TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: That's better
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At last! Owe it to Macey really, three excellent saves first half. Good referee by the way, just made a couple of errors right at the end, but so good to see a ref let things flow and not blow up all the time.
(21-01-2023, 04:58 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]At last! Owe it to Macey really, three excellent saves first half. Good referee by the way, just made a couple of errors right at the end, but so good to see a ref let things flow and not blow up all the time.

Fantastic, started bright and then Exeter had the best of the 1st half. The goal changed everything, was so badly needed.

Fantastic result.
Thank fook for that!
And the keeper was excellent.
And the scummers are still propping up the Prem.
All seemed a bit more energetic and purposeful . Good start .
Morrell is not a goal scorer! Had three good chances, fluffed the first two then got very lucky with the third.
Really struggled as the first half went on, but most of the crowd stayed quiet rather than getting on their backs. What a difference a goal makes!
The two new signings look very promising at the back, Raggett looked increasingly comfortable just doing what he does well. And no more over complicated corner routines but some very good delivery.
(21-01-2023, 05:41 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Really struggled as the first half went on, but most of the crowd stayed quiet rather than getting on their backs. What a difference a goal makes!
The two new signings look very promising at the back, Raggett looked increasingly comfortable just doing what he does well. And no more over complicated corner routines but some very good delivery.

I thought Curtis looked much better than of late when he came on. If we can get him anyyhing like the top of his game he can make a huge difference.
(21-01-2023, 05:45 PM)Northstandgeorge Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-01-2023, 05:41 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Really struggled as the first half went on, but most of the crowd stayed quiet rather than getting on their backs. What a difference a goal makes!

I thought Curtis looked much better than of late when he came on. If we can get him anyyhing like the top of his game he can make a huge difference.

as with many of the squad I suspect the over complicated set up and constant change of position pulled him down. He wasn't on long and set up a really good chance or more than one?
New goalie and defender have now got a game under their belts, so will be fine from here on. The keeper deserved mom for keeping them in the game. Dale lots of effort and involvement, but, as ever, little end product. The team improved during the game as they got used to the new formation and personnel. Thompson must be ready for a full 90 minutes by now. I shall continue to bang the drum for Pigott to be considered, probably to no useful purpose.
We definitely didnt play the ball across the back four so much (as under Cowley) which is a mighty plus.
That’s because Exeter were all over us and we were reduced to just trying to clear our lines.
1st half was probably as bad a half we have had all season, but I believe he changed Morrell into a more attacking role for the second half and that made the difference. Never understood why the Cowley’s had to holding midfielders. Good steady debut by Towler he was controlled on the ball and didn’t panic. But I thought Macey had an outstanding game on today’s showing a definite upgrade from Griffiths.
I've never been a fan of Jacobs, unlike some on this board, and he did nothing to improve his standing with me today.
(21-01-2023, 06:48 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]I've never been a fan of Jacobs, unlike some on this board, and he did nothing to improve his standing with me today.

his set piece delivery was a step up but not a lot other than that today. Curtis on for him helped us to defend higher up the pitch as did Thompson
Need some pace down the left
Much better,very watchable second half.
We need some pace all over the place, really noticeable how Exeter looked very dangerous on the break. But somehow we found a way to win regardless which is what better teams do regularly. here's hoping.
Mingi is our fastest, Swanson no slouch. Dale zigzags too much