TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Rookie Managers.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In my lifetime of supporting Pompey the number of rookie Managers who have been successful at the club has been a big fat zero. The law of averages suggests that someone is going to break the mould  but I'm not sure that this fella, who  I had never heard of until this morning, is going to be the one. A couple of early defeats and it's going to get ugly for Cullen , Hughes and the absent owners. Really hope I am  wrong and it proves to be a masterstroke but something tells me otherwise.
The very large point that a lot seem to have missed is that:
Yes, out of every crop of new managers, maybe one is going to be excellent, some are going to be average and a lot are going to be shit. When you start out doing a job, it's almost guaranteed that you are going to be worse at it than when you have years of experience.

Not only do we have no idea how good this manager will be, the odds are vastly stacked against us that he will not be good enough to get us promoted.

It's the footballing equivalent of purchasing a £1 scratchcard to pay the rent becaus we don't want to pay the £5 minimum to put it on red or black.
(19-01-2023, 11:59 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]The very large point that a lot seem to have missed is that:
Yes, out of every crop of new managers, maybe one is  going to be excellent, some are going to be average and a lot are going to be shit. When you start out doing a job, it's almost guaranteed that you are going to be worse at it than when you have years of experience.

Not only do we have no idea how good this manager will be, the odds are vastly stacked against us that he will not be good enough to get us promoted.

It's the footballing equivalent of purchasing a £1 scratchcard to pay the rent becaus we don't want to pay the £5 minimum to put it on red or black.

If you put £5 on red or black you’ll on get £10 if you win which is still not enough to pay the rent