TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Still waiting....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Time moves on and still no announcement on the next Pompey manager and it's only 72 hours until our next game.
Plenty of us will have a theory as to why this is taking so long, particularly as we seem to be mainly concentrating on a queue made up of people sacked in the last eighteen months.
Could it be simply because we can't make our mind up or, more likely, in my view, no genuine candidates are interested once they've had a chance to examine the mangerial set-up under the Eisners, the terms and conditions, working under a Director of Football, the derisory playing budget, our position in the league and our current form.
Answers on a postcard (don't worry you'll have plenty of time) please.
(18-01-2023, 04:01 PM)blueandwight Wrote: [ -> ]Time moves on and still no announcement on the next Pompey manager and it's only 72 hours until our next game.
Plenty of us will have a theory as to why this is taking so long, particularly as we seem to be mainly concentrating on a queue made up of people sacked in the last eighteen months.
Could it be simply because we can't make our mind up or, more likely, in my view, no genuine candidates are interested once they've had a chance to examine the mangerial set-up under the Eisners, the terms and conditions, working under a Director of Football, the derisory playing budget, our position in the league and our current form.
Answers on a postcard (don't worry you'll have plenty of time) please.

How do you know who has been interviewed?

Final interviews were only completed yesterday so I doubt anyone has been offered it let alone turned it down.

I very much doubt they would have only told them about the set up and terms in the final interview so I think you are way off the mark.

They have a process and they are following it.

There’s no big conspiracy and I am sure recommendations were either made to the board last night or will be today.
Wow and again Wow - just seen it Blackpuddle been manageress for about ONE HOUR !

Now why the concern .

Que sera sera
How many amounts of 48 hours did they say?
They didn’t say 48 hours, the snooze did.
I do really hope we see an announcement tomorrow, although new managers normally don't try and change much til after watching a game or at least the first half. In which case it doesn't much matter if we don't appoint til Saturday morning.
Would be nice to be a bit sooner and have a couple of interesting signings ready to add to the squad for Saturday though.
(18-01-2023, 07:32 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]They didn’t say 48 hours, the snooze did.

Same thing from Andrew Moon. I wonder who put that idea in their heads :p
just looking at past appointments, Tuesday morning is quite common. They mentioned it while trying to find something to chat about as the team fell apart at Bolton.
With no training session on Friday, the appointment seems too late now to have any impact on Saturday which is a big disappointment. The Exeter game seems a great opportunity to stop the rot before two tricky away games.
Does anything surprise us anymore ?

Answers on a ( used) postage stamp.