TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: another training injury or two
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Suggests the incoming manager/coach will not really want to keep the existing team of coaches, possibly even the medical staff that let them train while still recovering.
(14-01-2023, 08:43 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Suggests the incoming manager/coach will not really want to keep the existing team of coaches, possibly even the medical staff that let them train while still recovering.

Yeah, go, and take your wheelbarrows, buckets & sponges with you  Dodgy
Take Clark Robertson as an example, he has only played  just over 100 games in the last 4.5 seasons for PFC &  Rotherham due to injury issues.

With c50 games per season the maximum he would have played would have been c225 games  so he has only played  in  c45% of all games.

Wtf did we ever sign such a crock & then make such an introverted character captain ffs ?
I'd forgotten that Cowley had a belief that his medical team could correct some of the long term injuries.
Seemed to work with thompson but not the others I guess
(14-01-2023, 10:15 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]Take Clark Robertson as an example, he has only played  just over 100 games in the last 4.5 seasons for PFC &  Rotherham due to injury issues.

With c50 games per season the maximum he would have played would have been c225 games  so he has only played  in  c45% of all games.

Wtf did we ever sign such a crock & then make such an introverted character captain ffs ?

We signed him to replace Jack, because he was too injury prone.
The situation with Rafferty and Lowery is baffling. 

Especially Lowery. How can a grade one hamstring tear result in an absence of some four months aside from that cameo against Hereford? I remember on an amateur level getting these injuries in my 20s and it took a few weeks to get back to full stretching capacity. Into my 40s and 50s it took 2-3 months to heal. This is a young, professional athlete with a summer's pre-season behind him and a rehab team to support his recovery. This is not a compex, ligamental injury involving delicate cartilages, it's a hamstring. By comparison, Louis Thompson broke his leg and has returned faster.

Maybe it will turn out to be fortuitous in that he has not been a part of the present shambles of performances and he will bring some stability when...make that IF... he returns to the side.
Just wondered if there is a comparison between 'training injuries' early season when we were swanning at the top, against the current/continued run of the same ?
(15-01-2023, 08:29 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]The situation with Rafferty and Lowery is baffling. 

Especially Lowery. How can a grade one hamstring tear result in an absence of some four months aside from that cameo against Hereford? I remember on an amateur level getting these injuries in my 20s and it took a few weeks to get back to full stretching capacity. Into my 40s and 50s it took 2-3 months to heal. This is a young, professional athlete with a summer's pre-season behind him and a rehab team to support his recovery. This is not a compex, ligamental injury involving delicate cartilages, it's a hamstring. By comparison, Louis Thompson broke his leg and has returned faster.

Maybe it will turn out to be fortuitous in that he has not been a part of the present shambles of performances and he will bring some stability when...make that IF... he returns to the side.

A grade 1 is basically a muscle strain with no tearing so I'm as confused as you as to why Lowery's not been seen since the start of November.  The wrong rehab (not that a muscle strain needs much rehab) could have caused a setback but nothing is ever really heard from the club other than news that a player's been injured, so he could have had a full limb amputation for all we know!

I only scudded around non league for a few years so am no physio expert but even back then in the days of trainers with a bucket and sponge, strains and pulls were dealt with reasonably promptly.
(14-01-2023, 10:15 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]Take Clark Robertson as an example, he has only played  just over 100 games in the last 4.5 seasons for PFC &  Rotherham due to injury issues.

We signed him to replace Jack, because he was too injury prone
Deja vu