TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Full time report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Macey. Some excellent saves. Kicked with both feet. Is he a left or right hooker? 8
Ogilvie. A bit better than of late. Very good effort on goal. 7
Towler. I’m giving him time to build on that. Certainly wasn’t awful. 6
Raggett. Needs to be confident with his partner in the middle. 6
Swanson. Bypassed too easily once in the first half  but otherwise excellent MOM 8
Morrell. Loads of energy but an awful miss followed by an awful goal. Love it! 7.5
Pack. Ordinary performance that certainly didn’t deserve the captain’s armband until…6 (+2 for the goal).
Jacobs. 10 out of ten for the set piece deliveries. 6 out of ten for overall performance.
Bishop. Not up to his shot versus goal percentage but at least he had the shots. Battled away. 7
Dale. MOM? I didn’t think so. Full of commitment but always a final decision away from brilliance. 7

Curtis. Enthusiasm, commitment, drive and passion. Sadly lacking in quality (apart from one beautiful pass to Bish). 7

Thompson. Came on, clattered someone. He’s back in town and exactly what we need. 7.5
(21-01-2023, 05:59 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Macey. Some excellent saves kicked with both feet. Is he a left or right hooker? 8
Swanson. Bypassed too easily once in the first half  but otherwise excellent MOM 8
Morrell. Loads of energy but an awful miss followed by an awful goal. Love it! 7.5
Pack. Ordinary performance that certainly didn’t deserve the captain’s armband until…6 (+2 for the goal).
Jacobs. 10 out of ten for the set piece deliveries. 6 out of ten for overall performance.
Bishop. Not up to his shot versus goal percentage but at least he had the shots. Battled away. 7
Dale. MOM? I didn’t think so. Full of commitment but always a final decision away from brilliance. 7

Curtis. Enthusiasm, commitment, drive and passion. Sadly lacking in quality (apart from one beautiful pass to Bish). 7

Thompson. Came on, clattered someone. He’s back in town and exactly what we need. 7.5

Was at work so couldn't go to the game. I guess Tunnicliffe was so anonymous you couldn't be bothered to rank him?
(21-01-2023, 06:07 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-01-2023, 05:59 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Macey. Some excellent saves kicked with both feet. Is he a left or right hooker? 8

Was at work so couldn't go to the game. I guess Tunnicliffe was so anonymous you couldn't be bothered to rank him?
Chuckle. Well spotted.

Tunnicliffe. Got rightly applauded off the pitch but still doesn’t look match sharp enough to me. My opinion of him is certainly much better than it was at the start of the season. Still only a 7 though.
His first five contributions were dire. Did a bit better afterwards but doesn’t really offer much going forward or in defence. With Thompson and Lowery fit he won’t get in the team.
I agree re Tunnicliffe but hope one day we have Lowery fit
At least he improved. Rightly subbed though.
(21-01-2023, 06:34 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]I agree re Tunnicliffe but hope one day we have Lowery fit

Looking forward to that day!
Anyone know what's happening with Rafferty?
It was mentioned that he’s making progress, Mikey, but would you play him in front of Swanson?
No not at present but good to have an option if Swanson gets injured.

Glad you liked Jacobs set-pieces just needs to improve his general play but that will come with more minutes.
Not sure, Swanson very good going forward and some good tackles in defence although his man got past him on a couple of occasions. Can’t remember Rafferty!
(21-01-2023, 06:37 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]It was mentioned that he’s making progress, Mikey, but would you play him in front of Swanson?

I would play Rafferty once fit. We looked so much better with him at the back. I think Swanson has played a lot more games than was expected and will be better next season for that.
I thnk some are blaming the central defenders for us getting hit on the break, if they were up for corners and the like they would have to be on motorbikes to get back and be the last man.
Ryley Towler is a definite upgrade on Clark Robertson ......
(21-01-2023, 06:49 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I thnk some are blaming the central defenders for us getting hit on the break, if they were up for corners and the like they would have to be on motorbikes to get back and be the last man.

First clean sheet for ages though so better defending all round.
(21-01-2023, 07:47 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-01-2023, 06:49 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I thnk some are blaming the central defenders for us getting hit on the break, if they were up for corners and the like they would have to be on motorbikes to get back and be the last man.

First clean sheet for ages though so better defending all round.

I thought Raggett looked increasingly comfortable in the set up and no sideways passing required.
Towler impressed me with his first header I think. Nearly went half the pitch!
A left footed youngster who looks as though a good player will come out eventually. Actually made Raggett calmer imo.
If Derby want Robertson they can have him. Fucking crocked all the time and never a captain
I'd play a fit Rafferty every time over Swanson
I’d like to have the choice.

Rafferty was excellent but I have no problem with Swanson either and he improves every game.
Agree, I’m not sure Rafferty walks straight back in now.
Swanson breaking the Ex'ter defence several times, must keep his place for Tuesday, otherwise one change if all fit, Curtis starts for Jacobs.
(22-01-2023, 09:52 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Swanson breaking the Ex'ter defence several times,  must keep his place for Tuesday, otherwise one change if all fit, Curtis starts for Jacobs.

As soon as we started switching the ball and playing blind passes and trusting players to be there or get in to space the ball was played too.
(22-01-2023, 09:52 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Swanson breaking the Ex'ter defence several times,  must keep his place for Tuesday, otherwise one change if all fit, Curtis starts for Jacobs.

You could make a case for Curtis based on yesterday but the most important thing now is stablity. 
No more chopping and changing of personnel and formations. So same line up for me.
TBH we need to replace Curtis and Jacobs and get someone better than ‘no end product’ Dale.
Pages: 1 2