TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: EFL clubs payrolls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is getting a lot of attention.
It puts our weekly wage bill at £94K
Real figures or clickbait? They have MK Dons and Shrewsbury twice - with different figures - and Sheffield Weds are still placed among the Championship figures.

https://salarysport.com/football/
(23-01-2023, 12:02 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]This is getting a lot of attention.
Real figures or clickbait? They have MK Dons and Shrewsbury twice - with different figures - and Sheffield Weds are still placed among the Championship figures.

Even if real we aren’t paying the full wages of Scarlett or Piggot
As far as I know, the wages figures are only publically revealed in their accounts statement to HMRC every March and these are presented as a complete figure for all staff at the club not just the players or specific players.
That's correct Gerry. The books don't follow seasons and cover costs which are amortised across seasons so there is no way to reverse engineer the playing budget from the accounts.
Time for The News to find out the truth of these figures, you might think. Nah, too much work! They have decided that just rehashing what this site says is much easier.
(23-01-2023, 12:02 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]This is getting a lot of attention.

They can't be "real figures" because individuals salaries are not public knowledge. But they can be informed approximations, and I wouldn't think these are far out, particularly at total level even if some of the individuals look a bit wrong.About £5m is what we were told the playing budget was.
Don't think they're far out. Interesting our 2 highest paid players are both currentlyon the bench.
Club only paying part of their wages.
Looking at other Div 1 players Blackett - Taylor - Charlton & Josh Keys - Exeter could well be within our price range.
Our highest paid players will mostly fringe on never going to play
Freeman
Jacobs
Morrison
Curtis (I imagine to get him to resign a big pay rise)
Piggott(presumably paying his wages)
Tunniclif (be in good wages dropping from the championship)

And then you have raggett who is a starter atm but running his contract down meant a big pay rise

Our wage budget has been wasted massively which presumably is why Hughes will be looking after a lot of the transfers from now on!
The figures are taken off FIFA23 career manager, so no not real.
Oh for goodness sake, if the News is reporting FIFA23 stats as real then we are in trouble. Perhaps they'd like to write a piece on the time Stalybridge Celtic won the European cup on my PlayStation.
I may not have been entirely serious but if you look on line at the FIFA data they’ve taken an educated guess based on age, perceived worth in the transfer market etc which is all anyone who isn’t the payroll manager will be doing.

I bet a lot of coaches and individual board members have no idea what individuals earn at their clubs.
(23-01-2023, 04:52 PM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]Oh for goodness sake, if the News is reporting FIFA23 stats as real then we are in trouble. Perhaps they'd like to write a piece on the time Stalybridge Celtic won the European cup on my PlayStation.

Embarrassing. Written by their Sports Editor, Mark McMahon too. Guessing Neil Allen didn't want to go near it with a barge pole.
If it is accurate, it puts our wages between Bolton and Charlton which seems reasonable, especially bearing in mind that both clubs have new stadia whereas we are still sorting our out.
(23-01-2023, 04:52 PM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]Oh for goodness sake, if the News is reporting FIFA23 stats as real then we are in trouble. Perhaps they'd like to write a piece on the time Stalybridge Celtic won the European cup on my PlayStation.

To be fair to the News they are not reporting them as real. 

But they are a typical page filler filched from the internet, a prime example of how far journalism standards have been dumbed down.
(23-01-2023, 03:38 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

They can't be "real figures" because individuals salaries are not public knowledge. But they can be informed approximations, and I wouldn't think these are far out, particularly at total level even if some of the individuals look a bit wrong.About £5m is what we were told the playing budget was.

That's about right, that puts us on a par with little clubs in League One.