TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Can get enthused again now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New manager, a win, new GK did himself proud and we were shipping out Morrison which could not be more of a repudiation of the Cowley era.

On we go from here
(22-01-2023, 02:03 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]New manager, a win, new GK did himself proud and we were shipping out Morrison which could not be more of a repudiation of the Cowley era.

On we go from here

onwards and upwards
We currently have the only minimum wage manager with a 100% record in the Football League!
Can you prove he’s on minimum wage???
I reckon he’ll be on at least £150k
(23-01-2023, 05:25 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Can you prove he’s on minimum wage???
I reckon he’ll be on at least £150k

Nope, but considering the Eisners are tightwads I felt it was a reasonable assumption Smile
The amount they have spent on the ground suggests your premise is way off.
A good start from "Mushinho".

With a decent backroom team and a couple of astute signings, we could have a positive second half to the season.
I think he could be on 100k. He only had a playing contract till the end of the season, then he would have been probably looking at a coaching job at a lower league team.... Till his luck come in and one of the biggest punts of all time happened...

His football record in the last 3 seasons for Oxford.
26 games.

So at 37 years old at the end of the season, If he wanted to play on I don't think you would have had any takers in league one. And the wage level he could have got lower down the leagues would have dropped right off.
That doesn’t explain why ‘he could be on 100k’.
100k seems a lot for league 1
10 years ago, £32k per year would have been a players salary in division 5 (The Conference or whatever). Memory suggests we had some players on £3k per week in div 4 & Pittman, I think, was on more. So JM being on £100k is no unreasonable.
(23-01-2023, 09:57 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]100k seems a lot for league 1

Ther average player's salary in league one is more than that, and although managers wages probably don't match the highest paid players I'm sure they will be more than the average player.