TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Cook to Ipswich?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seems like the yanks taking over at Portman Road want Cookies services. Hopefully too late to affect the top 6 place.
(26-02-2021, 03:21 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like the yanks taking over at Portman Road want Cookies services. Hopefully too late to affect the top 6 place.

Not too late for anyone in the top half to do anything .... still nearly 40% of the season to be played. 

Ipswich are one of the teams you would have to fear if they sorted their problems out.
It will be too late if Lambert stays in charge lol. Hopefully the takeover happens too late in the season for Cook to make a difference.

Hopefully Lambert knowing his days are numbered will have a urther detrimental impact on their results.
Looks like Cookie's having to lower his sights. Said he only want a Championship job a few months ago.
Would be a good job to take on right now I would think. A decent sized club with a decent ground, probably at the bottom of their curve now. Their debts about to be paid off by the outgoing owner. He could be a hero with a season or two to get them promoted. Or of course he could hit the bad job that all managers seem to get after a few successes.
I'm sure Cook once said only Liverpool could prise him away from Pompey.
As long as I am wanted here, Liverpool are the only club who could prise me away from Pompey is what he said. And then the trust gave Wigan permission to talk to him. They must have needed the compo.
Cook never seemed a fit for the eisner's way of working. Kenny is quieter, unlikely to be seen out drinking in a local pub etc etc
Blackpool and MK Dons are two to watch, sneaking up slowly. Blackpool 3 games in hand.
(27-02-2021, 05:01 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Blackpool and MK Dons are two to watch, sneaking up slowly. Blackpool 3 games in hand.

I think people are writing Ipswich off too soon. Two out of their last three defeats were to Peterborough. The other one was Sunderland. I would consider Ipswich a big club at this level, the sort of Club the big time Charlies at Sunderland can raise their game for.

Their current form is looking very positive. And they have a 4 point advantage over Blackpool. And we have to play them in a couple of weeks. That could be a game where one point is realistically a good result.
Cooks now been appointed. Cue late charge from the tractor boyz