TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: difference today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Players were organised, and seemed to understand the game plan.Ok we lost, but most of us must have feared a proper hammering, thought we we did better than anyone could have expected
Played really well, nice not to see 2 men running at the keeper whenever he had the ball.

Passed a lot better than we have been and with an urgency. Only went back to Griffiths from an attacking position once so that’s a huge improvement.

Proud of them for that display but we have to do that in the league.
Shame Harry Kane's chance wasn't a penalty. Good afternoon to him
Anyone saying cowleys hadn’t lost the dressing room after seeing today performance was completely different
Even if Cowley was still here the players would have stepped up today.
What did Harry Kane do today except score? Just like Le toss at Scum, does nothing for much of the game and scores a screamer.
(07-01-2023, 05:10 PM)Cleaver Greene Wrote: [ -> ]What did Harry Kane do today except score? Just like Le toss at Scum, does nothing for much of the game and scores a screamer.

Credit to Bassey today, kept it simple, and the players responded.
The Cowleys biggest problem was over thinking things, and it usually just confused the players
Though Kane was motm today. He was everywhere. Putting balls round the side, over the top, dropping back into midfield and scoring a screamer. Ridiculous player.
(07-01-2023, 05:10 PM)Cleaver Greene Wrote: [ -> ]What did Harry Kane do today except score? Just like Le toss at Scum, does nothing for much of the game and scores a screamer.

Even if it was true that he did nothing apart from score which it certainly isn’t, I really don’t care as king strikers score goals, they can sit on the arse if they want.

It’s the strikers who run around a lot not scoring goals I can’t stand.
Yep Kane is his own animal, almost a quarterback of a front man, for club and country.

Nothing Griffiths could do.
Good simple set up. Playing Dale on the other side was interesting. Maybe we might see our wingers trying to go around the back rather than cutting inside. Next couple of games will be interesting.
(07-01-2023, 04:09 PM)farq2 Wrote: [ -> ]Players were organised, and seemed to understand the game plan.Ok we lost, but most of us must have feared a proper hammering, thought we we did better than anyone could have expected

Superb effort and great to see Thompson back. I wonder though whether the fact the spuds do not play the pressing game that this helped us bug style. If you run at our defence most of them collectively shit their pants.

Well done swanson. You'd never know it's his first proper season in the first team.
Team spirit was there today - left us feeling proud.

Now on to Tuesday.
(07-01-2023, 04:09 PM)farq2 Wrote: [ -> ]Players were organised, and seemed to understand the game plan.Ok we lost, but most of us must have feared a proper hammering, thought we we did better than anyone could have expected

We certainly did better than anybody expected but I think that had more to do with how average Spurs were compared with what we expected than anything caused by our change of manager. 

The players were the same, the formation pretty much the same (bar a slight change in Dale's role which would have been called playing a player out of position if DC had done it), and we played 5 at the back with very little attacking ambition even when 1-0 down, so all in all I didn't think things were very different from if DC had still been in charge.

The players did look more up for it than last week though, but I think the occasion and 9,000 fans would have lifted them anyway.
(08-01-2023, 12:02 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

We certainly did better than anybody expected but I think that had more to do with how average Spurs were compared with what we expected than anything caused by our change of manager. 

The players were the same, the formation pretty much the same (bar a slight change in Dale's role which would have been called playing a player out of position if DC had done it), and we played 5 at the back with very little attacking ambition even when 1-0 down, so all in all I didn't think things were very different from if DC had still been in charge.

The players did look more up for it than last week though, but I think the occasion and 9,000 fans would have lifted them anyway.

Thankfully we’ll never know what DC would have done yesterday but I can guarantee he would have made a pigs ear of it.

The fact there was some team spirit tells you all you need to know.
(08-01-2023, 12:02 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Agree with all that. The most pleasing part for me was I saw 2 performances in Swanson and Morrell that gives me hope for the future. The 3 who disappointed me was Hackett Tunnicliffe and Hume. 
Got to comment on the stadium the best I have ever been to it was truly amazing. We were fortunate to do a corporate box and what an experience that was. Great atmosphere from the Pompey fans, definite prove you do not need a tw-t with a bugle and those silly drummer boys to create one.
The drums with various clubs seem to be falling out of favour of late, can't say I'd be sorry. With us that groups seems to take it upon themselves to drown out the youngsters trying to make their own mark.
(08-01-2023, 01:26 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]The drums with various clubs seem to be falling out of favour of late, can't say I'd be sorry. With us that groups seems to take it upon themselves to drown out the youngsters trying to make their own mark.

I just don’t get it they do nothing to enhance the atmosphere. The continuous banging throughout the game is just so annoying. The majority of big clubs don’t have them. Well let’s hope they are falling out of favour i for one can’t wait for that day at Pompey.
At least there was no bell yesterday
"the stadium the best I have ever been to it was truly amazing"

But utterly wasted on Spurs fans who sat on their hands for almost the entire 90 minutes - they celebrated when they scored!

My memory of WHL was that the home "fans" only ever started singing when they were two goals to the good.
(08-01-2023, 03:15 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]"the stadium the best I have ever been to it was truly amazing"

But utterly wasted on Spurs fans who sat on their hands for almost the entire 90 minutes - they celebrated when they scored!

My memory of WHL was that the home "fans" only ever started singing when they were two goals to the good.

from my experience the best London fans are Palace.
Can't remember what it was like at Millwall, I was probably keeping a very low profile!