TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Wilder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just read the report again about Wilder being interested in managing us. The bottom line “as long as we can convince him of our ambition”. Sadly, I guess he’s not been convinced like the majority of us.
We have ambition... But are trying to achieve this on a mid table budget!.

Our owners will not pay the money for Wilder, and the budget he would want to get us out of this league!..

We will get a Coach, who will have players picked for him via Richard Hughes sporting director!...
The thing I don’t understand is everyone seems to think it’s Manning. Manning is out of work so no compensation/permission needed so I don’t understand why it would take so long. So this raises some questions. 1, are we actually after manning at all. 2, has he turned us down?
(14-01-2023, 12:16 PM)Dibdenblue Wrote: [ -> ]Just read the report again about Wilder being interested in managing us. The bottom line “as long as we can convince him of our ambition”. Sadly, I guess he’s not been convinced like the majority of us.

I have not seen one direct quote from Wilder about the job anywhere. 

The matching ambition bit has been journo speculation, no more than that. 

Wanting to be a manager rather than a head coach is far more likely to be the reason for him not getting the job, even if it is true that he is interested, which to be honest we do not know for sure.
The season we won the Championship with Harry & Jim. We would have spent the most money in the league that season...

If you have a good manager and you back him.... You have much more chance of success... And we are just not doing that, to the level required to get out of this league.

Why would you want the Pompey job??.. You have a team that's not as good as the top teams in the league, who spend more money... And a fan base that rightly so, wants out of this league after a large backing for the last 6 seasons.. Who ever comes in is going to have to achieve something others will be trying to do with far greater resources. So I think it will be someone with nothing to lose!..
Rumour has it we offered it to Manning and could not agree terms.

Explains why he went 9/11 on and then book closed before reopening
We have massively narrowed the field by forcing the manager to work under Hughes. Some will never want to answer to a young upstart with, let’s face it, a limited CV on crucial issues. It’s a clusterfuck. No wonder we can’t find anyone.

Bolton must be tittering. Two free hits for them this week.
If we are going down the cheaper route then its the Hawks manager, Steve Claridge or Guy ?
They say sporting directors gives continuity.... To me I preferred it when you have a fresh start with a new manager, with new Idea's and new players... Not a new coach with the same bloke, picking the same sh*t players!..
."...and new players...." ?

.... sadly, not happening any time soon.
Most teams have a sporting director…
Trouble with our fan base we are stuck in the 1980’s
(14-01-2023, 01:17 PM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]."...and new players...." ?

.... sadly, not happening any time soon.

We’ve already signed one