TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Get him in !!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From Portsmouth.co.uk :

Warnock says Portsmouth is a fabulous club and would be open to managing short term.
Get him in asap.
Hoooooofffffffff !!!!!
It’s never going to happen.
He's 75 this year! Let the lad enjoy his retirement lol
He’s successful and he’s volunteered and I’ve never heard of style as being hoofball. He would buy us time so the Eisners/ Culle/ Hughes can get this right.
I'd rather have someone who is going to be here next season, so next season's manager has time to assess the squad and decide what is needed in the summer.
But….he got binned off (mutual consent) and replaced by Chris Wilder, who then got sacked, leaving Boro in the bottom three.
(03-01-2023, 05:40 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]Hoooooofffffffff !!!!!

I knew someone would say that, ill informed or what?

His teams played good hard football and he was largely successful.

There is a place for the long ball as long as you don’t solely rely on it and the quality of the ball is good enough.

I’d rather have that than a load of tippy tappy garbage with little or no end result ffs.

He’s too old though so it’s all immaterial, he’s even older than me ffs  Smile .
(03-01-2023, 06:41 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2023, 05:40 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]Hoooooofffffffff !!!!!

I knew someone would say that, ill informed or what?

His teams played good hard football and he was largely successful.

There is a place for the long ball as long as you don’t solely rely on it and the quality of the ball is good enough.

I’d rather have that than a load of tippy tappy garbage with little or no end result ffs.

He’s too old though so it’s all immaterial, he’s even older than me ffs  Smile .

Mix it up and be less predictable especially at home.
How many goals have we scored on the break this season for instance?
Might have to avoid bright young things fresh from the FA coaching courses as they push playing from the back, 5 a side, retaining possession and discourage individualism. Or at least that's what I've seen from FA qualified coaches working in local schools.
He has loads of experience regardless of age. Give him until the end of the season. Been watching quite a few games at Plymouth where he lives.