TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Still no manager then
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Tin pot
Perhaps the potential candidates are staying well clear, and who could blame then with no transfer budget and no ambition from the owners? They realise they'd be on a career damaging hiding to nothing.
Our new manager will be Grant McCann after arriving in Pompey.

Manning has fallen through.

Expect McCann to be named manager within the next 48 hours.
Is he Albert's boy?
(15-01-2023, 02:42 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Our new manager will be Grant McCann after arriving in Pompey.

Welcome back Barmy. You must be ecstatic to have been proved right about the failings of this team, defence in particular.
Something of an up and down track record, but, in the circumstances, not too bad.

Let's hope he goes with 4-4-2 Oluwayemi; Swanson, Towler, Raggett, Ogilvie; Hackett, Thompson, Morrell, Curtis; Bishop, Pigott.
(15-01-2023, 02:42 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Our new manager will be Grant McCann after arriving in Pompey.

Is this a wind up? What makes you so sure it will be Grant McCann? He may have been seen in Pompey, but perhaps it was just for an interview rather than actually being offered the deal?

How come the Manning deal fell through? I can’t see how we were unable to agree terms with a young, relatively inexperienced unemployed manager? The opportunity to be head coach of Pompey would have been his biggest appointment to date.
(15-01-2023, 03:05 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Is this a wind up? What makes you so sure it will be Grant McCann? He may have been seen in Pompey, but perhaps it was just for an interview rather than actually being offered the deal?

How come the Manning deal fell through? I can’t see how we were unable to agree terms with a young, relatively inexperienced unemployed manager? The opportunity to be head coach of Pompey would have been his biggest appointment to date.

That's the problem though, one look at the league 1 table and we are no longer seen as "a big appointment".

if he signed with us he lost the huge payoff for Wigan appointing him and then sacking him.
Think Terry McCann and Arthur Daley would do a better job !!
Sadly I think you are right. We’re not as big as we think we are. As I said in another thread, we’re fast becoming the Everton of League 1.
Whoever we appoint, the performances cannot get much worse, so not a bad time to take over.
Especially as we have some half decent players and some younger players who are ready to step up
(15-01-2023, 03:50 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]

if he signed with us he lost the huge payoff for Wigan appointing him and then sacking him.

Manning was never at Wigan though?
Manning has never worked for Wigan at least Grant McCan knows what it takes to win promotion from this league and I thought it was very harsh when he got sacked from Hull 

However his name hasn’t been mentioned before so where has this come from?
(15-01-2023, 04:19 PM)JamesPLewis Wrote: [ -> ]Manning has never worked for Wigan at least Grant McCan knows what it takes to win promotion from this league and I thought it was very harsh when he got sacked from Hull 

Included in the betting some time in the week, 16/1 shot with Bv   Manning still 4/5 fav, Foster 3.1  Darrell Clarke 6.1
(15-01-2023, 04:19 PM)JamesPLewis Wrote: [ -> ]Manning has never worked for Wigan at least Grant McCan knows what it takes to win promotion from this league and I thought it was very harsh when he got sacked from Hull 

lost track of who's who now, manning ? and all the rest. Just make a decision now.
Wilder will go to Cardiff now

Not gone for it yourself then Lawrie or are you still living off those coins thrown at Mick Dennis?
As I know who Blue Army is I can assure you lot that he undoubtably  still has many  very good connections in professional football.

So much so that I have just put £15 on Grant McCann at 16/1 with Bet Victor.

p.s.Bet Vict³or have given me £30 in free bets for opening an account to use over the next week so even if doesn't come off I'm sure I can get my £15 back.
(15-01-2023, 02:44 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]

Welcome back Barmy. You must be ecstatic to have been proved right about the failings of this team, defence in particular.

Thank you. Anyone with any football knowledge could see this squad were never going to get promotion this season.

McCann will be a good appointment. He will get us promotion in time but this season is a write off. He takes no nonsense and will give our players a kick up the ar**.
I hope you are right I’ve put 15 pound on it lol

Anyway I agree with you he is just what we need
5/2 2nd fav McCann now
(15-01-2023, 06:16 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]5/2 2nd fav McCann now

Fantastic. ............ that I got 16/1 an hour ago  Big Grin

Must be lots of money being loaded on it.
Reminds me of many trying to get a bet on 'Arry to return for the 2nd time. G-100 reminded me that some lost their cash when Mandaric changed his mind about Warnock coming here though
(15-01-2023, 04:53 PM)Ain’t got a Danny Wrote: [ -> ]Not gone for it yourself then Lawrie or are you still living off those coins thrown at Mick Dennis?

You definitely "Ain't got a Danny" you are miles off the mark moosh  Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4