TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Abuse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heard that  Danny and Nicky Cowleys families were abused at the Charlton game. If this is true the so called ( fans ) who did this should be thoroughly ashamed. I only hope there were some decent people trying to shut them up. This is a new low for me, I hope they can live with themselves.
To live with themselves they need to rationalise their actions - the requirement for that is a brain.
Morons exist, it was ever thus.
(05-01-2023, 07:29 AM)Yepmop70 Wrote: [ -> ]Heard that  Danny and Nicky Cowleys families were abused at the Charlton game. If this is true the so called ( fans ) who did this should be thoroughly ashamed. I only hope there were some decent people trying to shut them up. This is a new low for me, I hope they can live with themselves.

Not surprising given the last few weeks. Way too many people getting on at the team before they've barely kicked a ball. Some almost seem happier when fortunes turn for the bad. Whether Cowley deserved to go or not, the pack mentality that got them out was a new low for Pompey. Never seen pompey fans openly hoping we would lose.

Obviously, this will all change with the new manager, who is single handedly going to transform our options because, ofcourse, the manager is the sole reason for success or failure.
Couldn't agree more. Football grounds are not the place for abuse. You should follow them home and do it there instead, much more chance of them hearing it than in a loud stadium.
(05-01-2023, 11:07 AM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2023, 07:29 AM)Yepmop70 Wrote: [ -> ]Heard that  Danny and Nicky Cowleys families were abused at the Charlton game. If this is true the so called ( fans ) who did this should be thoroughly ashamed. I only hope there were some decent people trying to shut them up. This is a new low for me, I hope they can live with themselves.

Not surprising given the last few weeks. Way too many people getting on at the team before they've barely kicked a ball. Some almost seem happier when fortunes turn for the bad. Whether Cowley deserved to go or not, the pack mentality that got them out was a new low for Pompey. Never seen pompey fans openly hoping we would lose.

Obviously, this will all change with the new manager, who is single handedly going to transform our options because, ofcourse, the manager is the sole reason for success or failure.

Mob mentality. You see it on here too. A couple of gobshites express their ill founded opinions (with nothing to back them up) and the sheep come wagging their tails behind them. ‘Twas ever thus.
Always felt the abuse of the gregory family was over the top
(05-01-2023, 01:07 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-01-2023, 11:07 AM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]

Mob mentality. You see it on here too. A couple of gobshites express their ill founded opinions (with nothing to back them up) and the sheep come wagging their tails behind them. ‘Twas ever thus.

A message board is hardly comparable to the real world Cunning, surprising though you may find that.

You don’t feel ‘abused’ by a mob on here do you?

Of course if any ‘gobshites’ express ‘ill founded’ opinions on here, it is up to you to show how the said opinions are ill founded. Something you rarely, if ever, do.

Have a fun day  Smile .

I hope they pick on the wrong people at some point and get a good hoofing.
(05-01-2023, 01:29 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]Of course if any ‘gobshites’ express ‘ill founded’ opinions on here, it is up to you to show how the said opinions are ill founded. Something you rarely, if ever, do.

Have a fun day  Smile .

Fuck me, that made me laugh!

I hope you had a grin on your face  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

‘Something you rarely, if ever, do.’

Give me an example, me old mucker, I’ll see if I can oblige.
The family abused included young children and its hardly as if anyone thinks the Cowleys were not decent people (if poor team managers) So those giving the abuse should be banned make some space for proper fans.
Totally unacceptable behaviour.