TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Year on Year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think the owners need to understand that escaping this league - at the right end - is becoming increasingly more difficult year on year.

One only has to examine the bottom end of the Championship to anticipate the look of the Div 1 table this time next season.

Moreover, I anticipate that it will continue ever thus. 

Seemingly the top eight in League One will evolve into a sub-Championship mini league.
The current finances across the leagues encourages yoyo clubs at most levels.
The only way to stop it is to remove parachute payments which would also limit over payment of players
A sensible resolution Hammie but the aforesaid "YO - YO" clubs would die in a ditch to preserve it - thereby retaining all the cash at the top end of the pyramid !
Sunderland's documentary suggested they were throwing £4M a year at it and in the year they finally went up, doubled it
The more I watch American sports where they limit finances and give the lower finishing clubs the pick of the draft, the more i think they have something right. Our football finance are a collective basket case.