TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: John Coleman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A Manager I would definitely be looking at... Knows how to find talent in the lower leagues on a shoe string, always punches above his weight. Season after season, even when he has had his best players sold to bigger fish.

Let him be one of the big fish and build a squad to challenge for the league!.
But could he do that?
He's comfortable in doing what he is. That doesn't translate to the pressure here
At Accrington there is little pressure and his stock is high.

Lose a couple of games at a big league one club and the pressure is on.

At his age I don't think he would want the pressure of managing a big club.
Trouble is that he is very much northern based, using his contacts to bring in young rejects fromthe Manchester Clubs especially.
We need his southern equivalent.
Koroma is the latest in a long long list of lower league northerners who came down here, got homesick and under performed. Cook talked about that problem at length as lower league shorter contracts and lower wages make moving their families a problem.

The likes of Foster who have worked with younger players at a high level seem a good alternative, hopefully!.
(15-01-2023, 07:30 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]At Accrington there is little pressure and his stock is high.

Hardly a ‘couple of games’ is it?
I want us to spend big as much as the next Pompey fan, but it's just not going to happen. So I think if we are going to have to find true value. I can't see anyone better then this man.

We are going to take a punt on someone cheap.. And I think he is worth more then a shout!. Time to let him keep his best players and show what he can build!.
(15-01-2023, 07:33 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-01-2023, 07:30 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]At Accrington there is little pressure and his stock is high.

Hardly a ‘couple of games’ is it?

No its not.

My point is in this league especially a Pompey manager cannot lose a couple of games in a row without being under pressure.
He has Tommy Leigh a Pompey boy on his books, and had Matt Butcher last season also from Pompey..
So I think his network is a bit bigger then you think.
No experience of managing a big club
No experience of managing a fanbase with expectations 
No experience of spending a big budget wisely 
No experience of living anywhere other than the north 
No more than one FL promotion in 25 years of management

No thanks.
(15-01-2023, 07:37 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]He has Tommy Leigh a Pompey boy on his books, and had Matt Butcher last season also from Pompey..
So I think his network is a bit bigger then you think.

fair comment

Surprising too
(15-01-2023, 07:38 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]No experience of managing a big club
No experience of managing a fanbase with expectations 
No experience of spending a big budget wisely 
No experience of living anywhere other than the north 
No more than one FL promotion in 25 years of management

No thanks.

No experience of managing a big club....... Not many of the people who have been linked with our club have!.... And he is older so will not be fazed

No experience of managing a fanbase with expectations...Not many of the people who have been linked with our club have!.

No experience of spending a big budget wisely.... No he has done even better, he has done it on a shoe string!.

No experience of living anywhere other than the north..... Time to enjoy some southern sunshine!..

No more than one FL promotion in 25 years of management.... No but he has keeps a team punching well above it's weight.
Oi Pick' Mix you dozy bozo - keep up with what is going on in other threads ffs.

Grant McCann has gone from 16/1 to 7/4 favourite in the last 2.5 hours - doesn't that tell you something - you need a couple of Covid jabs in your arse to knock some sense in to you Big Grin Big Grin !!
On bet victor Grant Mcann is now 1/2
John Coleman is no doubt doing a great job at Accy. But as others have rather bluntly pointed out,he probably isn't a good fit for Pompey.

If we were all Blackpool fans in need of a manager, he would probably be near the top of the list of candidates.
(15-01-2023, 07:49 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]Oi Pick' Mix you dozy bozo - keep up with what is going on in other threads ffs.

Grant McCann has gone from 16/1 to 7/4 favourite in the last 2.5 hours - doesn't that tell you something - you need a couple of Covid jabs in your arse to knock some sense in to you Big Grin Big Grin !!

Wanker!....Wink

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb...ch-3990799

Is it convid jab liquid that comes out!.. Mr 8 Jabs!.LMFAO