TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Matt Macey signing on loan confirmed ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Goalkeeper from Luton coming in...not yet confirmed?

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sourc...att-macey/
(20-01-2023, 11:17 AM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]Goalkeeper from Luton coming in...not yet confirmed?

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sourc...att-macey/

Interesting one, not a lot of game time for a 28 year old and haven’t seen the best reviews of him.

Be interesting to see if he is 1st choice or backup to Josh.
He played for Plymouth Argyle here in Sept 2018 when we won 3.0 (Curtis x 2 and Jamal scored)
Are we sure we don't want to go and see if a local non league cricket wicket keeper fancies a go at stepping up to football goalkeeping first? Especially if they are say, a natural leader and seem like a nice person?
(20-01-2023, 11:56 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Are we sure we don't want to go and see if a local non league cricket wicket keeper fancies a go at stepping up to football goalkeeping first? Especially if they are say, a natural leader and seem like a nice person?

That made me laugh … but sadly it doesn’t sound far from the truth
(20-01-2023, 11:44 AM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]He played for Plymouth Argyle here in Sept 2018 when we won 3.0 (Curtis x 2 and Jamal scored)

Letting in goals from Curtis (when he was good) and Jamal Lowe is not to be ashamed of.
Played for hibs last season got a good amount of game time then a championship side have signed him so can’t be all that bad surely
(20-01-2023, 12:15 PM)kindofblue Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-01-2023, 11:44 AM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]He played for Plymouth Argyle here in Sept 2018 when we won 3.0 (Curtis x 2 and Jamal scored)

Letting in goals from Curtis (when he was good) and Jamal Lowe is not to be ashamed of.

I never said it was, just pointing out he has played here. I recalled the name and knew I'd seen him before. He will know Swanson from his time at Arsenall for sure
I know it's a different dynamic for keepers as opposed to outfield players but I imagine there's a very good reason why Macey has played fewer career games than Josh Griffiths, a player seven years younger than him.
Just confirmed Matt Macey  in on loan  on Official Site !!
Another goalkeeper in on loan. I was hoping that Josh O would be given a go before getting somebody in.
Blues boss John Mousinho said: “Matt is a real leader and that’s so important as a goalkeeper – I’ve been so impressed by his manner.

“He wants to come and play for this football club, which is a great thing when you’re bringing loans in.

“Having watched some of his previous games, he’s an outstanding shot-stopper and a massive presence in the goal.

“I believe he can boost our squad and help us move to the next level, so we’re excited to have him at Pompey.”

oh fuck... does this sound like Cowley speak to you??
(20-01-2023, 11:59 AM)MiltonPFC Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-01-2023, 11:56 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Are we sure we don't want to go and see if a local non league cricket wicket keeper fancies a go at stepping up to football goalkeeping first? Especially if they are say, a natural leader and seem like a nice person?

That made me laugh … but sadly it doesn’t sound far from the truth

Only if they "get" us.
(20-01-2023, 08:30 PM)pushbike_pete_PFC Wrote: [ -> ]Blues boss John Mousinho said: “Matt is a real leader and that’s so important as a goalkeeper – I’ve been so impressed by his manner.

“He wants to come and play for this football club, which is a great thing when you’re bringing loans in.

“Having watched some of his previous games, he’s an outstanding shot-stopper and a massive presence in the goal.

“I believe he can boost our squad and help us move to the next level, so we’re excited to have him at Pompey.”

oh fuck... does this sound like Cowley speak to you??

More worryingly it sounds like Cullen speak.
Can't understand the positive spinners on this. Sure he may get a short term lift just by not being Cowley. And as long as the players are in danger of being shipped out in the transfer window. When that's all over at the start of Feb, and we go into a downward spiral , I feel sorry for the poor bloke.
(20-01-2023, 09:20 PM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]Can't understand the positive spinners on this. Sure he may get a short term lift just by not being Cowley. And as long as the players are in danger of being shipped out in the transfer window. When that's all over at the start of Feb, and we go into a downward spiral , I feel sorry for the poor bloke.

Who? Matt Macey?
(20-01-2023, 08:04 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]Just confirmed Matt Macey  in on loan  on Official Site !!

Did this win you £8?
From a Hibs fan:

"He certainly had his moments. Saved a penalty in a Scottish Cup final but I was never totally convinced. Not a bad shot-stopper but just thought there was a mistake waiting to happen. At 6'7" he really should be dominating the box, which I never felt he did convincingly. Apart from Plymouth (34) and Hibs (35) he hasn't played a lot. Good luck!".

So.....nothing to see here, move along!
(20-01-2023, 09:57 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-01-2023, 08:04 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]Just confirmed Matt Macey  in on loan  on Official Site !!

Did this win you £8?

Nah, I just won £10 on SheffUtd/Burnley win  &  £10 on Burnley Nathan Tella 1 Shot & 1 Shot On Target.

Anyway Scumlover why you asking, do you want a loan to supplement your meagre minimum burger flippers wage. 

If so you can FRO. .....
Cowley would have got a line in about blaming the ref.
If he dominates the box and his defence that would be a huge step forward. Fingers crossed.
Sounds like he made an excellent start to his time at Pompey. Let's hope he keeps it up!
Looks a lot better than Griffith's and this is only his first game.
Made a great start, keep that up and maybe we could make it permanent at the end of the season.
Agree with last posters, he was excellent, and that's after having had just one training session to get to know his defenders.
Pages: 1 2