TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Get the tin hats on and dig in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Because with the shower of shit we have playing for us, this is going to be the mother of all relegation battles.
Blue army was right all along!
There are no leaders in our team whatsoever, which should concern all of us. What one of the players is going to stand up and take action? Or take a game by the scruff of the neck and do something positive? 

I don’t think we’ve hit rock bottom yet in terms of our performances yet. The worst is yet to come.
Agreed, this is relegation form and these players have shit it
(14-01-2023, 05:17 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]There are no leaders in our team whatsoever, which should concern all of us. What one of the players is going to stand up and take action? Or take a game by the scruff of the neck and do something positive? 

I don’t think we’ve hit rock bottom yet in terms of our performances yet. The worst is yet to come.

Bollocks the size of peas the lot of them and that’s scarey in a relegation battle. At the level we are at you make allowances for a lack of footballing skill but there is no excuse for lack of character.
The new las looked ok in the 15 minutes he had
(14-01-2023, 05:21 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]The new las looked ok in the 15 minutes he had

I'm guessing las was a typo for lad, but bringing the girlies in may not be a bad idea, at the moment.
What worries me is the gradual slide down the table.
We will wonder how the F*ck we slid into the bottom three on the last game of the season when we were top in the early part of the season.
I have seen this happen with so many sides before.
I hope that it does not happen to us.
We need a manager in pronto while the Transfer window is still open.
(14-01-2023, 05:17 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]There are no leaders in our team whatsoever, which should concern all of us. What one of the players is going to stand up and take action? Or take a game by the scruff of the neck and do something positive? 

I might not turn up on Saturday then.
(14-01-2023, 05:40 PM)Cleaver Greene Wrote: [ -> ]What worries me is the gradual slide down the table.
We will wonder how the F*ck we slid into the bottom three on the last game of the season when we were top in the early part of the season.
I have seen this happen with so many sides before.
I hope that it does not happen to us.
We need a manager in pronto while the Transfer window is still open.

Millwall has been discussed on here recently. Went from top in September to being relegated on the last day having only won 2 more league games all season
Maybe time for 11000 season ticket holders not to turn up and laugh when the club announce an attendance of 18k!
Saturday could easily be a big turning point.
New manager
several first teamers back form injury and suspension
new keeper

Really need the fans behind them from first to last though
(14-01-2023, 05:15 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Blue army was right all along!

was it he who said our defense was dodgy from about the 1st of august?
To be honest lads I've given up on these cunts.

I am quite happy to be the worsest Pompey fan on this board but there's more to live for than to turn up and watch this shit every week.

They have my money already of course.
Let's hope those come to fruition next week Hammie
(14-01-2023, 06:07 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Let's hope so Hammie

IF
we finally get Thompson and Pack     probable

Lowery    possible

Right back  possible

Experienced keeper   Hope so

We could suddenly remember why we were all but top of the table. 

and there would be some competition for places on the bench which would help.
(14-01-2023, 06:05 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Saturday could easily be a big turning point.
New manager
new keeper

The fans will get behind them if they try. If they don’t try they’ll get what they deserve, no excuse for a lack of effort.
(14-01-2023, 06:14 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-01-2023, 06:05 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Saturday could easily be a big turning point.
New manager
new keeper

The fans will get behind them if they try. If they don’t try they’ll get what they deserve, no excuse for a lack of effort.

totally agree about effort.
I think we'll see that. But they need a new loud voice to get them organised.
AND
if we have any of our own younger pros playing especially in goal, they will need our support whatever happens.
Of course we might not have a manager by then and still have mr inspiring running the team! We might have Steward in goal the way this club is being run.. actually we might have a steward in goal and other stewards playing in defence..can’t be worse than Raggett and Morrison! Lose Saturday and I can see demonstrations on the pitch after or in Frogmore rd. Robertson our with another injury for a few months. In 50 years I have never felt such total apathy/ anger towards the club. Today’s shambles just made me laugh and I suddenly realised I hardly cared that we were losing again.
One positive note... Morrison might be going to Cambridge. That would help our relegation fight!
(14-01-2023, 06:26 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Of course we might not have a manager by then and still have mr inspiring running the team! We might have Steward in goal the way this club is being run.. actually we might have a steward in goal and other stewards playing in defence..can’t be worse than Raggett and Morrison! Lose Saturday and I can see demonstrations on the pitch after or in Frogmore rd. Robertson our with another injury for a few months. In 50 years I have never felt such total apathy/ anger towards the club. Today’s shambles just made me laugh and I suddenly realised I hardly cared that we were losing again.

Gregory? Fenwick? It’s really not that bad right now, just shit results and performances.
(14-01-2023, 06:18 PM)UHammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-01-2023, 06:14 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
New manager
new keeper

totally agree about effort.
I think we'll see that. But they need a new loud voice to get them organised.
AND
if we have any of our own younger pros playing especially in goal, they will need our support whatever happens.
Just back from the game. A near one as I now live in Liverpool. I understand the frustrations, but the support today wasn’t helping the players: Cheering shots and chanting, “We are embarrassing” is hardly support. It wasn’t pretty & Bolton weren’t great, just very direct and well drilled. Whereas we have a team full of players with little or no confidence and no leadership. The new lad showed up and could probably keep Morrison out of the side. Morrell did well and showed some quality, but that was about it. Felt sorry for our young keeper who was thrown in at the worst possible time. 

We need to get a manager appointed urgently, drifting with Shirley at the helm (nice bloke though he is) isn’t an option.
perhaps we need to announce that officially we are in a relegation fight.
Back when we had few STs when crowds dipped to tenK and below we often got the best support for the team as the moaners stayed at home.

At some time we collectively have to put the moaning to one side and really try and help the players, at least until the final whistle!
It’s that bad no question. Worst I have experienced without being in a state of financial ruin in over 50 years. Worse than Fenwick for sure. We even won at Leeds under him. I have lost faith in the club. The only difference now is we have 16k regular fans who are suffering whereas it used to be far less.
(14-01-2023, 06:43 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]It’s that bad no question. Worst I have experienced without being in a state of financial ruin in over 50 years. Worse than Fenwick for sure. We even won at Leeds under him. I have lost faith in the club. The only difference now is we have 16k regular fans who are suffering whereas it used to be far less.

Is el Tel around to come and give the coach a pointer or two

Mind you playing our strikers on the wing and our wingers in the middle might work better!
Pages: 1 2