrong. But Frank Burrows, Alan Ball, Jim Smith & Harry Redknapp all returned with some success so maybe it does not apply at Pompey. 

When fans are upset at a manager getting sacked when things aren't going well it is a sign that he has got something, and lots of Wigan fans were not happy. Reminds me of Barnsley fans and Stendel when we appointed Cowley... what is he doing now ? He doesn't appear to have worked for over a year since being sacked by Nancy.