TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Josh Oluweyemi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to the News, there will be no new goalkeeper in before tomorrow, so he will be playing. And why not, he's done all right in the PJT. Will he be given a chance before being shipped out as useless, as is the norm at Pompey?
(13-01-2023, 01:09 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]According to the News, there will be no new goalkeeper in before tomorrow, so he will be playing. And why not, he's done all right in the PJT. Will he be given a chance before being shipped out as useless, as is the norm at Pompey?

Deserves his chance, we better offer him a contract extension ASAP.
Pleased for him. The only way he can improve and the only way we can find out if he's going to be good. Better than playing someone's else's goalkeeper IMO (although I concede Bazunu was a proper use of loans).
Quite happy to suffer the odd blip in the process of developing our own youngsters.
Very, very good news Josh deserves his chance - I remember Mr KNIGHT taking over the gloves at 16 from Peter MELLOR - so why NOT ??
(13-01-2023, 01:09 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]According to the News, there will be no new goalkeeper in before tomorrow, so he will be playing. And why not, he's done all right in the PJT. Will he be given a chance before being shipped out as useless, as is the norm at Pompey?

Makes a mockery of cullins' comments in the news earlier week that they had a cunning plan for the goalkeeping situation. Basically there wasn't one. Meanwhile, Cullen 

You've got to start somewhere so why not start here. It was good enough for knighsty etc.

Meanwhile, Cullen continues work towards his ultimate  dream - 1 drinks kiosk for every 10 fans.....
I'm looking forward to trying to pronounce his name after 10 beers. Glad he's getting his big break. Hope he nails it.
I think this will be good for him..He just looks a little small, but that may be because the others Griffiths and the others in back 4 are so tall
(13-01-2023, 03:16 PM)PlymouthGraham Wrote: [ -> ]I think this will be good for him..He just looks a little small, but that may be because the others Griffiths and the others in back 4 are so tall

Your quite right....Josh is only 6ft tall, which is small for a keeper. Although Peter Shilton was the same height...so who knows?
Shay Given was short by goalkeeper standards as well wasn't he? He was a a top keeper for aa good while.
Bartez was short for a keeper
can we sing "he's one of our own"
Not a youth player but at least we own his contract!
Yoshi was 5'11" apparently.

Seemed smaller!
(13-01-2023, 05:45 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]can we sing "he's one of our own"
Not a youth player but at least we own his contract!

Only has 5 months left.
(13-01-2023, 05:53 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]Yoshi was 5'11" apparently.

Seemed smaller!

Always felt for him, he wasn’t a bad keeper and was treated like shit.
(13-01-2023, 04:59 PM)RavoPFC Wrote: [ -> ]Shay Given was short by goalkeeper standards as well wasn't he? He was a a top keeper for aa good while.

He was outstanding a couple of times at Fratton.
Yoshi was fucking pony. He had a cult following because of his ridiculous stature and signing.

Dave Beasant joining, thank fuck for that day
If Josh plays like he has in the cup games, I’ll be highly chuft. More than competent.
"Always felt for him, he wasn’t a bad keeper and was treated like shit".

Was he not in goal when Orient dicked us at home in the F.A. Cup?
(13-01-2023, 06:15 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-01-2023, 05:53 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]Yoshi was 5'11" apparently.

Seemed smaller!

Always felt for him, he wasn’t a bad keeper and was treated like shit.

He was a nice bloke but a dodgy keeper. All the opposition had to do was chip him and he was in all sorts of trouble.

In what way was he treated like shit exactly?
Jordan Pickford is only 6 1" - now what's an inch between friends ?

Wait for it .........
So are we having an experienced keeper then, or what?
(19-01-2023, 09:49 AM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]So are we having an experienced keeper then, or what?

Oluwayemi may not be very experienced but he is older than Bazunu & Griffiths. 

Another keeper will no doubt arrive this month, but surely not before the new head coach is announced.
(19-01-2023, 09:57 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-01-2023, 09:49 AM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]So are we having an experienced keeper then, or what?

Oluwayemi may not be very experienced but he is older than Bazunu & Griffiths. 

Another keeper will no doubt arrive this month, but surely not before the new head coach is announced.

We'll need two new keepers. I'm hearing from my sources Oluwayemi is being lined up for the new head coach
role.
....would be a cheaper option Deep - or a job share ?