TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Richardson out of the running
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to Neil Allen, he and Barry have turned down approaches from the club.
Does that mean we are getting closer to Chris Wilder  [Image: thumbsup.png][Image: thumbsup.png][Image: thumbsup.png].........or Robbie Keane  Confused ???
It certainly narrows down the realistic options I really hope they don’t go with Manning. We surely can’t be going for someone who was sacked by a team in the bottom 4
As broken by Wigan press yesterday, Richardson is actually on gardening leave from them and forfeits full pay of his 2.5 year contract if he accepts another job in football management before his current contract is ended by mutual consent.

He signed it about two weeks before they sacked him, which is crazy
Yes, Manning is still there although they have apparently ruled out Warnock, thank goodness.
If we hire manning,we will be in the same position in a years time
(09-01-2023, 10:14 AM)Roybatty Wrote: [ -> ]If we hire manning,we will be in the same position in a years time

Still, for me the most likely choice by the club. Can we really see Wilder answering to a 35-year old Director of Football who has never played the game?
Manning would be around the same age and relatively cheap. Not saying it wouldn't work but, short of appointing Basey, it would certainly be the easiest option. He - and Hughes - would have to hit the ground running though to win over sceptical fans.
(09-01-2023, 09:52 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]As broken by Wigan press yesterday, Richardson is actually on gardening leave from them and forfeits full pay of his 2.5 year contract if he accepts another job in football management before his current contract is ended by mutual consent.

He signed it about two weeks before they sacked him, which is crazy

I wonder if the bookies were aware of that when they made him favourite for the job?
(09-01-2023, 09:46 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]According to Neil Allen, he and Barry have turned down approaches from the club.
Does that mean we are getting closer to Chris Wilder  [Image: thumbsup.png][Image: thumbsup.png][Image: thumbsup.png].........or Robbie Keane  Confused ???

Why would anyone helieve anythings those useless Snooze bozos have said - they get most of their "info" from social media sites ffs.

I very much doubtc that  Wilder would work within our current dof type setup either.
That's exactly what killed Curbishleys carrier.
Hard to throw away millions when you signed the contract and then they effectively changed their mind. Would any of us do that?
(09-01-2023, 01:55 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]That's exactly what killed Curbishleys carrier.

And Souness.Chumps.
If he bought a bag for life he could have just taken it in store and exchanged it for a brand new one, free of charge. What a fool