TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Ryley Towler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
He hasn't signed.
Some transfer site said he had signed and would be announced next week, unusual to delay announcing a signing.

The paper got the rumour from twitter.

Seems to be highly thought of so let’s see.
"His solitary appearance last season saw him struggle over 45 minutes against Millwall in which he was culpable for the opener losing Tom Bradshaw for a free header, conceded a penalty for the second and was nearly sent-off before Pearson withdrew him at half-time."

Hmmmmm.........!
(06-01-2023, 09:44 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]"His solitary appearance last season saw him struggle over 45 minutes against Millwall in which he was culpable for the opener losing Tom Bradshaw for a free header, conceded a penalty for the second and was nearly sent-off before Pearson withdrew him at half-time."

Hmmmmm.........!

Sounds like he'll slot into our defending mastery seamlessly.
(06-01-2023, 09:58 AM)2_Kuhl Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-01-2023, 09:44 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]"His solitary appearance last season saw him struggle over 45 minutes against Millwall in which he was culpable for the opener losing Tom Bradshaw for a free header, conceded a penalty for the second and was nearly sent-off before Pearson withdrew him at half-time."

Hmmmmm.........!

Sounds like he'll slot into our defending mastery seamlessly.

Big Grin
(06-01-2023, 10:12 AM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]Needs a fucking haircut that's for sure. Sounds like bollocks anyway given we haven't got a manager.

Don’t need one; Hughes calls the shots.

Anyway, doesn’t seem to improve on what we have (incredible, isn’t it) so can only be one for the future.

Hmmmmm.........!

Last season, in the championship. Have a look at what is said about him this season.
(06-01-2023, 10:12 AM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]Needs a fucking haircut that's for sure. Sounds like bollocks anyway given we haven't got a manager.

We aren’t hiring a manager.  Cullen has already said recruitment will only be slightly impacted.

This is one for the future that we can improve and sell on.

That’s the new model.
One for the future for sure, slips into the same category as 'Gloria' Swanson. Sensible planning for our next season in the third tier and his age sits confortably with the current EFL regulations.
Nearly all his experience has been in the last few months at Wimbledon and apparently he has done very well, although that is in League Two.
Only surprising aspect is the mention of a six-figure fee.
On the assumption that has or will sign good luck to him.
(06-01-2023, 10:58 AM)blueandwight Wrote: [ -> ]One for the future for sure, slips into the same category as 'Gloria' Swanson. Sensible planning for our next season in the third tier and his age sits confortably with the current EFL regulations.
Nearly all his experience has been in the last few months at Wimbledon and apparently he has done very well, although that is in League Two.
Only surprising aspect is the mention of a six-figure fee.
On the assumption that has or will sign good luck to him.

The majority of reports I’ve seen is £30k plus add ons.
One for the future might be a good business model but we need to prioritise people who will make an immediate impact.
 If we don't, you can forget about the 'future'.
Possibly a replacement for Robertson, in the future.
(06-01-2023, 11:43 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]One for the future might be a good business model but we need to prioritise people who will make an immediate impact.
 If we don't, you can forget about the 'future'.

Im sure those signings will wait until a head coach is in place.
Looks like a lady. Hope he plays like a lion
Wimbledon fans seem genuinely disappointed he is leaving them
He’s got a name straight out of Fawlty Towers.
(06-01-2023, 11:49 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Possibly a replacement for Robertson, in the future.

Personally I hope he's a replacement for Robertson now. Robertson has this uncanny ability to get knocked off the ball by much smaller players. 
Derby were interested in Robertson-I'll drive him up there.. Big Grin
He’s better going forward. It’s a shame our wingers can’t cross as well as him.
(06-01-2023, 03:49 PM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-01-2023, 11:49 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Possibly a replacement for Robertson, in the future.

Personally I hope he's a replacement for Robertson now. Robertson has this uncanny ability to get knocked off the ball by much smaller players. 

It’s amazing how many players let go by Pompey go to clubs above us and not below.
(06-01-2023, 03:43 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]He’s got a name straight out of Fawlty Towers.

Farty Towler?

I wouldnt worry about that Gilles, at least he hasn't got one of those odious "man buns"- on the other hand he does have  the obligatory "tatts"  !!
(06-01-2023, 04:42 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

It’s amazing how many players let go by Pompey go to clubs above us and not below.

Apart from Burgess to RUSG and Cannon to Hull (where he was an unmitigated disaster), I struggle to think of anyone else.

Naylor/Whatmough to Wigan?  Hardly as they were also a L1 club at the time.  Close to Doncaster or Haunstrup to Kilmarnock?  Again, I wouldn't count those as upward moves even if Kilmarnock were in the top division in Scotland.

Any others you'll have to help me with, although I can give you dozens of examples of released players going to smaller L1 clubs or down to L2 and non league level.
He’s signed
(06-01-2023, 05:10 PM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-01-2023, 04:42 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Apart from Burgess to RUSG and Cannon to Hull (where he was an unmitigated disaster), I struggle to think of anyone else.

Naylor/Whatmough to Wigan?  Hardly as they were also a L1 club at the time.  Close to Doncaster or Haunstrup to Kilmarnock?  Again, I wouldn't count those as upward moves even if Kilmarnock were in the top division in Scotland.

Any others you'll have to help me with, although I can give you dozens of examples of released players going to smaller L1 clubs or down to L2 and non league level.

Jack is playing the the champ, bass is at Sunderland, Harness is at Ipswhich
Pages: 1 2 3