TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Pompey are fcuking useless
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have absolutely no idea how to break a team down.
Curtis 
Koroma 
Piggott
What the fcuk 
The usual calamitous defending again.
up front was ok, let down by a collective piece of bad defending.
nil nil at half time would have been fine.
But this habit of letting in the first chance is killing our season.

If it were up to me, which it aint, my most important signing in this window would be an old head of a keeper to get the defence organised. Push them up, settle it all down and kick to our wingers if nothing else! Plus we clearly need an extra centre half.
It has to be said that Griffiths has looked very composed under pressure first half.
Up front was ok, are we watching the same game
we look like a team who are really trying but don't quite believe it will work. Time for a few changes.
Why is Curtis still on the pitch, he offers absolutely nothing whatsoever
(10-01-2023, 09:11 PM)TheSyrup Wrote: [ -> ]Why is Curtis still on the pitch, he offers absolutely nothing whatsoever

He offers everyone out on the opposition team, that counts, doesn't it?
Scarlett is shite.Should have passed to Curtis.
Trouble is I've seen Scarlett, Curtis and koroma all described as useless tonight
I guess we can change all three from the bench but only if the replacements are actually fit to play.
It’s why the club needs an experienced manager to grab some of these cvnts by the short and curlies and get them to play.

Curtis could start a row in solitary confinement he needs a kick up the arse.
Changed half the team now. I guess the reality is this squad is mediocre. Still time though!!
They are still trying but the body language in our own box is looking poor now. Heads going down.
Feels like we need a new boss in very much sooner rather than later.
We look dodgy throughout the back line. Every mistake punished
Going forward we have absolutely zero creativity.
Up front we have one striker worthy of the name and he used to play for Accrington!
Disgusting performance all over the pitch, no positives whatsoever.
That’s about it really
Watching on TV you could see we had no belief that we were going to score. That break with Scarlett and Curtis in acres of space was a joke. All Scarlett had to do was look up and pass, it was like watching self destruct. No belief at all. New manager asap ( please not Manning)
Rumour has it Josh was on the bench last night because he's had the snip this week! If that's true then that's got to be a football first ?
We all see the game(s) differently.

From my view we DID have enough good chances to score a couple or more goals - enough to win anyway. We were progressing up the field very well in the 2nd half - that is, until we got within scoring distance. Then panic seems to set in and instead of continuing the pattern of pass and move we ---- well you all saw it. I'd love to know what Ronan said to Mr Scarlett after the game. And, the same can be said about Ronan taking on difficult shots when.....

However, the aggression in the second half was very refreshing - Pompey, hunting in packs and winning second balls quite regularly.
Whoever is in charge Saturday needs to assure them that they do not have to panic/take a speculative shot /or stop running at people in the last third. Do not simulate a pen - earn one - by continuing to pass and move !
(11-01-2023, 09:39 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]We all see the game(s) differently.

From my view we DID have enough good chances to score a couple or more goals - enough to win anyway. We were progressing up the field very well in the 2nd half - that is, until we got within scoring distance. Then panic seems to set in  and instead of continuing the pattern of pass and move we ---- well you all saw it. I'd love to know what Ronan said to Mr Scarlett after the game. And, the same can be said about Ronan taking on difficult shots when.....

However, the aggression in the second half was very refreshing - Pompey, hunting in packs and  winning second balls quite regularly.
Whoever is in charge Saturday needs to assure them that they do not have to panic/take a speculative shot /or stop running at people in the last third. Do not simulate a pen - earn one - by continuing to pass and move !

I have to agree.
I thought they were trying their hardest.
I saw it written somewhere that good strikers see the world in slow motion in the box, wheras we seem to be trying to do everything at max speed so then it just goes wrong. Even last night, Bolton seemed to have mroe time when it mattered.
(11-01-2023, 09:37 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2023, 09:39 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]We all see the game(s) differently.

From my view we DID have enough good chances to score a couple or more goals - enough to win anyway. We were progressing up the field very well in the 2nd half - that is, until we got within scoring distance. Then panic seems to set in  and instead of continuing the pattern of pass and move we ---- well you all saw it. I'd love to know what Ronan said to Mr Scarlett after the game. And, the same can be said about Ronan taking on difficult shots when.....

However, the aggression in the second half was very refreshing - Pompey, hunting in packs and  winning second balls quite regularly.

I have to agree.
I thought they were trying their hardest.
I saw it written somewhere that good strikers see the world in slow motion in the box, wheras we seem to be trying to do everything at max speed so then it just goes wrong. Even last night, Bolton seemed to have mroe time when it mattered.

funnily enough that is pretty much what Pack has said on the OS