TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: 17 fcuking days
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And all they come up with is some dinlo from Oxford, there has got to be more to this.
The septics are either clueless, don’t give a fook or both. But hey, at least we got some new toilets!
Get a grip...
(19-01-2023, 06:29 PM)TheSyrup Wrote: [ -> ]And all they come up with is some dinlo from Oxford, there has got to be more to this.

I think it’s the Eisners wanting to take us out of the league, into admin and then selling FP to Hitler.
Don’t think they’ve got any concept about this club and English football in general
I wonder if all the others listened to what was on offer and told them to fcuk off.
I still can’t believe it s taken 17 days to get to this.
The club is rotten to the core, it used to be a real fcuking ordeal coming to Pompey for players and particularly the fans of other clubs.
Not anymore.
What a total shambles. So after seventeen days of faffing around it looks like we are about to appoint an unproven manager with no experience and very little chance of recruiting anybody decent enough for a promotion push. Watch the scramble for free transfers and loans that no one wants over the next 12 days. We can’t even announce this new appointment properly. What an absolute joke.

Blackpool sack and hire a new manager within 24 hours and as a result we may now lose Owen Dale.

I think we can finally say the Eisners have been playing us all along. Their continual lack of ambition or backing in the transfer market is plain to see. Promotion has never been on the menu.

League 2 here we come
(19-01-2023, 07:04 PM)Bedhamptonblue69 Wrote: [ -> ]Don’t think they’ve got any concept about this club and English football in general

I've been saying that for ages. They're just ambivalent to Pompey.
(19-01-2023, 07:14 PM)Dibdenblue Wrote: [ -> ]What a total shambles. So after seventeen days of faffing around it looks like we are about to appoint an unproven manager with no experience and very little chance of recruiting anybody decent enough for a promotion push. Watch the scramble for free transfers and loans that no one wants over the next 12 days. We can’t even announce this new appointment properly. What an absolute joke.

Blackpool sack and hire a new manager within 24 hours and as a result we may now lose Owen Dale.

I think we can finally say the Eisners have been playing us all along. Their continual lack of ambition or backing in the transfer market is plain to see. Promotion has never been on the menu.

League 2 here we come

The window for Dale to be recalled has been and gone.

The club haven’t announced him at all, what’s properly? Fireworks? Disco lights?

What proven manager were you hoping for?

Perhaps if Blackpool took their time a bit they wouldn’t have such an abysmal record of appointing managers.
(19-01-2023, 06:48 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-01-2023, 06:29 PM)TheSyrup Wrote: [ -> ]And all they come up with is some dinlo from Oxford, there has got to be more to this.

I think it’s the Eisners wanting to take us out of the league, into admin and then selling FP to Hitler.

Why would they sell to a corpse? More than likely to sell to a developer should they sell and that’s more worrying.
(19-01-2023, 06:41 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]The septics are either clueless, don’t give a fook or both. But hey, at least we got some new toilets!

They will have had no involvement in the appointment process beyond endorsing Cullen's recommendation. 

They don't run the club, they just own it, and employ people to run it.
(19-01-2023, 07:38 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-01-2023, 06:41 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]The septics are either clueless, don’t give a fook or both. But hey, at least we got some new toilets!

They will have had no involvement in the appointment process beyond endorsing Cullen's recommendation. 

Do you live in their spare bedroom? “Endorsing” it is agreeing with it, so as much as you defend them, you can’t on this one.

You can say it a million times a day but it just doesn’t sink in with people.
Especially if you say they don't make decisions like this one. They're board decisions.
(19-01-2023, 08:50 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

You can say what? The management team will do the seeking. They will have done so having been told what wages they can offer. They will then go back with a name that the owners will say yes to. What part of it is the owners pulling the strings and making the decisions don’t you understand?
(19-01-2023, 09:03 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-01-2023, 08:50 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

You can say what? The management team will do the seeking. They will have done so having been told what wages they can offer. They will then go back with a name that the owners will say yes to. What part of it is the owners pulling the strings and making the decisions don’t you understand?

Lol I have got time to tell you a million times, enjoy your protest.
G100, you've always seemed a sensible poster until the fiasco of the last 3 weeks. I can't help but wonder, are you in some way being paid by the club to express your views?
(19-01-2023, 09:38 PM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]G100, you've always seemed a sensible poster until the fiasco of the last 3 weeks. I can't help but wonder, are you in some way being paid by the club to express your views?

I wouldn’t think many would agree with you. Yes that’s right, the club are paying me, they really see this board as central to the fan base, especially Mikey who hasn’t been to FP in 20 years.

What about it has been a fiasco? They said 3 weeks ago there would be a process and they’ve followed it as far as anyone is aware, haven’t they?

The trouble is people believe a bookies odds is who the club were considering or someone possibly connected to Wilder not saying no to something he knows nothing about as being he is definitely interested in the job.