TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Win At Last!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well done Lads! We needed that & hope we can string some results together now.
Go Johnny go on the tannoy
Thank fuck for that! Much better 2nd half! Confidence showed after scoring.
Here’s hoping that that’s put the handbrake on! Much needed.
A new manager bounce; let's hope it lasts.
Cowley's 'bounce' lasted an impressive four games BUT...our first signing of the new era looks excellent and we improved as the game wore on - signs Mousinho can influence games. A win and a clean sheet can only improve confidence both for players and fans. Bring on Fleetwood.....
34 looks a very good defender and the keeper had a thoroughly good game, hopefully if he keeps that up he can be a try before you buy sort of loan.
Are you referring to Towler, Hammie?
Yes, manager had No time to take a training session so more motivational stuff.

Time on the training ground next week to work on formations & set plays.

2 good looking signing/loan.

Need to add a couple more.

Would love to see Carter as one of them back fit & came on as a 75th minute sub if budget allows.

BTW Hirst started for Ipswich wholost 2-1 & was subbed after 65 minutes so not doing it at present.

Dale & Scarlett both staying until the end of the season which is good news.
Morrison going to Cambridge apparently, Mousinho just said in his match interview. Must say does come across okay.
(21-01-2023, 06:33 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, manager had No time to take a training session so more motivational stuff.

Would love to see Carter as one of them back fit & came on as a 75th minute sub if budget allows.

BTW Hirst started for Ipswich wholost 2-1 & was subbed after 65 minutes so not doing it at present.

I wouldn’t play Carter in place of Swanson. I wouldn’t mind him as cover until Rafferty gets fit.
Don’t think we need Carter with Swanson, Rafferty and Freeman. Other reinforcements more important imo
(21-01-2023, 05:48 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Are you referring to Towler, Hammie?

I suspect so,whoever he was he was a man mountain and had a very impressive debut

aging eyes mean i can't always read the names on the shirts.
(21-01-2023, 06:45 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]

I suspect so,whoever he was he was a man mountain and had a very impressive debut

Same for me re eyes when the play is down the Milton End Hammie but I'd not swap my seat for anything
(21-01-2023, 07:08 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-01-2023, 06:45 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]

Same for me re eyes when the play is down the Milton End Hammie but I'd not swap my seat for anything
The coloured advert thingy behind the milton end goal is a pain in the ars especially when it has a light coloured background under floodlights.
Can't say coloured anymore ;-)
(21-01-2023, 06:42 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-01-2023, 06:33 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, manager had No time to take a training session so more motivational stuff.

I wouldn’t play Carter in place of Swanson. I wouldn’t mind him as cover until Rafferty gets fit.

The good thing about Carter having seen a recent Blackburn game is that he can also play as a right WB as well as CD.
We need to cover for possible injuries.
(21-01-2023, 07:40 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Can't say coloured anymore ;-)

Smile
Do you think he’d drop down a division if he’s getting starts there?
(21-01-2023, 07:45 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]

Smile

'Coloured background' is not acceptable  but 'background of colour' apparently is though, which surely is exactly the same thing!
(22-01-2023, 01:01 AM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-01-2023, 07:45 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]

Smile

'Coloured background' is not acceptable  but 'background of colour' apparently is though, which surely is exactly the same thing!

That is literally true but the difference lies in history rather than English. 'Coloured' was the term used by the so-called Jim Crow Laws that brough racial segregation to the southern states of the US in the early 20th Century and inspired the civil rights movement. Thus, it has always been associated with racial prejudice.