TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: First half time report of the new era!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mousinho's got his work cut out

Macey - excellent, two crucial saves
Swanson - started well but let his man get past him easily on one occasion. Good going forward
Raggers - solid as usual, not much to do
Towler - jury out, some good touches but ditto what happened to Swanson
Ogilvie - hot and cold as he's been for a while now
Pack - done very little
Morrell - started brightly but has lost the ball too often and not found a single telling pass (neither have his midfield teammates tbh)
Tunni - get him off. Made two good tackles but his first five interventions were disastrous, kept losing the ball. Stood ball watching as they very nearly scored
Dale - same old, dribbling too much, losing the ball, offside, give away fouls, one good run. Missed a free header
Jacobs - is he on the pitch? Done absolutely nothing
Bishop - one shot over the bar and little else. His flicks never seem to find a blue shirt

All in all, lucky not to be 1 or 2 down
Can't disagree with any of that except I thought Raggett was awful and got turned too many times. Plus Exeter were cutting through midfield and defence like a hot knife through butter.
As per normal . Moushino probably realises he’s got a mammoth task on his hands
(21-01-2023, 04:08 PM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]Tuning in from sunny Barbados. It's been absolute shite, I'll give it another 10 minutes and if no improvement I'm going to the beach..

Lucky fucker. I love the Bajan life. I’d just go now if I were you.
Goal of the season, yeaahh
Has Gilles gone?
(21-01-2023, 04:18 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]Goal of the season, yeaahh

Well he’s definitely won “only” goal of the month.
Much better second half, truly the old "game of two halves"
I've never know Fratton Park as quiet as in the first half. At least almost all fans kept off the players back.

At least the new boss has seen the problems in the first half and some encouraging things to work with from the second. His (?) choice of keeper seems very much what we needed.
Yes much better 2nd half. Massive moment for me was when Macey came out and took the ball from the attacker bearing down on our goal. Great goal by Pack, Joe M should have made it 2.0, then he did with the aid of their goalie. Pompey played some nice football 2nd half, Keep it up please
(21-01-2023, 06:07 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Yes much better 2nd half.  Massive moment for me was when Macey came out and took the ball from the attacker bearing down on our goal. Great goal by Pack, Joe M should have made it 2.0, then he did with the aid of their goalie.  Pompey played some nice football 2nd half, Keep it up please

I was expecting him to score, I don’t think Griffiths ever stopped an attack like that, they always seemed to score past him when in those situations.

I really thought the keeper was class today, very impressed by yet another ‘cheap’ option…