TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Griffiths not even on bench for West Brom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Surprised the Baggies recalled him if he's their 3rd choice keeper. Presume another loan's on the cards for him?
Could well be, he wasn't on the bench either when they won at Luton last Saturday.
Probably because he’s shit?
Probably because they don’t want our boo boys ruining their young prospect and would rather he develops in more secure surroundings.
He’ll probably have a good career in the football league. He’s a very good shot stopper who needs to work on his command of the area and perhaps decision-making. He worked hard on his distribution and definitely improved. How he can be written off as shit at 21 is beyond me. Keepers tend to last at least three or four years longer than outfield players and tend to get better with age. It’ll be interesting to see if he’s shit as you say in 5 or even 10 years time. The other Josh, Olí, started really well with Pompey with some excellent saves in the Mickey Mouse cup but came down to earth with a bump with a mistake that cost a goal in his first league appearance in front of a full Fratton. A goalkeeper’ s job is often thankless. How many mistakes do outfield players make during a match? The keeper can make one and he’s had a terrible game. Hopefully Olí can put that behind him and move on. I don’t think he’ll play today though.
he was a perfectly ok young keeper. But not anything to write home about. His increasing habit of pushing shots back in front of him needs working on for me more than any other weakness.
At his age probably needs a little time out of the limelight before he goes again, probably on loan, probably at our level or below.
(21-01-2023, 06:23 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]He’ll probably have a good career in the football league. He’s a very good shot stopper who needs to work on his command of the area and perhaps decision-making. He worked hard on his distribution and definitely improved. How he can be written off as shit at 21 is beyond me. Keepers tend to last at least three or four years longer than outfield players and tend to get better with age. It’ll be interesting to see if he’s shit as you say in 5 or even 10 years time. The other Josh, Olí, started really well with Pompey with some excellent saves in the Mickey Mouse cup but came down to earth with a bump with a mistake that cost a goal in his first league appearance in front of a full Fratton. A goalkeeper’ s job is often thankless. How many mistakes do outfield players make during a match? The keeper can make one and he’s had a terrible game. Hopefully Olí can put that behind him and move on. I don’t think he’ll play today though.
(21-01-2023, 06:23 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]He’ll probably have a good career in the football league. He’s a very good shot stopper who needs to work on his command of the area and perhaps decision-making. He worked hard on his distribution and definitely improved. How he can be written off as shit at 21 is beyond me. Keepers tend to last at least three or four years longer than outfield players and tend to get better with age. It’ll be interesting to see if he’s shit as you say in 5 or even 10 years time. The other Josh, Olí, started really well with Pompey with some excellent saves in the Mickey Mouse cup but came down to earth with a bump with a mistake that cost a goal in his first league appearance in front of a full Fratton. A goalkeeper’ s job is often thankless. How many mistakes do outfield players make during a match? The keeper can make one and he’s had a terrible game. Hopefully Olí can put that behind him and move on. I don’t think he’ll play today though.

"He worked hard on his distribution & it definitely improved " 

Hmmmmmmm in the last two home matches all he did is hoof the ball ( maybe that was order's?)  no playing out from the back. He wax Jno better than Alex Bass with his distribution, big Cowley mistake !!

Oh & JI thought Josh O league debut was AWAY at Notlob, not Fratton Park.........
(21-01-2023, 06:07 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Probably because they don’t want our boo boys ruining their young prospect and would rather he develops in more secure surroundings.

Wouldn't at be surprised if WBA  recalled him simply because he asked them too.
Good point Baba.
If he were on WBA's bench and had to come on, I think that would rule out a loan to another club for the rest of the season. That wouldn't help anyone, so not a risk worth taking.
Another good point!