TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: What must the players be thinking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So some chump who can't get into the Oxford team, has never even managed a team before and never played above L1 level, is going to be telling the likes of Morrell and Pack how to play football. 

What the fuck is going on here...
Your guess is as good as mine . But it’s got Disney productions written all over it
If I'd known the bar was that low, I'd have had a go myself.
The manager doesn’t tell the players ‘how to play football’, having got to play in the professional game it is assumed that they already know how to do that.

The job of the coach is to develop tactics and to motivate the players.

He has played a lot of games and he has captained Preston, so he does have a lot of experience at this level. I’m sure most of the players are mature enough to work with him. 

The new bloke has more playing experience than the Cowleys, so he might command more respect.

He deserves a chance at least.
What are the players thinking?
What happened to the great Pompey fans we were told about.
Maybe he'll be appointed, maybe he won't.
No doubt they are thinking similar to the Bournemouth players when an unknown called harry Redknapp was appointed, or a generation or three later an injured player called Howe.
(19-01-2023, 08:10 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]The manager doesn’t tell the players ‘how to play football’, having got to play in the professional game it is assumed that they already know how to do that.

He has played a lot of games and he has captained Preston, so he does have a lot of experience at this level. I’m sure most of the players are mature enough to work with him. 

The new bloke has more playing experience than the Cowleys, so he might command more respect.

Comparing him to the Cowleys is like comparing him to some bloke with an opinion down the pub ffs
(19-01-2023, 07:37 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]So some chump who can't get into the Oxford team...

Peds, you are writing that after having knocked back ten pints of Staggersaurus aren't you?!  The reason he can't get into the Oxford team is because of long term injuries, ffs.  Add some context to your posts, mush.

You're getting your knickers in a twist when you simply don't know whether Mousinho will fail or succeed, yet you've written him off already because he's not a big enough name for you.  Well, Eddie Howe, Steve Cooper, Steve Schumacher and Kieran McKenna to name just four people didn't play above L1 for the majority of their playing careers but it hasn't done them much harm has it?  Oh, there's some chancer called Klopp who played lower league in Germany too.  Someone had to give them all their first opportunity.

Sit back, relax and let it play out.  If we end up losing every game between now and the end of the season then fair enough, have yourself a moan about it all, but give the guy a chance!
If we could have appointed a Dog into the role, we would've.
(19-01-2023, 08:33 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]If we could have appointed a Dog into the role, we would've.

Or a parrot, probably a dead parrot.
(19-01-2023, 08:15 PM)farq2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-01-2023, 08:10 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]The manager doesn’t tell the players ‘how to play football’, having got to play in the professional game it is assumed that they already know how to do that.

Comparing him to the Cowleys is like comparing him to some bloke with an opinion down the pub ffs

Well the Cowleys have managed Lincoln, Huddersfield and Pompey.

I don’t know what pub you go to ffs  Smile .
(19-01-2023, 08:33 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]If we could have appointed a Dog into the role, we would've.

Just don't let Rosie near the transfer fund though, she's rubbish with money.
(19-01-2023, 08:35 PM)farq2 Wrote: [ -> ]

Norwegian Blue ?
(19-01-2023, 08:37 PM)Bedhamptonblue69 Wrote: [ -> ]

Norwegian Blue ?

Norwegian blue,beautiful plumage
(19-01-2023, 08:36 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]

I'd sooner have had pub bloke, than the cowleys in charge of us in all fairness.
We went for experience and a ‘winner’ and Danny Cowley was fucking awful, the absolute reason why we are where we are is Danny Cowley.
Jose Mourinho played at a low level as did Arsen Wenger & they didn't do too badly. Conversely many great/good players have been sh!t managers/coaches ....

In fact the game is littered with great & good coaches who weren't that much as players.

The owners/ceo rightly or wrongly think dof & head coach are the way to go - they own/run the club.

This guy obviously has something about him being head of the PFA, captain of several teams  & completing all his coaching badges.

If it is John Mousinho who is appointed chief coach , we all need to get behind the team & give him full support to get out of the mess we are in.

Oh & this carp about him being the cheap option - if DC/NC were on £350k a year between them & we can get this guy for £175k, that is extra money for the  player budget.
(19-01-2023, 08:45 PM)farq2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-01-2023, 08:36 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]

I'd sooner have had pub bloke, than the cowleys in charge of us in all fairness.

Me too  Smile .
As usual, they will just be proud to be wearing the shirt.

As long as it was a mongrel as we wouldn’t pay out for a pedigree
Is this official???

If so, welcome to Portsmouth John, I'm sure you're big enough and ugly enough to ignore the whingeing fannies, do your best that's all we can ask.
Let's keep an open mind for the moment. 
Watch the press conference, listen to the club's reasons for choosing him and hear his plans.
Then let's look at what he does next week before Fleetwood and Peterborough.
We'll know soon enough how flawed or inspired this appointment is.
Being the head of the PFA he should already have the respect of the players it will just be if he can get the authority over them. That’s why his assistant is as bigger appointment.
(19-01-2023, 08:43 PM)farq2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-01-2023, 08:37 PM)Bedhamptonblue69 Wrote: [ -> ]

Norwegian Blue ?

Norwegian blue,beautiful plumage

as long as its blue, that's alright by me
Hammie suggested :
"What are the players thinking?
What happened to the great Pompey fans we were told about.
Maybe he'll be appointed, maybe he won't.
No doubt they are thinking similar to the Bournemouth players when an unknown called harry Redknapp was appointed, or a generation or three later an injured player called Howe."

Indeed Hammie, I think it is wise to rise above the clamour and to give the man a chance, seemingly a man with talent in coaching, and recognised leadership qualities.
Shall we give him a chance - or try to discredit him from ground zero ?